Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Gems and things

Chapter 5

by NerdHerd 0 reviews

The gang go on a mission with minor difficulties to a human police station.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2017-10-09 - 904 words - Complete

0Unrated
Everyone gasped. Except for Armin.

I talked to Armin and got to know him a little better. We sat and talked for what seemed like hours, until it was time for the mission.

At around 7:00 p.m., while we were eating, Raven came over to us.
“Armin, I have the blueprints for the Police Station. I was thinking, since the Electrum is hidden on the second floor, we could sneak in through the vents. Would this work?” Raven explained, spreading out the prints.
“It depends on how large the vents are. If they found fit The animals, they could fit all of us,”
“They aren’t coming on this mission,”
“They aren’t? How come?” I asked.
“They would look too out of place. Giant animal robots walking around a populated area would not be appreciated,” answered Raven.
“Seems reasonable,”
“Then yes, I have no problem with it. My ankle is getting better, so I could come help, too,”
“Great, we’ll need it. Obsidian, are you okay on going with this mission with your injuries?”
“Injuries? Oh, um. When we are injured, we retreat to our gems so we can recover,”
“So, you’ll be fine?”
“Yes,”
Perfect. I will gather up everyone for the mission,”

When we were all there, we were shifting nervously. We knew how hostile humans could be, we’ve seen their bad side.
“Is everyone ready?” Raven called, holding up her teleporter.
We all nodded, and in a flash of light, we all disappeared to another realm.

We reappeared in a small crowded alleyway behind the police station. It was tall, and, just like the blueprints said, the vent was right in front of us.

“Amethyst, can you get rid of the vent cover, and crawl in first to create a distraction?” Raven asked.
“Uh, yeah I guess,”
She swiftly tore off the vent cover, tossed it away and climbed in.
“What do I do to distract people?”
“I don’t know.. scream or make sounds or something. Confuse them,”
“This will be easy,”

We waited for Amethyst to cause a distraction, and cause a distraction she did.

She came rushing out of the vent, looking scared.
“Amethyst, what is it?” Pearl interrogated.
“They have non-lethal weapons,”
“Non-lethal? Doesn’t seem bad.”
“And they spotted me,”

Sure enough, we heard footsteps coming from around the building. We all crawled into the vent, put the cover back on, and waited.

Two men came around the corner, with tazers in hand.
One man spoke into a radio.
“We have lost sight of the suspect. We will steak here until we spot them,”
Amethyst breathed a sigh of relief, and slumped down in the vent. She hit her head, and it made a loud echoing sound.

“What was that?” A guard asked.
“Sounded like it came from the vent. Let’s check it out,”

When we heard this, we scrambled up the vent, causing more bumps and echoes.

“Hey! Stop right there! We will use forces against you!”
At this point, I had an idea. I shifted into a cat, and walked up to them.
“Aww. It’s just a cat,”
One of them lifted me up.
“Hello kitty,”
He started to pet me.
“What’s this on your back?” He asked, feeling my gem.

Out of panic, I shifted back into my original form. We stared at each other for a second, while he was still holding me, and then we screamed. He dropped me, and I scrambled to the vent.

I went through the vent, and caught up with everyone.
The men came after us, and drew their guns.
“Their’s more of them! Hurry up, Jerry!” One of them called.

As we crawled, we heard a bang. Something whizzed past my face, and stuck into the vent wall. It was too dark too see, but I knew we needed to go faster.

We came to a stop, and another bang was heard. Armin cried out in pain, as a dart his his shoulder. He gripped it, and tried to pull it out.
“I hit one, Jerry! I hit one!”

We finally made it to the end of the vent, and we hopped out. We were in a room with a small gray safe in it.
Armin was still struggling to tug the dart out of his shoulder when the men burst through the vent.

“We got you now!” Jerry said, aiming the gun at me. He talked into his radio. “Requesting back up on floor two, room 608.

Amethyst, Pearl, and I pulled out our weapons.
“Stand down! I will shoot! I will!”
But we didn’t stand down, and that was a mistake.
We took a step closer to them, and Raven used her telekinesis to open the safe, while the men were focused on us.

A man shot at us, and it hit me in the leg. I cried out, and fell to one knee.
I struggled to stand back up, and a man noticed Raven and the safe.

“Put the liquid back!” The officer commanded.
She pulled out the teleporter, and was about to click the button, when Jerry yelled, “GRENADE!”
He mistook the teleporter for a grenade, and shot his gun wildly. One hit Raven, another hit Armin, and a third hit Pearl in the chest.
Just as the backup burst through the door, we teleported back to the base in a flash of light.
Sign up to rate and review this story