Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > Signs Of Power

Test Of The Titans

by shasta 0 reviews

Chapter 3 of 4

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Beast Boy, Raven, Robin - Published: 2006-10-05 - Updated: 2006-10-05 - 643 words

0Unrated
Jesse had gotten up at about 6:30 the next morning to get herself ready for her mother's test. By 10:00 O' clock she had had a shower, gotten dressed, and eaten breakfast. She meditated until 11:45, she then made her way to the roof where she saw Raven, Nightwing, and Beast sitting and waiting for her.
As they saw her coming they all stood up. "Hey Jesse, we talked it over and we think your ready to join the Titans." Nightwing said warmly.

"What about the 'final stage of my training'?" Jesse asked sarcastically.
Just then the girl's parents came forward "You have to duel us two on one using everything you've learned." Raven said calmly "If you defeat both of us we will let you join the Titans." Beast began "Just one condition, we won't hold back, and neither will you." Beast said sincerely.
"Bring it on you guys." Jesse said boldly. "I'm going to count down from three and on 'Go' the duel will start." Nightwing began "Three, two, one...Titans Go!" he shouted.

All at once Raven started to shoot dark energy at Jesse and just as she turned into a humming bird to evade the attack, Beast came at her as a pelican and captured her in the pouch of his mouth. He then felt the tiny bird peck at the inside of his mouth and instantly released her, just as she flew over beast's head she transformed instantly into a dragon and landed right on top of him, breaking his leg.

With only Raven to defeat she transformed back to her human form, she then shot a burst of her grey energy at her mother. Who in response, surrounded herself in a protective dark energy dome. 'You will find I am a much tougher opponent than you're father.' Raven telepathically told Jesse darkly. Jesse then levitated into the air directly above the black bubble, her body now surrounded by grey flame. Beast saw this, and crawled away quickly over to Nightwing. Who was watching in awe as the teen began to focus all of her energy into her hands. She then screamed at Raven telepathically 'See if you can manage this!' she let loose a beam of energy that must have been 12 feet in diameter.

It was so powerful that the whole tower started to shake violently, and the surrounding ocean began to ripple as if a meteor had struck it! After about two minutes of this, Jesse seemingly began to feel drained and stopped her attack. Raven on the other hand didn't look tired at all, but just as Raven let down her energy dome, Jesse then quickly shot a beam of grey at Raven before she could react quick enough to dodge it. Hitting her directly in the chest and knocking her off her feet.

"Feeling tired yet?" Jesse asked playfully with a smirk. "Yes, but that's never stopped me before." Raven said seriously. Raven then levitated into the air and conjured a hand of black energy, taking Jesse quickly in it's grasp and began squeezing.

"Give up yet?" Raven asked plainly. Jesse released a grey burst of energy that made the energy hand release her. She then let loose a burst of grey (what looked like starbolts). Not able to dodge all of them, Raven got hit twice in the chest and once in the knee. She then slowly fell to the roof in defeat. "How...how could you... possibly defeat me?" Raven asked trying to catch her breath. "Simple, I thought outside the box." Jesse began confidently "I remembered Starfire teaching me how to create starbolts one day in a training session with her." She said with a smirk.

"Starbolts, are you kidding?" Nightwing said in disbelief, looking at Jesse with a stunned look on his face. She said nothing and helped her parents to the infirmary.
Sign up to rate and review this story