Categories > Movies > Underworld > Reincarnate

Back To The Mortuary

by Mada 0 reviews

Rated PG13 for language. This is a story about if Lucian had been looking for a female Corvin instead of Michael.

Category: Underworld - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kraven, Lucian, Marcus, Michael, Selene, Sonja, Viktor - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-06-18 - Updated: 2005-06-19 - 1153 words

0Unrated
As Marie stepped outside she felt a slight drizzle on her head.

As she started sprinting across the mansion's unused driveway, she heard the sound of boots behind her.

She could smell Pierce and Taylor behind her.

"Damn it!" she growled.

Marie took off in an all out run.

She knew they'd keep up, but maybe they'd get the picture and at least keep some distance between themselves and Marie.

As she finally reached one of the last remaining phone booths, in the world, she rummaged in her pockets for change.

She stepped inside and inserted a coin.

As she dialed, she could barely make out Pierce and Taylor, but she knew they were there.

She heard the phone ringing and then heard the sound of it picking up.

"Hello?" a female voice came on.

"Hi mom?"

"Marie? Is that you?" Yelena Corvin said. "Oh you don't know how good it is to hear your voice."

"Did you get my letter?" Marie asked, tentatively.

"Yes," her mother replied. "What's wrong? Why did you drop out? Are you on drugs?"

"No, mom! I'm not on drugs," Marie said. "Something just came up. You have to trust me that I know I'll be alright."

"Okay, your father wants to talk to you," Yelena said. "You make sure to call again soon, understand?"

"Yes, mom. I will."

"Spaciba, Marie. Ya tebya lyublyu," Yelena said, softly. (a/n: basically that was Russian, in the English alphabet. I don't know if I spelled it right or anything but I found the words somewhere.)

"Your welcome. I love you too, mom."

"Sonja?" a gruff, male voice said.

"Hi dad," Marie said smiling. "How are you?"

"I'm fine," Josef said to his daughter. "What's so important that you'd drop out? Are you on crack?"

Marie sighed "No, dad. I'm not on crack. I would never do a drug named after a part of my ass, okay?"

Josef started laughing, "That's my girl."

"I miss you dad, and mom," Marie said, starting to cry.

"I know," Josef replied, on the verge of tears himself. "But you gotta live your own life, have your own adventures. I'm sure whatever you're doing is exciting. Right?"

"You could put it that way," Marie said, dryly.

"Well, make sure you have fun, okay?"

"Okay dad," Marie said. "I love you, dad."

"I love you too sweetheart. Bye"

"Bye."

With that Marie hung up the phone.

Wiping her tears, Marie stepped out of the booth.

"Hey! There she is!"

Marie's head whipped around and she saw about ten death dealers coming towards her.

"Shit!"

She started to run, but was caught by a vampire who had been sitting on top of the phone booth, waiting.

"So that's what the disgusting stench was," Marie thought.

He pulled out a handkerchief and put it over her nose and mouth.

Marie smelled extremely strong chemicals before passing out.

************************

Lucian was still sitting with Michael, Logan, Sarah, and Selene when Pierce and Taylor burst in.

"Bloods!" Pierce said.

"They got to her before we could do anything!" Taylor said.

Michael stood up, "What did they do to her?"

"Chloroformed her," Taylor said.

"They've got some plans for her," Pierce finished.

"Damn it!" Lucian slammed the table with his fists.

"Assemble a team," he told the two. "We're going to Ordoghaz tonight!"

Pierce and Taylor nodded, leaving.

************************

Marie's eyes opened, groggily.

"See, I told you I didn't give her too much."

She opened her eyes wider, trying to locate the person who was talking.

"Come on," said another. "Lets take her to Lord Marcus."

Marie felt herself being picked up, and taken somewhere.

"Oh crap!" she thought, as she recognized where she was. "Back to the mortuary."

The two vampires holding her set her on her feet and left.

Marie looked around the room, nothing had changed, and she saw someone else was in the room. Someone she'd never seen before.

"Do you know why you are here?" a loud, booming voice said.

"No," she said.

"You are here so that we may lead the lycan leader, Lucian, out of hiding. Then we will kill him."

Marie saw a man come out of the shadows. He was a tall man, with dark blonde hair, and blue eyes. He wasn't unattractive, but he wasn't her type.

"I am Marcus," he said. "I am the lord here."

"So you're the vampire leader?" Marie asked him.

"Yes."

"Oh great, now I know my other crappy choice," she thought.

Marcus came toward her and shock came over his face.

"Sonja," he breathed. "It's been so long."

"God!" Marie practically yelled, in frustration. "I keep telling people, I'm not Sonja! My name is Marie!"

Marcus was suddenly right in front of her, touching her, moving her head so that her neck was in full view.

"Sonja," you smell so good," he said, lustfully.

"What in fucking hell do you think you're doing?" she asked, struggling against him.

"I'm going to take back what was stolen from me," he said, growling.

Behind her, Marie heard the doors open. There was a sound of gunfire and yelling.

Michael and Selene burst in and stood by the door keeping watch, shooting any vampires that came too close.

Marie then heard Lucian's voice.

"Let her go Marcus!"

"Not until I finally get what I've wanted for so long," Marcus growled.

Marie tried to move, but Marcus had her in a death grip.

Before she could do anything, Marcus reared his head back and then sunk his teeth into her neck.

"Ahh!" Marie screamed.

Lucian ran forward. He ripped Marcus' head away and grabbed Marie's arm.

Marcus recovered quickly and jumped forward, tackling Lucian.

They were to busy fighting, and Michael was to busy with Selene, to notice Marie.

She was holding onto her head tightly. Her face was contorted in pain and confusion.

She started screaming, loudly enough that Lucian and Marcus stopped fighting and Michael and Selene stared at her.

"Let me out."

Suddenly she looked up, a blank look on her face.

"No," she whispered.

Marie swayed for a moment before suddenly falling forward.

Lucian jumped up in time and caught her.

"Let's go!" he yelled.

Getting a firm hold on Marie's body and glaring at Marcus one last time, Lucian ran out of the throne room.

************************

Lucian watched as Sarah busied herself over the passed out Marie, lying on her bed.

"Look, look! She's coming too."

Lucian stood up immediately and stared at Marie's stirring form.

Her eyes opened and she sat up, slowly.

She didn't say a word, as she looked at the people around her, confused.

She then looked down at herself her clothes, her hands, and her hair.

"What's going on?" she asked, tentatively.

Then she stood up, walked over to Lucian and wrapped her arms around his neck, smiling.

"You'll tell me," she said. "Won't you, my love."

With that, she kissed him.
Sign up to rate and review this story