Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Sand Puppy (Gaara love story)

9

by RandytheSuperSalty 0 reviews

She only ever met him through a screen, her existence unknown to him. Then one day she wakes up in his world, it was like a fanfic with only one small problem. She wasn't human

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gaara - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2017-09-02 - Updated: 2017-09-02 - 778 words

0Unrated
        It was a brand new day and by that I mean that we were finally able to move on with the exams, well they were. Rather than letting me stay and watch the fights, Gaara had handed me to Baki with the command 'don't let her out of your sight.' I wasn't happy, Baki wasn't happy, and Gaara didn't seem all that thrilled to watch me leave either. What did they expect me to do all day with Baki anyways? I tried playing hide and seek but that just ended up in him buying a leash 'just in case.' It was quiet today, I assume everyone was watching the preliminary exams. 

        "I have things I need to do, as long as Gaara doesn't see you without me then you're free to go." Baki says, "in other words. Do not, under any circumstance, go back to the preliminary exams. Do you understand me?" 

        "What if Gaara's watching us right now? Is this a test?" He took my barking as agreement to his plan and disappeared, leaving me to entertain myself somehow. I sigh, walking around the village with no objective, hoping to stumble upon something to do. Maybe I could visit all the injured contestants, like Sasuke! I mean, it's not technically breaking Baki's rule right? Probably is, I just won't get caught! Turning around sharply I head back the way we just came, picking up the pace to duck behind a trash can just as Baki walking around a corner. He glanced suspiciously before continuing along his way like before, the only difference was I was following behind him from a distance. He is such a strange guy, does he even have a reason for hating me? 

        "I can see you." Baki stops, looking back with an unimpressed expression.

        "I wasn't trying to hide baka," I reply with an attempt to match his face. 

        "I half expected you to run back to Gaara, yet here you are...." 

        "I was actually going that way right now, care to join me?" I walk past him, leaning a little bit out of my way to bump into him as I pass by. He stepped back as he watched, annoyance on his face. 

        "You're really annoying, why Gaara hasn't killed you yet is beyond me."

        "Harsh!" I barked at him, even though he has a point. Another question that weighed on my mind, 'why did the Kazekage allow me to stick around?' Doesn't he know dog is man's best friend?

        "Where are you going?" The roles have reversed, now I have a nuisance on my tail. I look back at him before dashing down an alley, though caught by surprise he follows. I duck under a food stand on the side of the street and through another alley. "Why are you doing this?"

        "Why are you following me? I know I invited you along but you were supposed say no!" 

        "If you can understand me then are you actually answering my questions?" 

        "No, I'm just barking random nonsense in hopes you'll talk more because I love hearing your voice." I whine sarcastically, apparently he got the sarcasm, even with out language barrier, as he glared quietly at me. 

        "Okay, so you do understand me. Let's start with yes or no questions, just nod or shake your head." He pulls out a notebook, flipping it open. What is he doing? "Did you have a previous owner?" No. "Do you have siblings?" No. The questions went on and on, it was like an interrogation of random questions. I answered them as honestly as I could, despite how weird they got. "One more question, are you really a dog?" 

        "Hazuki!" Temari's voice caught my attention, I had no time to answer Baki's odd question. 

        "Temari! Help, Baki is on to me!" I run up to her, "where's Gaara?" I look around for the red head. "Wait, why are you here? Has it really been that long?" 

        "Come on Hazuki, this is just a clone. I'm really back at the exams, Gaara is getting kinda antsy so I thought you should come back and help him calm down." The clone explains as she scoops me into her arms, Baki watching from afar. "I think you make Gaara a better person, we should have gotten him a dog earlier!" 

        "I'm the only dog for Gaara." I whine, being replaced was not something I wanted to happen. No, I'm not jealous. I have nothing to be jealous about.... I just don't like the idea!

        "We should go for walks more often, girl talk. Even though you can't talk...." 

        "Why don't you try barking at me?" 
Sign up to rate and review this story