Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Spies of the Georgia Straight: The Curse of the Giant Squid

With Victory Comes Price

by panda_1418 0 reviews

His eyes seemed to say, "I wish there was another way, but there isn't."

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-09-05 - Updated: 2006-09-05 - 758 words

0Unrated
Julius hit the water with a loud splash. Immediately, Georgia's tentacles were upon him. Dr Dismay slipped out of the cave, bu not unnoticed by Delilah. She swiftly opened the cage door and began issuing orders.

"Emmet, Ursula, after Dr Dismay! Nosey, you're with me!"

Nosey nodded and whipped out his diver's knife. He reached the ladder of the tank first and began to climb. When he got to the top, Nosey stubbed his toe and toppled into the water with a yelp.

"Great ..." Delilah muttered as she stood on the edge of the tank. She took a deep breath and plunged in, knife at the ready.

Delilah came upon Nosey first, struggling to free himself from the tentacle. She stabbed her knife into the skin. A blood-curdling, high-pitched scream tore through the water as the squid released Nosey. He and Delilah began to repeatedly stab and hack at the tentacle holding Julius dangerously close to Georgia's mouth. More screamed echoed through the water as the three agents attacked the squid. A flailing tentacle caught Delilah on the head, stunning her. Julius and Nosey grabbed her and swam to the surface.

"Run!" was the first word out of Julius' mouth.

The other two needed no second bidding. Georgia's tentacles shot out of the water, grabbing and destroying anything they touched. The spies hurried out of the room. Only when they reached the submarine room did they stop.

"Oh man," Nosey panted. "That was close!"

Julius was about to comment when a loud, pained shriek reached their ears. He shuddered. "Let's get out of here. Good thing Dr Dismay left two subs here."

Delilah wasn't sure the creaky, rusty submarine was entirely safe, but another cry from Georgia - closer this time - swayed here. "All right, let's go!"

The trio hurried aboard the rust-bucket just as a tentacle crept into the room. Georgia's monstrous bloody head emerged. Julius took the controls and quickly exited the underwater station, with the squid hot on their heels. Georgia flopped awkwardly into the water, intent on catching her dinner.

"We've sprung a leak!" Nosey announced.

"Just what we need." Julius grumbled, bringing the sub up to full speed. But nothing could out-run the deranged squid. She extended her tentacle, ready to crush the vessel.

It was all over ...

WHAM!!

Like a lightening bolt, the giant squid Squire struck Georgia. He began tearing at the smaller creature. Delilah turned away from the grisly scene. A few moments later, the submarine surfaced. Delilah, Julius and Nosey walked out onto the deck.

"Look!" Nosey cried, pointing. "It's Dr Dismay! Ursula and Emmet have him!"

Julius smiled at the submarine a few miles away, and the dark figures of Ursula and Emmet beating on Dr Dismay. "All's well that ends w-"

A tentacle shot out of the water and came crashing down on the sub. Julius leaped back, pulling out his knife as another limb broke the surface. It went towards Delilah, but she hopped to the side, stabbing her blade into it. A scream came from below, followed by more of Squire's deadly tentacles.

The three agents attacked the squid, but nothing seemed able to stop Squire. Their knives were barely hurting him, just making him mad. Julius looked at his flare gun. An idea was forming in his mind, but it meant ...

Delilah glanced at Julius. His expression was sad as it met hers. His eyes seemed to say, "I wish there was another way, but there isn't."

"I love you," he whispered.

Julius grabbed Delilah's flare gun and plunged into the water.

"NOOOOOOOOO!!"

Delilah tried to follow him, but a tentacle wrapped around her waist and lifted her off the sub. Nosey came to her rescue, but another limb struck him down, stunning him. The tentacle around Delilah squeezed. She took a sharp intake of breath. Squire was going to crush her!

---------------------------------------------------------

Beneath the surface, Julius dodged the still-submerged tentacles. He ducked and weaved, trying to keep his presence a secret. Then he spotted his goal - Squire's open mouth.

Julius closed his eyes as he swam inside. It was suicide, what he was doing. But he couldn't let Nosey and Delilah be killed by this monster. Julius took out his knife and stabbed it into the roof of Squire's mouth. The squid let out a deafening scream of pain.

But Julius wasn't finished.

He took out the two flare guns and placed them on either side of the knife. He closed his eyes, wishing there was some other way.

There wasn't.

He pulled the triggers.
Sign up to rate and review this story