Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Made To Break

The Meeting

by BackInReverse 0 reviews

After an incident that accorded five years ago, Naruto now has to get back on his feet and get a job. He starts working at Uchiha Corps as Sasuke's PA, who doesn't want him, while living in a run d...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Erotica,Humor,Romance - Characters: Naruto,Sasuke - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-05-28 - Updated: 2017-05-28 - 5749 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto as punishment for not updating sooner :(

The Meeting


It had been four days since Naruto started working at the Uchiha Corps. Four FUCKING days, and the bastard has never called him, nor texted him and it was driving the blond insane.

"Why hasn't he called me? Does he think I'm incapable of being a personal assistant?" Naruto exasperated. He took a gulp of his coffee and let the hot liquid warm his throat. "Ino," Naruto pointed to the blonde haired woman standing across from him, "I've basically been your PA for the past couple of days. Am I incapable of being a personal assistant?"

Ino shook her head. "No, not at all, though you could be faster at delivering my lunch," she teased.

"Okay besides that," Naruto admitted passively, "I make a damn good PA!"

Kiba chuckled and shook his head. "I find it so fucking hilarious how my Assistant Manager has her own assistant," he said to himself. Naruto shoved the brunet next to him with his elbow, playfully.

"Seriously, Dude, why hasn't he called me?" Naruto asked Kiba, his voice somewhat fearful.

Kiba shrugged. "The guy is an asshole. How am I supposed to understand his habits?"

Ino and Naruto both nodded in solemn agreement.

Silence stretched over the coffee lounge, apart from the sounds of people working outside the room.

"We should celebrate your first week here, Naruto!" Ino blurted out, randomly. Both guys were taken by surprised. Ino rolled her eyes at the two. "Oh, come on! It's not that bad of an idea," she mused.

"It's a fucking great idea, but that was pretty random. Even for you Ino," Kiba barked. Ino scoffed at the mutt. Naruto laughed at the two.

"Sounds like a plan! Though we should invite some more people, or else it's not a party." Naruto chuckled.

Kiba, you should invite Shino," Ino said. Kiba rubbed his chin as he thought.

"The guy fucking needs to get out more," Kiba thought out loud.

"I know this really great bar," Naruto chimed in. "It's called 'Jiraiya's' and I'm friends with the owner so we can all get in."

"'Jiraiya's'? I think I heard of the place…" Ino pondered quietly to herself. "Okay, I'm in!"

"Well I'm fucking in no matter what. It's been ages since I've gone out for a drink," Kiba exclaimed. They all shared a laugh then an awkward silence settled on the trio again. Naruto's mind wandered back to the bastard again.

"Should…" The blond paused unsure if he should continue the sentence. "Should I go up to his office?" Naruto asked, hesitantly. He looked at Ino then at his temporary boss. Both business people averted their gazes from the blond.

"Ugh, you guys are no help." Naruto groaned and chugged the rest of his coffee. He set the mug in the sink provided and headed back to Ino's desk, leaving the other two behind him. He plopped down on his chair that was beside Ino's and stared.

The office was humming with life with all the people working peacefully on their own. Naruto gave a shudder, recalling the IT Department on his first day. How anyone was able to get anything done in that kind of environment was beyond him.

Naruto took his phone out of his pocket. He should call the bastard. Right now. Right friggin' now.

His tan finger tapped Sasuke's contact and was hovering over the call icon.

"Riiiiight noooow," Naruto drawled staring intently at the screen.

Suddenly, without him touching the screen, his phone started ringing. "Shit!" Naruto shrieked and dropped his phone. Realizing the ringing was his own tune, he fumbled to slid the answer icon.

"Y-Yes?" Naruto's palms were sweaty from the sudden fright.

"So the loser knows how to run a phone. I'm impressed," Sasuke's cynical voice greeted the blond's ear.

Naruto's eyebrow twitched in annoyance. "And here I thought your rich ass didn't, bastard," he retaliated. "You could have called sooner."

"I have a meeting in five at the 40th floor conference room. Get your dumbass there, and on time." The line went dead. Naruto took the Mastermind 57 from his ear and found that the bastard had hung up on him.

Muttering curses under his breath, he shoved the phone into his slacks' pocket and grabbed his suit jacket. He slid the jacket on as he walked to the elevator. The blond paused only briefly to give Ino and Kiba a heads up of where he was going and headed for the 40th floor.

