Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Sand Puppy (Gaara love story)

8

by RandytheSuperSalty 0 reviews

She only ever met him through a screen, her existence unknown to him. Then one day she wakes up in his world, it was like a fanfic with only one small problem. She wasn't human

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gaara - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2017-09-02 - Updated: 2017-09-02 - 748 words

0Unrated
        I role around on the bed uncomfortably, sure we weren't sleeping outside like most of the other teams but this was boring. "Stop moving so much Hazuki, I'm trying to sleep." Gaara groaned as my tail hit his face.

        "Don't lie, you know you can't sleep Gaara." I whine, stealing his pillow and dragging it to the floor with me. 

        "You know you're annoying right?" Gaara asks, peering over the side of the bed as I curl up on the mini-bed. 

        "Shhh, I'm sleeping." Gaara moves to the floor, dragging the blanket with him. 

        "Scoot over." He doesn't wait for me to do this myself, instead brushing me over with his hand and flopping onto the pillow. "Goodnight." 

        "....goodnight." I respond and try to sleep, even if his hair tickles my nose every time I breathe. 

~~~*~

        Our group of four sat in the cafeteria like room, different types of food piled high and ready to eat. We had our food already, well they did. The adults keeping order in the room had been especially kind and got dog food for me. Dog food, and Kankurō actually expected me to eat it. "Are you being ungrateful Hazuki?" He teased, eating some real food. 

        "Kankurō," Gaara warned, shutting him up quickly. The red head offered some scraps of food to me under the table, whether he didn't want anyone to see him caring about a 'simple pet' or if there was another reason I didn't know. At least it as real food, no some dry pebbly stuff made for dogs. 

        "I wonder if Akamaru eats that stuff." I think outloud, assuming no one can understand me. 

        "Eats what stuff?" Kiba asks from behind me, causing me to jump out of my skin. He was seated in the table directly behind Gaara, Shino, and Hinata still getting themselves some food. 

        "Dog food, does he eat it?" I ask, jumping up beside the two. I notice Gaara shift slightly in his seat to keep an eye on me. 

        "Not that kind, I don't trust what they put in dog food. So we make our own." Kiba says, sending a disgusted look toward the bowl on the floor. I completely understand what he means. 

        "Who is this?" Hinata asks, sitting across from Kiba. She looks completely normal now compared to the blushing mess she is in the anime. 

        "Hazuki, she's their dog." Kiba points his thumb in the direction of Temari and Kankurō, surprised to find Gaara had moved to their table and was staring daggers at team 8. "And this guys, but he doesn't talk much." 

        "No, she's mine. Not theirs." Gaara speaks up, to everyone's surprise. Temari and Kankurō glance over in surprise, apparently this information was news to them. It was news to me, but not bad news. "Come on Hazuki, we're done here." 

        "But I'm still hungry." I whine, following Gaara out of the room with one last look at Kiba and Akamaru. After I've left the room Shino turns to Kiba. 

        "What's up with Akamaru? He's being.... shy." 

        "I think he likes the new girl," Kiba laughs as he teases his dog. Akamaru growls weakly, burying his face in his food. Gaara stopped briefly for me to catch up, walking mindlessly around for hours. 

        "Wait a minute, what if I hadn't come looking for you. Would I be all alone in that apartment? Who would feed me?" Gaara glanced back at me, obviously not understanding my rambling. "Would Baki? Because I think you're more likely to come home to a dead Hazuki." 

        "Do I even want to understand you?" 

        "Probably not, I talk a lot when I'm hungry." I tell him, keeping pace by his feet. He stops in front of his room, ducking in with me on his heels. 

        "I wonder if this is a mistake, coming here. Bringing you." Gaara mutters, stretching out on his stripped bed. "You could get injured here, you'd be safer in Suna. Away from all these strange people, but you're here. I guess there's nothing I can do about that, but tomorrow I promise to get you a cookie." 

       "Sounds good to me." I tell him, jumping onto the bed and forcing my way into his arms. 

        "Where are my blankets?"

        "On the floor." I answer him, not wanting to move. I point this out to him with the half-hearted growl I give him when he goes to retrieve them. 

        "I suppose we can stay like this for awhile, but only awhile."
Sign up to rate and review this story