Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Revenge of the Giant

Plans

by Thiaf 2 reviews

Chapter preview: "Tell me what's wrong Persephone." "What's wrong with Persephone?" Jay asked. He was accompanied by the rest of the six descendants. "He's gone," Persephone managed to say be...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-10-05 - Updated: 2006-10-05 - 945 words

1Original
Disclaimer: I don't own Class of the Titans, or the Greek deities.

Just so you know, this is strictly Archie/Atlanta, not that I have anything against Jay/Theresa, it's just for the simple reason that I don't want to write any of that.

A/N: The bronze jar that's being used in this story is not the same one Otus and his brother used in the myth. This is a completely different one that Cronus created for Otus. If you're wondering how: He's a god.

lllll-it means time has past.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revenge of the Giant

Plans

Archie knew it-today would be the day. He would finally have the courage to ask Atlanta out. Nothing would stop him today. It was a sunny Saturday afternoon in New Olympia and it seemed unlikely for Cronus with another one of his plots since it had been almost a week since his last one. Archie watched Atlanta. She was training with Theresa, as usual and Archie was waiting for the right moment to ask her.

The others, Jay, Odie, Herry and Neil, were doing their own things. Jay was reading the paper for any suspicious activity that may involve Cronus. Odie was...somewhere else, probably playing video games. Herry was weight lifting, and Neil was weight lifting alone, with a mirror in front of him so he could admire himself. Typical.

"Hey Arch, come and train with us," Atlanta called to him.

"Uh, no, that's alright," Archie replied to her.

"Okay," Atlanta said back. "Is Archie alright today?" She whispered to Theresa. "He's been acting weird lately."

"I'm sure it's just a phase," Theresa reassured her. "You know, boys are weird," the truth was that Theresa knew the real reason. Archie had feelings for Atlanta. It was obvious, the times where Archie nearly slipped in front of everyone countless times, where he was occasionally rude to her -was his own way of hiding his feelings for her. The only thing stopping a relationship between them was Atlanta herself who was completely oblivious to it.

Atlanta nodded at Theresa's answer.

"Um, Atlanta?" Archie said nervously. He tried to stop himself from shaking and Atlanta didn't seem to notice it.

"Yeah?" Atlanta asked, completely oblivious to his nervousness.

"Um, I was wondering- I wanted to know if-"

"HERA!" It was a scream from a goddess, so loud that it stopped all activity on New Olympia.

"What was that?" Herry wondered.

"I think it was Miss Persephone," Theresa said. "Let's go to Hera's chamber, she might be there."

They all started heading towards Hera's chamber, except for Archie who still wanted to ask Atlanta.

"Atlanta-"

Atlanta turned back to him and spoke, "save it for later Archie."

Archie sighed.

"Yeah, later," he mumbled to himself and caught up with the rest of the group.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Persephone ran to Hera crying.

"Persephone, what's wrong?"

Persephone continued to cry and Hera made the other goddess sit on a chair while Hera tried to comfort her.

"Tell me what's wrong Persephone."

"What's wrong with Persephone?" Jay asked. He was accompanied by the rest of the six descendants.

"He's gone," Persephone managed to say between tears. "Cronus took him."

"Took who?" Hera asked.

"Hades!"

"Hades?" Hera and the rest of the descendants wondered.

"And-Otus."

"Otus?" Artemis wondered, who was just behind the young heroes, accompanied by the other gods and goddesses, wondering about the commotion.

"Who's Otus?" Herry wondered.

"Otus was a giant who wanted to marry Artemis," Jay started. "He even stormed Mount Olympus once with his twin brother and captured Ares in a bronze jar. But Artemis tricked them into throwing their spears at each other and killing the other."

"Why would Cronus want Otus?" Atlanta wondered.

"Probably because of his invincibility," Chiron said.

"Really?" Theresa wondered.

"Yes, a prophecy long ago told that Otus and his twin brother couldn't be killed by mortal or god."

"Chiron, I want you to organize a search, Ares, guard New Olympia with some of the other gods and goddesses. Jay, and the rest of you, it's too dangerous to be here, so I want you to return to your home. As for me, I'll go down to Hades and take it over for now," Hera commanded.

lllll

In Hades...

Hades yelled as loud as he could. No use, the bronze jar he was trapped in was completely sound proof. He saw his father, Cronus, talking to Otus. Hades listened closely.

"We strike at night going to New Olympia, and we will get there by going through Persephone's passageway from Hades to New Olympia," Cronus said.

"Persephone!" Hades' wife would be in danger. Hades banged his fists on the glass jar. "Don't you dare hurt my wife!"

Outside the jar, Cronus and Otus heard nothing.

Otus was getting impatient.

"No god or mortal can kill me, so why should I worry? I just want my revenge on Artemis through her descendent-"

"We will lie low for now in the Underworld," Cronus interrupted. "I doubt any of the gods or goddesses will think of searching the Underworld for us, since they'd be so afraid and waiting for a battle outside of New Olympia."

"Fine, I will listen to you...for now, but don't think I will be as lenient as I am now."

Cronus narrowed his eyes. This one was going to be hard to control, but then he remembered that he had given Otus flesh, a living breathing body. Cronus gave a small mischievous grin. Otus thought he was going to have his way, but what he forgot was that he was being used by him.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know, a little boring, but the third chapter will be very satisfying!
Sign up to rate and review this story