As always, Kakashi came into the elevator right behind him and read his book in his corner. The insouciant man did this everyday since Naruto started working at Uchiha Corps, but the blond didn't mind it. There was probably something mentally wrong with him. Why else would a man inform another of his whereabouts every single time he got out of an elevator?

The elevator stopped at floors 19, 30 and 38, and arrived at the 40th floor three minutes later. The group of people exited the elevator and Naruto was in the middle of the swarm. He nearly tripped twice and was impressed with how these people managed not to.

A hand grabbed his arm and Naruto let out a startle sound. He turned hastily around and found Kakashi holding onto him. "What are you…?" Naruto started but didn't finish. He thought it better not to ask an insane person of what they were doing. He may not like the answer.

"Trying not to lose you again," Kakashi responded swiftly. Naruto nodded slowly, not really understanding. "Sasuke's over there waiting for you." The man made a gesture and Naruto's cerulean eyes followed. Sure enough, the raven stood in front of the conference room, looking annoyed.

Naruto groaned and practically drug his feet towards the raven.

"Took you long enough, Moron," Sasuke sneered after glancing at his watch.

"It's not my fucking fault! People kept getting on and off the elevator!" Naruto argued loudly, making the raven wince.

"Whatever, Lame-Ass. Now get in here before they start the meeting without me." Sasuke walked into the room, and Naruto was about to follow when he was stopped once again.

"I'll be outside the conference room," Kakashi stated. Naruto gave a quick nod and followed his boss into the conference.

Men in suits surrounded the table and Naruto felt a strong sense of intimidation hit him like a ton of bricks. Each man in the room had a resemblance to each other and each of them had their own, what Naruto assumed to be, bodyguards.

"Welcome, Sasuke, have a seat," The older man at the head of the conference table addressed the blond's boss. Sasuke gave a nod and took a seat next to him on his left. Naruto walked behind him and stood there, since there was nowhere for him to sit.

The chairperson scanned the members. "It appears all are here except for-," The man was cut off by a ruckus at the door. A man that was definitely older than Naruto, but not as old as the man conducting the meeting, barged into the room.

The spiky raven haired man was a mess. He had papers scattered against his chest and he was panting from obvious recent exertion. The chairperson was not impressed.

"So glad you could join us, Obito," The head said in vexation. The spiky raven haired man gave a small laugh.

"I remembered the meeting was today, but my secretary misinterpreted the time," Obito defended himself pathetically with a shrug. Naruto watched as every member rolled their eyes.

"With no more interruptions," The chairperson eyed Obito as he sat down, "I call this meeting to order." Naruto eyed the clock in the back of the conference room, briefly wondering how long this was going to take.

"At the last meeting we discussed about expanding our company by merging with the second biggest company in Konoha. Sasuke Uchiha was left in charge of that." The man looked at Sasuke expectantly. Naruto's boss gave a quick nod.

"I spoke with the CEO of that company and they agreed to merge a small portion of their company with ours. Our next meeting will be later this month and I will have them give us a bigger portion of their company than they had originally offered," Sasuke said. Naruto eyed the back of the raven's head. His voice when he spoke was so velvety that it practically screamed that something was off. Either the raven was lying about getting a bigger segment of this "big" company, or he was simply just hiding something. Playing with the truth so to speak.

Naruto scolded himself mentally. He shouldn't be thinking things like this about his boss. He should just pay attention to the meeting and that's it!

The chairperson nodded and continued with the meeting. "Expansion is what makes a company successful. We've expanded our company all over Konoha, now we must spread out to other cities." The lights suddenly went off and startled Naruto.

A projector came on and shined right on the man at the head of the table. "Our first target is the city of Suna." An image of the nearby city came on the screen and the chairperson moved out of the way.

A tapping sound echoed through the room and Naruto realized that it was the man across from his boss. The long raven haired man had his hair pulled back in a loose ponytail and was rather aggressively tapping his pen on the table.

"Is there something bothering you, Itachi?" The chairperson asked. The long haired raven gave him an impassive gaze.

"Nothing at all," Itachi replied. Naruto winced slightly at the tone. His voice seemed dark and foreboding. The blond didn't like it. Suddenly the raven's cold gaze locked with his and Naruto stiffened. Itachi's eyes…

Ba-da-da-duh-dun!

