Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Sand Puppy (Gaara love story)

4

by RandytheSuperSalty 0 reviews

She only ever met him through a screen, her existence unknown to him. Then one day she wakes up in his world, it was like a fanfic with only one small problem. She wasn't human

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gaara - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2017-09-02 - Updated: 2017-09-02 - 1249 words

0Unrated
   "Hazuki!" Gaara snapped, reaching once again for stick I held. "The whole point of this game is to give it back after I throw it." He growls, getting a grip on it and pulling it away. 
   "But it's mine!" I growl back, pulling it away from him. Unfortunately, with me being smaller, I barely got a few feet away before my paws couldn't feel the ground anymore. Gaara had stood up, pulling the stick and myself with him. We weren't far from the village now, but Gaara had decided to teach me to play fetch while we took a break. I already know how this game works, but I don't care. Actually, I felt a strange possessiveness over the stick and I didn't want to let it go. 
   "Give it!" Gaara says, attempting to shake me off the stick. We have a stare off for a few moments before I quickly look away, releasing the stick and dropping to the ground. "...good dog." 
   "Gaara! Hazuki, we're moving!" Baka-sensei calls, bringing both of us back to the worn path that we were following. Baka gave me a look, the same one he's been giving me since I first joined them on this journey. He really dislikes me. I bounce behind the team, the excitement of everything hitting me immediately when I remember I'm going to the leaf village. I'm doing something that shouldn't be possible, but it is somehow. I'm literally running circles around their feet, hoping to speed them up when in fact I'm slowing them down. Kankurō laughed as Temari stumbled over me, until his foot caught on a mostly buried rock and fell flat on his face. His laughter quickly turned to irritated grumbles as Gaara sweeps me off the ground and out of the way. 
   "Hello there! We're here from Suna to partake in the Chuunin exams." Baka-sensei says as he approaches the guards at the gate, awakening them from their nap. They were those well known guys from the anime, but I couldn't remember their names. No matter how hard I tried nothing came to mind as we were escorted to the Hokage's office. 
   "Come in." Baka-sensei slid the door open as soon as we were invited in, the old man himself sitting behind a desk in front of us. "Ahh, you must be the sand siblings. I've been expecting you to come one of these days." He says, waving his hand at a random ninja that happened to be in the room. That ninja sorted through a drawer for a moment before revealing strange objects that I could not see very well. "These are your passes, please keep them on you while walking around the village. 
   "Yes sir." Temari says respectfully, accepting the pass being handed to her. With a little bit of searching they managed to find a pin and fastened the pass on my collar, which was still just a Suna headband. We were dismissed to explore the village, my tail wagging nonstop despite how tired it was. Everything was so exciting, from the buildings to the people. There was so many things I wanted to do while here, but Gaara kept a firm hold on me whenever I tried to wriggle free. 
   "Be a good dog and maybe I'll buy you peaches." If I had one weakness it was peaches and Gaara knew that, I stopped moving around and instead settled for admiring everything. I mean, being held by Gaara wasn't so bad.... We eventually come across Kiba and Akamaru, the idea of being understood by someone for the first time in weeks gave me the energy to jump out of Gaara's arms and run at the puppy. "Hazuki!" He didn't really sound happy but he followed me anyways. 
   "Hi!" I barked at Akamaru, catching their attention. 

   "Aww, you're adorable!" Kiba says, ruffling my fur. "I'm Kiba and this is Akamaru."

   "Can you understand me...?" I ask, leaning forward a bit. 

   "Yeah, that is probably a bit strange huh?" Kiba grins, down at me. There was an awkward silence between us, I had so much to tell Gaara but no clue what to say to Kiba or Akamaru. Kiba looked up at Gaara as he approaches. "Is she yours?"

   "...." 

   "Uh, okay then."

   "Hazuki, let's go." 

   "Hazuki? I see, we'll see you around Hazu-chan!" Kiba says energetically, giving me a pat on the head. 

   "Bye," Akamaru barked out as the two made their way away from Gaara. 

   "I don't like them...." Gaara mutters, walking away as I trail behind him. 

   "It was kinda awkward, I need to improve my social skills...." I admit to myself, Gaara stares over his shoulder at me before turning to watch where he's going. 

   "Don't run off like that, you could get hurt...." 

   "Are you worried about me~" I tease, trotting by his feet in an annoying way that makes him stumble  a little. 

   "Hazuki!" Gaara grunted, picking me up from under his feet. "Sometimes I think you're doing that on purpose." He mutters as we continue walking. 

   "I do, oh it's Sasuke!" I bark, suddenly being set on the ground as Gaara teleports away. 

   "Aww! A dog," Naruto cooes once he sees me by Temari's feet. She glanced down at me curiously, probably wondering where Gaara is and why I'm alone. I notice Kankurō, who was beyond annoyed at this point, pull out his puppet. Karasu stood propped up in front of him, the white wrappings covering almost every inch of him. 

   "Kankurō, what if he sees?" Temari hisses, looking around for her youngest brother. Kankurō just brushed it off without care, he had walked all day and no one was going to get away with bumping into him. 

   "Kankurō," Gaara spoke as he made his appearance. 

   "They started it!" He protested half in fear, half in annoyance. 

   "Shut up or I'll kill you." Kankurō instantly closed his mouth, replacing Karasu on his back. 

   "Wait, you're from Suna...." Sakura starts, stopping us from walking away. 

   "Yeah? So?" Temari responds as I wiggle my way onto her shoulder. 

   "What are you doing here-?"

   "We're here to steal your Sasuke." I interrupt her with a playful growl. 

   "We're here for the chūnin exams." Temari replies, ignoring me despite how close I am to her ear. She shows them her pass.

   "Chūnin exams? What's that?" Naruto asks, narrowing his eyes. 

   "Seriously? Have you been living under a rock?" 

   "You have no idea...." I whine. 

   "The Chūnin exams are an exam to see if you qualify to become a Chūnin through various tests." Temari explains, quickly tiring of the leaf nin. 

   "Cool!" Naruto yelled excitedly and we turned out backs to them as we walked away, before once again being interrupted. 

   "Wait, what's your name." Sasuke calls and Temari turns around. 

   "Who? Me?" 

   "No, the one with the gourd on his back." Sasuke responds, directing his gaze at everyone's favourite red headed Pandacoon thing.... 

   "Sabaku no Gaara, I am also interested in you." Gaara replies, it would have been polite if they didn't look ready to murder each other. 

   "Uchiha Sasuke," he says they hold a stare off which Naruto breaks. 

   "Hey, hey! I bet you're dying to know my name!" 

   "I couldn't care less." Gaara says and we finally depart. I notice Temari looks a little disappointed at Sasuke not being interested in her so I do something I wouldn't normally do. I give her a puppy kiss. 

   "Don't worry Temari, you can do better!" 
Sign up to rate and review this story