Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Remember

Chapter 17

by LOVELA 0 reviews

I remember when we were lost in innocence and then innocence was lost.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-09-28 - Updated: 2006-09-29 - 1727 words

0Unrated
I remember when HE came into our lives...

I woke up the next morning and saw Pete lying there with a content smile on his face. I smiled slightly and got out of bed. I pulled on my pajama bottoms and a tank top and went into the bathroom. I lightly gasped when I saw the marks on my shoulders. I put a hand up to my mouth in shock. I couldn't believe that he had grabbed me that hard. I then noticed the black mark around my wrist. I was in shock.

"Izzy? You ok?" I heard Pete on the other side of the door. I panicked. I didn't want to have Pete see the marks.

"Yeah, just a second!" I yelled opening my hamper and pulling out a long-sleeved shirt and whipping it on.

I opened the door and forced a smile at Pete.

"What are you doing?" he asked laughing slightly.

"Nothing. What are you doing?" I asked back.

"I kind of need to use the bathroom," he blushed and looked down.

"Oh, of course," I said getting out of his way.

"Are you sure you are ok?" he asked looking at me suspiciously.

I smiled at the look on his face. He was so adorable. Especially clad in jeans and no t-shirt.

I walked up to him and placed a kiss on his lips.

"I am fine," I said and walked back into my room.

I changed into a clean long-sleeved shirt and laid back down into bed. Pete came back in a laid down next to me.

"What are your plans for today?" he asked facing me.

"I dunno. Cleaning, I guess. My mom comes home tomorrow," I said quietly. "What about you?" I asked.

"Band practice. Wanna come?" he asked rubbing his hand up and down my arm.

"Yeah, that sounds like fun," I smiled and leaned in to kiss him.

--------------------------
I slowly walked up to Andy's when I noticed that there was no playing but only talking. Loud talking. Andy had the garage door open and I noticed Pete was pacing back and forth. I almost turned around when he spotted me.

"Hey Izzy," he said angrily.

"What's going on guys? Where's Joe?? I asked sitting down on the couch.

"That's what I would like to fucking know!" Pete said setting his bass down.

"Maybe his parents found out about his party and grounded him for life," Andy joked from behind his drums.

"I dunno. He could have at least called," Pete said sitting down next to me and putting a protective arm around me.

"He is probably still cleaning the house. That place was trashed," I said leaning against Pete. He smiled down at me than grabbed my arm looking at my wrist.

"Where did you get these?" he asked looking at the 15 blue plastic bangles that I put on in order to cover the bruise.

"Oh, Hot Topic. They glow in the dark," I said looking up at him.

"Oh really," he said and kissed me. "I can't wait to see that."

"Um, hi. Still in the room," Andy said standing up from his drums. I just laughed and Pete rolled his eyes.

"Hey boys," I heard from the open door. I almost choked on my gum when I saw Carrie standing there.

"Carrie. How are you?" Andy asked walking over to her.

"Good. I saw you guys had the door open. I just wanted to check out what was going on," she said coming in and sitting down on the couch across from Pete and myself.

Pete sat up straight and removed his arm from around me. I looked over at him shocked.

"What have you been up to lately?" Pete asked leaning forward. I just burned a hole in the back of his head.

"Oh, nothing much. You?" she asked back.

"Nothing," he said simply.

I noticed them stare at each other silently. What the hell was I seeing?

"Guys!" Joe came running into the garage breaking Carrie and Pete out of their gaze at each other.

"Joe, where the hell have you been?" Andy asked.

"The record store. You aren't going to believe it you guys," he said out of breath.

"Joe, slow down. Just tell us," Pete said casually.

"I ran into this kid and we started talking and I think he might be perfect for our band," Joe said excitedly.

"Yeah? He can play?" Andy asked twirling his drumsticks.

"He can pretty much play anything. This kid rocks," Joe said excited and sat down on the couch next to Carrie. He did a huge double take.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he asked bluntly.

I laughed slightly at his reaction. Carrie shot me a death glare.

"I'm just here to say hi. That's ok isn't it?" she asked looking back at Pete.

"Sure," Joe said simply but sounding sarcastic and looked over at me. I just rolled my eyes.