Naruto let out a shout of surprise as he was brought back from his trance. "Be quiet, Idiot," Sasuke hissed under his breath and gabbed the blond behind him with his elbow.

"Bastard," Naruto lashed out in a mutter and kicked the chair Sasuke was sitting in.

Ba-da-da-duh-dun!

Multiple obsidian eyes scanned the room for the source of the annoying tune. "Excuse me," Itachi spoke swiftly as he revealed the object of everyone's hard gaze. "Hello?" The raven looked at nothing in particular as he answered his phone. A smile broke across his lips. "Girlfriend," Itachi announced to the members.

Chuckles erupted through the conference room. A sudden chill ran up Naruto's spine. He was definitely not expecting that kind of response from these all-business-no-horseshit type people. His cerulean eyes watched in startlement as Sasuke's posture unexpectedly went tense. Is the bastard...jealous?

"No I can't really talk right now, Hana. I'll speak with you at lunch how about? ...Uh-huh...Love you, too." Itachi hung up and quickly apologized for the interruption.

"Think nothing of it Itachi, we've all been there before...Well, most of us anyway." The chairperson eyed Sasuke.

"Tch." Sasuke averted his glare towards the center of the conference table. Naruto blinked with wide eyes. So he was right! Sasuke was jealous of Itachi! Naruto smirked and mentally gave himself a high five.

The head quickly cleared his throat. "As I was saying, we must expand our company. As of right now there is one major company in Suna." The image being projected suddenly changed to a logo Naruto easily recognized. "The Sunagakure Company is owned by the youngest CEO of the century, Gaara Kazekage." The logo vanished and was replaced by a picture of a red head. His green eyes were layered with thick black eyeliner and he had absolutely no eyebrows. He also had a tattoo on his face like Kiba did, but his was a symbol for love and it was on his forehead.

Naruto felt a pang in his heart as he looked at Gaara's photo. His eyes were exactly like his own, before he found out about Menma.

Lifeless.

"All in favor of Itachi Uchiha taking charge of this operation, please say, 'Aye'." The members all responded, including Sasuke.

"I'm sorry, but I must decline." Silence filled the room. "I'm planning on proposing to my girlfriend soon, and knowing her, she'd want me to help with the wedding plans so I will not be able to conduct such a task," Itachi said with a shrug.

Naruto was left confounded. Surely the Uchiha didn't expect such an excuse to actually-

"Understood." The head agreed and the men nodded their heads solemnly, except for Sasuke, who was glaring daggers at the other Uchiha.

It took all of Naruto's strength not to let out an outburst of rage. Never, in a million years, should that excuse have actually worked in a big time company as this one!

"In that case, All in favor of Sasuke Uchiha taking charge of making the contract with the Sunagakure Company, please say, 'Aye'." All members responded the same and Naruto could practically see the hatred radiating from his boss.

"That is all that needed to be discussed. Meeting adjourned." The head gave a bow and all the members stood and bowed respectfully back. As the men left, Sasuke stood up abruptly. Naruto took a startled step backwards.

"Uzumaki." Sasuke spoke his surname with such hostility, the blond quaked in fear.

"Y-Yes?" Naruto stuttered. Shit, his own voice was even quivering! The raven narrowed his eyes at him.

"My office." It was not a request.

"Okay." Naruto gave a quick nod and was about to follow Sasuke out of the room when he heard a another voice rumbled his name.

"Naruto Uzumaki," the chairperson called. Naruto paused and raised an eyebrow at the man. "A moment of time, please?"

"Sure." Naruto made sure his voice didn't reveal the terror he actually felt this time.

"Uzumaki." Sasuke's powerful voice felt like a ton of weights crashing down on him.

"I say 'Okay', bastard!" Naruto snapped at the raven at the door. Sasuke made an annoyed sound and left the conference room.

Naruto turned his gaze to the older man at the head of the table. The man looked him over before making a grunting sound and leaving the room. Naruto stood there, confused.

"What was that all about?" He muttered under his breath. Someone cleared his throat and Naruto looked up and jumped when he saw he wasn't the only one still in the conference room. Itachi smiled softly at him.

"You're Naruto Uzumaki, correct?" the raven asked. Naruto nodded his head, slowly, slightly confused. "I'm Itachi Uchiha, Sasuke's older brother." Itachi extended his hand to the blond and Naruto shook it.

