Categories > Original > Humor > Deep Space

Stand Up!!!!

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Mark is feeling stuck on how to fix things when he gets a call from Spud with the answer he might need.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2016-08-31 - 577 words - Complete

0Unrated
Stand Up!!!!

Somehow, this wasn’t good enough for Mark. Letting it blow over wasn’t satisfying. Aki’s words made him want to do something, but he couldn’t figure out what. That was when his phone rang.

“Hello?” he asked.

“Mark!” a voice shouted over the phone. The Scottish man raised his eyebrow.

“Spud?” he asked.

“I have a way to fix yer problems!”

Mark had a puzzled look on his face. Usually, Spud talked a lot of turkey when he was drunk or sober. Instinct told Mark to just nod, let the man talk, send him on his way, and hang up. But somehow…

“What do you have?” he asked.

“Meet me at my place in ten minutes,” Spud said. He hung up before Mark could ask any more questions. The Scottish man stared at his phone. This was Spud, but… This was Spud, but…

Mark headed out the door.

-------

It took Mark about a couple of moments to try and remember where Spud’s apartment was. He found it straight down the hall. Mark came to apartment 217 and knocked on the door. Spud opened it with a huge grin on his face.

“Mark!” he said. “You made it! Come on in!” The other Scottish man blinked as he followed him inside. Where is this going? He was even more surprised to find Sick Boy and Tommy sitting on the couch in the pot-smelling living room.

“Yo!” Sick Boy said, waving. Tommy waved as well.

“Hi…” Mark said, waving back. Spud clapped his hands.

“Great!” he said. “Now we can begin?” Mark gave him a strange look.

“Begin what?” he asked. “What’s the plan?” His weird friend leaned into his face, grinning.

“Glad you asked!” he said. “Picture the scene.” Spud shoved him a piece of paper with a child-like drawing on it. At first, Mark didn’t understand what he was seeing.

“What the fuck is this?” he asked.

“Look at it!” Spud said.

“Okay…” Mark looked at the picture for a few seconds. Then, a light flickered on in his head. “Oh…”

“Let me see,” Sick Boy said as he and Tommy crowded behind Mark for a look. Soon, all three men had lightbulbs above their heads.

“Wow!” Tommy said. Sick Boy turned to Spud.

“How did you come to this?” he asked. The loopy Scottish man only shrugged.

“It just came to me,” he said. Mark lowered the picture by his side and broke into a grin.

“Thanks, Spud!” he said. “This might work out.” The Scottish man kissed him and marched out of the apartment with the picture in his head. On a normal situation, Mark would just brush him off and come up with something else to work with. He took one more look at the childish drawing in his hand.Somehow, this might work…

-------

When Mark got back to the apartment, he found himself in for another surprise. Nikki and Aki sat on the couch in the living room, waiting for him. He froze with the picture by his side.

“Nikki? Aki?” he asked, looking back and forth. The Scottish man rested his eyes on his roommate.

“I thought you were going to bed,” he said.

“I was,” Aki said. “But Nikki came by because she had to tell you something.” His girlfriend shifted in her seat.

“I’m going to New York in two weeks,” she said. “For that internship that I applied for.”
Sign up to rate and review this story