"We should practice," Andy said standing up from his chair.

"I'm gonna go," I said standing up. Pete looked over at me shocked.

"Why?" he asked standing up with me. I just glared at him and started to walk away.

"Izzy," he said following me out the door.

I turned the corner, so no one would hear us.

"What the fuck, Pete?" I asked in a loud whisper.

"What?" he asked sounding innocent.

"What is going on with Carrie? Why is she all of a sudden hanging around us?" I asked trying to stay quiet.

"I dunno," he said sounding angry.

"Oh cut the bullshit Pete," I said to him staring directly into his eyes.

"It's not bullshit! I don't know why she is here," he pleaded with my eyes to believe him.

"What was with the glances at each other? Huh?" I asked not backing away from him.

"Izzy, stop. You are jealous over nothing, ok? Nothing is going on between Carrie and me," Pete said quietly. His features turned to stone and he showed no emotion.

"Now go home, and we will talk about this later," he said simply. I backed away slightly.

"Don't bother," I said and turned to leave. Pete grabbed my arm and flung me against the garage wall. I gasped in with fear.

"Listen to me. Nothing is going on with me and Carrie. Got it?" he asked with his face inches away from mine. His hand had a tight grip on my jaw so I couldn't look away from him.

I just nodded slightly and he walked back into the garage. I started to walk home. My breath would hitch in my throat every now and then. I didn't notice right away, but I had tears streaming down my face. I could still feel Pete's hands on my jaw.

-----------------------

When I got home I went straight to bed. I didn't want to think or cry anymore. It was dark when I heard the door downstairs open. I opened my eyes slightly and noticed it was almost ten o'clock. I just closed my eyes again and hoped that he would leave.

"Babe?" he asked at the door to my bedroom.

I didn't move. I could smell smoke and alcohol on him from my bed. I heard him walk more into the room and then I felt my bed move signaling that he was sitting next to me.

"Izzy?" he whispered rubbing my back.

I turned onto my back and looked up at him. I could only see his silhouette being that it was still dark. I heard him take a deep breath. I leaned over and turned my lamp on. Both of us squinted at the light now illuminating the room.

I just lay on my back and stared up at him. I didn't speak. I didn't want to speak.

"Hey," he said quietly. I just stared.

"I'm sorry about earlier today," he started.

"You've been drinking," I said ignoring what he had said.

"Yeah. Joe and I went to his house after practice," he said coughing slightly.

"Was she there?" I asked. Pete took a deep breath.

"Izzy, damn it. What do I have to do to prove to you that there is nothing going on between us?" he asked rubbing his hands through his hair in frustration.

"I don't know, Pete. Maybe not do long glances at her or maybe making me feel as though I do exist when she is around," I said sitting up in bed now.

"What the hell was that today?" I asked once I didn't get an answer or eye contact from him.

"I don't know," he said quietly looking down.

"And then there was outside the garage. Jesus Pete. You scared me," I said getting more upset about the whole day's events.

"I know. I am so sorry," he said grabbing my hands. "I don't know what had gotten into me. It's just...Carrie and I have been friends for a long time, and she kind of brings back good and bad memories for me, you know? So when she came around today, I was just thinking back. I can't erase those thoughts. And the fact that you got pissed about it and were ready to dump my ass, I guess I just freaked out. I don't want to loose you for something I can't control like my past with her," he gushed his feelings out onto the bed between us.

I was speechless at first. I didn't know what to react to first.

"Pete. I'm not going to dump you on your ass," I said and grabbed his hand.

He was shaking and I suddenly felt really bad about everything. I deserved to be pushed. He was right, he can't control his past.

"Today was the first day that I actually felt like I was going to loose you," he said as a tear escaped his eye.

"God, Pete. I'm sorry. I never meant for you to feel that way. You are right. You can't clear your past. I'm just going to have to deal with the fact that you and Carrie have one," I said as I put my hand on his cheek to wipe the single tear away.

"I love you, Izzy," he said smiling slightly.

"I love you too, Pete," I said and hugged him tightly. I felt so at home in his arms.
Sign up to rate and review this story