"I didn't know Sasuke had a brother," he mumbled. Envy crept into Naruto's mind. He never had a sibling and was always jealous people who did. They were lucky to have someone to talk to.

"Then I assume you didn't know that was our father, Fugaku, who just left," Itachi said. Naruto blinked in astonishment.

"Really?" Naruto said, baffled.

"We have more of a resemblance to our mother. Sasuke more so," Itachi chuckled. Naruto grinned at the long haired raven. Itachi was a nice guy.

"I don't suppose you know why he called me over here, then if he didn't want to talk," Naruto Asked. Fugaku's action had peaked the blond's curiosity. Itachi shook his head.

"I think he just wanted to get a good look at you, but that's just my opinion." Itachi's obsidian eyes raked over the blond. "What are your ties to my brother?"

The question caught the blond off guard. "Eh?"

"My brother doesn't like people yet he came in here with you. Are you his new bodyguard?" Naruto felt a bubble of hysterical laughter rise in his throat.

"Me? A bodyguard? Nah, man, I'm just his personal assistant," Naruto laughed. Itachi gave him a strange look.

"Sasuke never wanted a PA before, why did he chose now?" Itachi asked the question to himself. "I leave my little brother in your care then," The raven gave a slight bow and smiled at the blond.

Naruto grinned back. "Leave Sasuke to me!"

Itachi took his leave, but paused at the door. The raven turned around and faced the blond. "Uzumaki, if you could get Sasuke away from his work, I'd greatly appreciate it. He hasn't gone out in a long time. He's going to watch his life go by him before he even realizes it."

Naruto looked stunned for a moment then his gaze softened. "Sure thing, Mr. Uchiha." Itachi smirked and left the room.

Naruto let out a relieved sigh he didn't realize he was holding. A warm feeling washed over his body and the blond smiled. So this is what it feels like to be loved by a sibling. The door reopened and Naruto jumped in startlement.

Itachi's head popped back into the room. "Hopefully isn't too much to ask, but if you can, please get Sasuke a girlfriend. He needs one."

And with that the raven disappeared. Naruto stared dumbstruck at the door. "Uh?!" The blond stood there staring, confused.

Shrugging off the strange comment a few minutes later, he recalled the demand in his boss's voice and left the conference room. Kakashi stood by the door, reading that book he always had with him. Naruto scoffed at the grey haired man.

"What's so great about that book, anyway?" Naruto inquired. Kakashi looked up at the blond with his one eye.

"It was written by the divine," Kakashi answered. Naruto shrugged and stood in the elevator, waiting for the grey haired man. As soon as Kakashi entered, the blond pressed the close doors button and up the went.

The steel doors opened with a ding and they exited the elevator on Sasuke's floor. Sakura looked up from her work and saw the blond. "You again? Weren't you here Monday?" she questioned.

"I'm Mr. Uchiha's new personal assistant, so you'll be seeing me around," Naruto supplied. Sakura frowned.

"Oh, I see," she pouted. Naruto eyed her reaction. She must really like the asshole to be upset that he got a PA and it wasn't her. "I'll let Sasuke know you are here." Naruto smiled reassuringly at her.

"Did you want to get a drink, later?" Naruto asked abruptly. The bubblegum haired woman gaped at him. Naruto panicked suddenly, his burst of courage gone.

"That's not what I meant! I mean, that's what meant, but not like that!" Naruto stammered. "I was thinking about going for a drink with a couple of friends from work since it's been a week since I started working here and you looked sad, so I thought maybe…" his voice trailed off.

Sakura smiled brightly at him. "I would love to...um, what was your name again?"

Naruto grinned his megawatt smile at her. "Naruto Uzumaki!"

"Around what time were you planning on going out?" she asked. Naruto pondered this for a while. He hadn't really thought about a time, yet.

"How does nine o'clock sound?" Naruto offered. Sakura nodded.

"Sounds good." She grabbed a stack of sticky notes from on her desk and quickly scribbled something down on one. She ripped one off and handed it to Naruto. The blond took it and hastily scanned the message. "My address so you can pick me up," Sakura clarified.

Naruto looked up and smiled at her. Sakura smiled affectionately at him and commed in Naruto's arrival. The blond waved to her and opened the door to Sasuke's office and entered.

"You're late." Sasuke snapped. Naruto looked over to the raven and found he was talking to another man. Sasuke's obsidian eyes looked the blond over at the door.

