Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Sand Puppy (Gaara love story)

3

by RandytheSuperSalty 0 reviews

She only ever met him through a screen, her existence unknown to him. Then one day she wakes up in his world, it was like a fanfic with only one small problem. She wasn't human

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gaara - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2017-09-02 - Updated: 2017-09-02 - 755 words

0Unrated
   Time flew by surprisingly quickly, though it had only been several weeks since I found myself here I felt comfortable around the Sand Siblings. They discovered very early on that I don't eat dog food and I wouldn't eat out of a dog bowl. I'd met Baka-sensei, as I called him. He brought the name upon himself when he called me a 'good for nothing puppy.' For some reason the villagers are scared of me, probably because they associate me with Gaara. Also, I no longer like or dislike things I used to, I can't think of any explanation for this besides it being a dog thing.
   "Hazuki, we're leaving for Konoha." Temari says, catching my attention. I was excited to meet more people, especially Shikamaru. "We'll see you when we get back." She adds, closing the door. 
   "Wait, what?!" I bark, running up to the door in hopes she'll open it up and say something like 'just kidding, come on.' She didn't though and I stood there in complete surprise for a few minutes. If I didn't go I wouldn't get to meet Shikamaru or Sasuke, I would miss out on everything! With escape in mind I investigated the building, looking for an open window or a cracked door that leads to the outside, anything really. Unfortunately I don't find either of those, leaving me to come up with another escape plan. I'd just have to make someone open the door for me and quickly before it's too late to catch up with them. 
  "What was that?" A voice called from the hallway, likely from one of the many maids scattered around. She opened the door from which the sound came from, finding a vase shattered on the floor as I snuck out behind her. Hopefully that vase wasn't important.... Oh well, I'm free and that's all that currently matters. It was easy to escape after that, letting me outside in the still overwhelming heat. I walk easily out of the village, no one trying to stop me. I could see distant figures thankfully, the idea of tracking them down didn't excitement me in the least. 
   "Why did you have to leave me?" I growl, running as fast as I possibly could across the sandy ground. I didn't feel like I was getting any closer to them and it remained that way throughout the day, leaving me exhausted as the sun set. At least the sand was gone now, replaced with green grass that felt soft on my paws. 
​​​​​​   "I knew I saw you." Gaara's sudden appearance made me jump, amusing the red head. "It was stupid of you to follow us, but I expected it from you." He said, scooping me off the ground and carrying me to where his siblings and Baka-sensei had camp set up. 
   "Hazuki!" Temari yelled when she noticed me. "We wouldn't have left you alone if we knew you'd follow us...." She sighed, poking the weak fire in front of her. 
  "Yeah, we would have found you a babysitter. Actually we tried, but everyone refused." Kankurō complains, obviously knowing why they refused. I glanced up at Gaara, he wasn't as open around others as he was when we were alone but it wasn't hard to tell he knew the reason too. After all, I was mostly seen around Gaara, someone who people were terrified to even look at. 
   "I'll get you some food and water," Temari dared to pat me on the head before getting the stuff she said she would. At this moment I don't even care if I have to use a dog bowl. 
~~Later that evening~~
Gaara's pov. 
​​​​​   I sit away from the group, having released Hazuki so she could get what she needed. She was probably ready to sleep after traveling that distance, I'm impressed an animal of that size managed to do that. I look away from the fire, into the darkened woods as I observe the forest creatures. It surprises me to feel a light weight on my leg, looking at it to find Hazuki curled up halfway on and halfway off my lap. Though I didn't expect her to leave the warmth of the fire I don't hate the company, it's rather peaceful. I hesitantly place my hand on her back, staring into the darkness again and soon after hear her rhythmic breathing of sleep. I'm almost tempted to fall asleep too, but I know better than that and spend the whole night there as to not disturb Hazuki. 
Sign up to rate and review this story