Categories > Anime/Manga > Attack on Titan > Armin being Armin

Goodbye

by NerdHerd 0 reviews

Armin's Grandfather has to go outside the walls.

Category: Attack on Titan - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2017-04-10 - 532 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was cold and stormy. Everyone was starving. The Titans had eaten everyone, or almost everyone. Armin was hiding underneath a bridge. Crying, he whimpered for his grandfather. Suddenly. A Titan tore the bridge apart. He was to terrified to move. He was lifted up by his torso, and was greeted by the mouth of the Titan. He woke up in cold sweat, in the makeshift shelter he made. The people had never expected this much of a food shortage. It was early, but the food stations were open. There was a line, but not too long of a line. He got two loaves of bread, and a small share of water. When he was walking back home, he noticed a poster. It read," All men over the age of fifteen years will go outside the walls and attack the Titans," Armin almost dropped the bread. He ran the rest of the way home. There were two military policemen talking to his grandfather. "Papa? You're not going with them.. Are you?" Armin said with tears in his eyes. "Oh, Armin I.. I'm so sorry but, I have to or else the food shortage might get out of hand and you might di-" he tried to explain, but he was cut off by Armin. "They are just sending you out to die! You can't! You are the only person I have left! Please don't leave me!" Armin tugged as his grandfather's shirt sleeve. He looked at the policemen, then down at Armin. He knelt down. "Armin, it's for the best. I need to do this. I love you so much," he said, wrapping his arms around Armin, and handing him his hat. "You can always remember me by this," and with that he left. "I love you too,"
one week later<
"Well, well. If it isn't Armin. What've you got there you freak?" It was Eren. He reached for the bread Armin was cradling in his arms. He jerked away. "Go away, Eren. Go find your own food," Armin said, trying to defend himself. "I guess you don't know your place. If you family member survived going outside the walls, you are higher ranked. If not, you are at the bottom, like you. My father survived, and your grandfather did not," Eren explained, all with a smirk. "So, hand over the food. Or I will take it from you," Eren ordered. Armin took a big bit out of the bread, and tossed Eren a tiny crumb. Eren was set off in a rage. He bit his hand, and there was a brilliant flash of light. An enormous Titan appeared out of nowhere, staring straight down at Armin. It gave a loud roar, and tried to stomp on Armin. Armin was too quick though, and ran away as fast a he could possibly go. The Titan was fast, though. Armin ducked underneath a bridge. He cried and whimpered for his grandfather. It was starting to rain and storm, and the Titan was angry, and looking for Armin. The Titan tore apart the bridge, and gripped Armin around his torso. He was too terrified to move, scream, or struggle. This was the end of Armin.
Sign up to rate and review this story