"I was held up," Naruto defended himself weakly. His eyes were locked on the man in front of Sasuke's desk. The guy was taller than him. He had short dark hair and a demonic aura to him.

"That'll be all," Sasuke dismissed the man in front of him and Naruto moved aside from the door to let him exit. He waited till he knew the man was out of earshot before asking about him.

"Who was that guy?" Naruto asked.

"Nobody that concerns you, moron," Sasuke sneered at the blond. Naruto's eyebrow twitched in annoyance.

"So? What did you need me for?" Naruto grumbled. Sasuke leaned back into his seat.

"As you heard at the meeting, I was elected to make a contract with the Sunagakure Company." Naruto nodded as he recalled the conversation. "I still haven't completed the first contract I was assigned so I need you to help with the making of this one. Ever done anything like this before?" Sasuke inquired with an eyebrow raised.

"Nope, but I'm willing to learn," Naruto announced. Sasuke made a grunt sound and opened a drawer in desk. The raven pulled out some papers and handed the blond the stack.

"Look over these, and tell me what can improved, then I'll decide if I want you talking to the Sunagakure Company's representative." Sasuke waited for the blond to leave, but the idiot just stood there reading the documents he just handed him.

"Moron, you can leave now," Sasuke growled. Naruto took the first sheet and slammed it down the his desk, startling the raven.

"This here needs to be changed so that we only have to check stocks every 2 weeks instead of 4, because that is way too long," Naruto pointed on the sheet, then moved his tan finger to another spot. "This needs to say 'prolonged absences will be notified by supervisors' not by 'superiors'," Naruto shifted his finger to the bottom of the page and pointed at the title of the heading. "This heading needs to be Surveillance Hours not Shift Hours, so someone briefly looking this over can understand what the hours are actually about."

Sasuke stared at the blond in awe. It hadn't even been five minutes and the loser was able to find all those things wrong that took him twenty minutes. Maybe he should have Naruto be his personal assistant instead of sending him down to Marketing all the time. He would get his work done a lot quicker that was for sure.

"He watched the blond scan the next page and quickly stopped him. "Dumbass, I don't need it right now. Just correct them and turn them back into me by the end of the day."

Cerulean eyes blinked at him. "Oh.." The blond sheepishly picked up the paper off his desk and left the raven's office. "Later then...bastard," Naruto said as he left the office.

He closed the door behind him and sighed loudly. Sakura and Kakashi looked up from what they were doing. "That scary, uh?" Sakura observed. Naruto narrowed his eyes at her.

"I'm not afraid of that bastard. He just...overwhelms me at times," Naruto defended himself. Both Sakura and Kakashi rolled their eyes at him. The blond scoffed at them and headed to the elevator with Kakashi on his heels.

"Nine o'clock!" Sakura called after them to remind the blond. Naruto turned around and smiled at her.

"See you then!" Naruto held up the sticky note to show he still had it as the doors closed. Sakura waved at him as the steel doors slid shut. Naruto grinned happily to himself in the elevator with Kakashi. He was going stop at the IT Department and ask Hinata if she wanted to come along with them. The more people the merrier, as the saying goes.

The elevator dinged and Naruto was once again bombarded with the deafening loudness of the IT Department. His cerulean eyes scanned the floor, but instead of finding Hinata he saw the man who directed him earlier that week to Ms. Mitarashi.

Naruto exited the elevator and walked up to the man who appeared to be taking a nap.

"Um, excuse me!" Naruto shouted over the ruckus. How the guy was able to sleep was beyond him. The man leaning back in his chair opened one eye.

"Can I help you?" he asked leisurely. Naruto smiled.

"A couple of my friends are getting together for a drink! I was wondering if you wanted to come with us, since you helped me out on Monday!" Naruto shouted. The man stared up at him then closed his eye.

"Sounds troublesome. Sure, I'll come." Naruto grinned at him.

"We'll be at 'Jiraiya's' at nine o'clock! My name's Naruto!" The blond extended his hand to the dark brunet.

The guy grunted and sat up straight. "Shikamaru Nara," he said as he shook the blond's hand.

"Nice to meet ya, Shika!" Naruto chimed. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw familiar long dark hair. "I'll see you then, Shikamaru, remember! 'Jiraiya's' at nine!" Naruto called as he chased down Hinata.

