Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Going Down To Hagrid's

Chapter 3

by ccollins1246 0 reviews

Ginny finally catches Harry on his own, but will he be able to talk to her? Read to find out! Remember to leave a "Y" in the comment box if you like the story, and an "N" if you didn't. Thank you!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Professor McGonagall,Ron - Published: 2017-06-21 - 559 words - Complete

-1Cliche
Ginny had been thinking about what she was going to say all day, and now was her chance. Hermione had agreed to take Ron to the library, so that Harry would be alone in the common room at promptly 7:30. Ginny walked out of her dormitory, and slowly descended the stairs. When she reached the bottom,she scanned the common room and found Harry sitting by a window, working on what appeared to be an essay. Ginny took a deep breath, then walked across the common room.

"Hey Harry." Ginny said, sitting across from him.

"Oh...Hey." Harry said, looking up. Ginny noticed that his face turned a slight shade of red, and he was biting his lip.

"I wanted to tell you so-" Ginny began, until Harry interrupted her.

"Listen, uh, Ginny, I have to...erm...go. A-appointment with, uh, Dumb- Dumbledore." Harry's face was now a shade of red that would have given Ron a run for his money.

"Oh." Ginny said. She could tell there was disappointment in her face"Well, I guess I'll be seeing you then."

"Right." Harry said, avoiding eye contact. He scrambled to pack his things, spilling ink all over his essay in the process. He swore under his breath as he hastily cleaned up the mess with his wand. All the while, Ginny sat there and watched him.

"Well...um, by then." Harry said with a goofy grin on his on his face, still as red as ever. Ginny watched him all the way through the portrait hole. Only when it had closed did she realize that she too was grinning.


----Next Day----

"How'd it go last night?" Hermione asked Ginny over breakfast the next morning.

"Well...I went and sat with him, but the second I started talking, he said he had to leave. Something about an appointment with Dumbledore."

"He wasn't lying. He really did have an appointment with Dumbledore." Hermione said assuringly.

"Oh...Well that's good. I thought he was just making up an excuse so he didn't have to talk to me." Ginny said, relieved.

"Here they come." Hermione said, looking at the entrance to the to the Great Hall, where Harry and Ron had just come in. "Why don't you try again." Hermione said, smiling at Ginny.

When the two boys had sat down, Ginny smiled at Harry, who spilled pumpkin juice all down his front. Ron burst out laughing.

"RON!" Hermione mouthed across the table, as Harry hastily tried to clean himself up. Ginny glanced at the staff table, where she could see Professor McGonagall shaking her head in amusement , as though she would very much like to march over and give Harry a lesson on how to talk to girls.

"Well, we should get going. Wouldn't want to be late for potions." Hermione said in an attempt to make the situation better, for she could not get Ron to stop laughing.

Harry and Ron stood and began walking towards the doors to the Great Hall. About half way to the door, Harry turned around, and Ginny thought she saw him wink at her. Ginny blushed, and out of the corner of her eye, Ginny could see McGonagall beaming.

☆MY goal is to get at least 10 comments of "Y" or "N". Once I have 10, I will post the next chapter, so get to commenting!☆
Sign up to rate and review this story