Categories > Original > Humor > Deep Space

High Strung

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tired of what Aki is turning into, Mark takes her out for the night.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2016-06-29 - 539 words - Complete

0Unrated
High Strung

Aki looked stressed two weeks after her job interview. She put her head down on her desk.

“Why hasn’t she called back?” Aki wailed.

“Give it time,” Mark said, sitting on her bed.

“I have been!”

“They probably have other people to interview.”

“People better than me.”

“Don’t say that.”

“But it might be true.” Aki sat back in her chair and groaned. “I’m so screwed!” “Mark shook his head. He climbed off of the bed and walked over to his “girlfriend”.

“Let’s go out today,” he said. Aki lifted her head.

“What?” she asked. Mark grabbed her by the arm and dragged her out of the room.

“Mark!” she shouted before the door closed behind them.

--------

“Why are we out here?” Aki asked as they were outside in the parking lot.

“What’s gotten into you?” Mark asked.

“Huh?”

“Why are you so obsessed with getting a job? This isn’t like you.”

Aki shrugged. “I just figured I would change and find one.”

“Since when?”

“Felt like it.”

“What did your sister day?”

Aki dropped her head. “Is it that obvious?”

“What did she say to you?”

She sighed and dropped her head. “She didn’t think I was doing enough.”

“Oh.”

His “girlfriend” clenched her fists at her sides. “I couldn’t stand it when she said that to my face.” Aki lifted her head. “I just… Oh god.”

“You got carried away, didn’t you?”

“Yeah.”

Mark patted her on the shoulder. “I think you are fine the way you are.”

“I know, but it won’t stop my sister from sticking her nose up at me.” Aki shuddered. “I hate when she looks at me with those glaring eyes.”

“Who cares what Haru thinks?”

She gave him a blank stare. “What?”

“What do you want?”

“What do I want?”

“Yes.”

His “girlfriend” thought about the question before one answer came into her head. “I want a drink.”

“Got it.” Mark grabbed her by the hand and led her further down the street.

“Mark!” his “girlfriend” shouted. “Slow down!”

--------

The pair spend most of the night bar-hopping. For the first time since she came home, Aki felt more like herself.

“Was I that crazy and obsessive?” she asked loud enough to the ceiling in one bar.

“Yeah!” Mark shouted back over the pounding music.

“I’ll drink to that!”

“Hell yeah!”

Aki stuck up her arm in the air. “More rounds!” She laughed as she leaned back on the bar. Mark patted her on the head with a drunken smile.There you are, he thought. Could every night be like this?

---------

By morning, Aki awoke in her bed with a throbbing headache.Oh damn, she thought. How much did I drink last night? The woman happened to look down at herself and find that all of her clothes were missing. She blinked as she covered herself with the sheets.

Uh… where are my clothes? It didn’t take Aki long to realize that she wasn’t alone. Her head turned to her bed when she heard snoring. The woman’s eyes slowly widened.

Don’t tell me…

Mark lay sound asleep beside her in her bed.
Sign up to rate and review this story