"Hinata!" Naruto yelled over the sound and caught the woman's attention.

"N-Naruto? What are y-you doing here?" she asked, flustered.

"I was wondering if you were busy later. A couple of coworkers are getting together for a drink at nine and wanted to know if you wanted to come?" Naruto asked. Hinata blushed immensely. "I understand it's short notice, but I would really like it if you came!" Naruto pleaded.

"S-Sure. I'd l-love to c-come!" Hinata stuttered. Her cheeks got impossibly redder and she clutched her stack of papers closer to her chest. That's when Naruto noticed how big her chest really was. Poor girl, Naruto thought sadly to himself. Her back must ache everyday.

"Does your back hurt?" Naruto asked abruptly. Hinata panicked at the random question.

"W-Wha-?"

"Sorry, that was rude of me. Never mind. We're going to a bar called 'Jiraiya's'. I'm friends with the owner so just mention my name and you'll be let in." Naruto waved and headed back to the elevator.

Hinata stood there, stunned. Naruto sure knew how to get a girl flustered. Everytime he spoke to her, her heart would hammer in her chest for now reason. "Could this be...love?" She wondered quietly to herself.

Arriving back on the Marketing Floor, Naruto quickly found Ino and Kiba and told them of his plans.

"Alright then. Naruto, you said nine o'clock?" Kiba asked the blond.

"Yep, and I've invited some more people too," Naruto grinned. Ino blinked in astonishment.

"Really? Who?" she asked.

"Sakura Haruno, Hinata Hyuuga and Shikamaru Nara." Kiba piped up at the mention of Hinata.

"Hinata Hyuuga is coming? Oh, I am so fucking in!" Kiba shouted. "I'm going to tell Shino the time, you guys think of anyone else to invite!" Dog Boy called as he left the group. Ino groaned quietly to herself.

"Shikamaru is fine, but why did you invite Sakura? That Giant-Forehead will be all over Sasuke tonight, I won't even get a word in with him," the blonde groaned. Naruto gave Ino a confused look.

"Sasuke and Sakura are dating?" he asked. Ino let out a chaste laugh.

"She wishes. Sakura is my competition with that hottie. We've both had eyes on him since we've started working here, but he's turned both of us down on flat on our asses." Ino let out an exaggerated sigh.

"I see," Naruto said thoughtfully. That makes sense now, why Sakura was so upset about Sasuke having Naruto as a PA. But he was still having a hard time wondering why Sasuke didn't have a girlfriend already. From the sounds of it, the raven was having women being thrown on him.

"Naruto, what are you going to Menma do while you're out? Surely you are going to have a babysitter over, right?" Ino asked.

Fuck….Naruto had forgotten about Menma. Normally, he'd just go out if he wanted to go drinking, but that was before Menma was even born. Come to think of it, he's never gone out since Menma was born!

"I'll see if I can get Tsunade to watch him while I'm out," Naruto said. Ino smiled at the blond. She could tell Naruto was still new to all this.

"If you don't mind me asking, Naruto, but how's Menma's mom?" Ino asked. Naruto stiffened. Ino gave him a weird look. "Everything okay, Naruto?"

"Y-Yeah, it's just no one's asked me that in a long while," Naruto responded. His voice was smooth, all most unnatural.

"You don't have to tell me-" Ino said rapidly, but Naruto cut her off.

"No it's fine. It's just that Menma's mom...she's gone…" Naruto's gaze was blank and Ino didn't ask any further questions.

"Gone?" Ino muttered under her breath to herself. Gone as in she left him? Or gone as in…

she died?

Naruto checked the time on the clock of the wall. It was nearing the end of the workday. He sat at Ino's desk with the papers Sasuke gave him all corrected. He should invite the bastard to come celebrate with them. After all, Itachi had made an effort to tell him about Sasuke's lacking social life, maybe if he comes he could find a nice girl while they're there.

"Or maybe the rich asshole will laugh in my face for even asking," Naruto muttered to himself.

He glanced up at the clock again. "Oh, screw this shit!" he groused himself. He got up and took the sheets with him to the elevator. He was going to ask the bastard out.

Naruto flinched inwardly on how that sounded. Kakashi stared at him weird as he entered the elevator. "Something wrong?"

"What? No, why?" Naruto asked, confused. Kakashi pointed at his face.

"You just made a face like you just the president naked," Kakashi stated. Naruto visualized what he was just told and made a disgusted face. "Yep, just like that."

"Ha. Ha. You're so funny," Naruto mocked as he pressed the button for the 43rd floor.

"I know, I'm fucking hilarious." Kakashi chuckled to himself. Naruto rolled his eyes at the older man. Sometimes he was glad Kakashi was always on the elevator with him. It gave him someone to talk to during the awkward ride up with the annoying elevator music.

The elevator stopped a couple of times and people came on and off when finally they reached the 43rd floor. Both Naruto and Kakashi got off and Naruto mentally laughed to himself. He found it funny how Kakashi had to act like casual about riding the elevator all the time by getting on and off with Naruto. If the man wanted to ride the elevator so much, he didn't have to wait for Naruto every time.

A sudden thought came to the blond. Maybe Kakashi was just lonely. Naruto frowned at the idea. He glanced behind him and saw the man leaning against the wall by the elevator, reading his book. It made sense that he could be lonely, but Naruto didn't like how that made him feel. Maybe he should invite Kakashi along too. After all, he's been seeing him everyday for the entire week. Why not?

Naruto stopped in his tracks and walked back to the grey haired man. Kakashi looked up from his book and eyed the blond. "I'm going for a drink later with some friends from work, you wanna come?" Naruto beamed.

Kakashi stared at him. He made a grunt of approval then went back to reading. Naruto grinned at him. "'Jiraiya's' at nine, we'll all be there!" Naruto called as he headed back to the raven's office. Sakura looked up and smiled at the blond and commed him in.

"Good luck," Sakura whispered, giving the blond a thumbs up. Naruto grinned back at her and entered the office. Cerulean eyes scanned the room and Naruto gaped at the site before him.

Sasuke sat at his desk with his raked through his raven hair. Naruto absentmindedly thought if his hair was as soft as Menma's. An evil aura radiated from the raven it made the blond want to creep back out of the office.

"What do you want?" Sasuke raged. Naruto bristled at the tone. He'd never heard Sasuke so angry.

"I've finished correcting the papers," Naruto mumbled quietly to himself. Sasuke's eyes shot to his and Naruto let out a squeak. His obsidian eyes clearly stated death if he said or did anything to upset the raven.

"Oh? Let me see," Sasuke seethed. Naruto trembled visibly. He did not want to walk over to the raven. In fact, he didn't think it was humanly possible. His instincts forbade him from moving any closer.

"Is something wrong, Mr. Uchiha?" Naruto asked sweetly, with sweat pouring out every pore on his body. Damn his hormones!

Sasuke glared at him. "What makes you say that?" the raven snapped. Naruto jumped at the tone.

"You just seem a bit a upset, is all," Naruto whispered, his voice failing him. Sasuke arched an eyebrow at him.

"Well maybe if I didn't have so much shit to do I wouldn't be so upset, neh? Naruto." Sasuke thundered. Naruto felt a shudder sweep through him. When the bastard said his name like that, it made him...tingly? Naruto shook his head from his thoughts. His mind couldn't go there, especially not now.

"I could help you get your work done, if you want, but…" Naruto's voice trailed off. Sasuke glared at the blond.

"But?" Sasuke snarled. Naruto swallowed the lump in his throat. This was his chance!

"But you have to go out with me!" Naruto shouted. Sasuke arched an eyebrow at him. Naruto's eyes widened when he realized what he said. "Not like that! A group of friends and I are going out for a drink later and I want you to come!" Naruto shouted hastily while blushing.

Shit! Now the bastard probably thinks I'm gay! Well...I guess I am, but he doesn't need to know that!

"Okay," Sasuke said, his voice calmer. Naruto blinked at him. Did he just…?

"Yes!' Naruto yelled in triumph.

"You have to help me finish my work, but then you are back down in the Marketing Department," Sasuke ordered. Naruto pondered the sentence then agreed.

"Okay. We are going to a bar called 'Jiraiya's'. Be there at nine o'clock," Naruto said as he placed the corrected papers on the raven's desk and left the office.

Sasuke sat at his desk watched the blond leave. "The moron sure does have a nice ass," Sasuke commented quietly to himself. He looked down at the sheets on his desk and quickly scanned the corrections. "Damn, Naruto is good at this," he muttered in awe.
Sign up to rate and review this story