Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Surprise!

Bad Memories

by Chatty_Pants 8 reviews

Theresa recalls a bad momory and her and Jay spend some quality time together. Wow. I actually wrote this.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-10-05 - Updated: 2006-10-06 - 1749 words

1Exciting
Weeks had passed since the last fight with Cronus and he hadn't been seen since but Jay was still confined to his bed. It frustrated him beyond belief but he had to deal with it. Anyways, he had friends, no BEST friends, to keep him company. But throughout the visits he had still wondered one thing. How long had he been asleep?
Having regained his speaking abilities on the third day, his curiosity finally got the better of him and he asked his favorite person in the whole world, Theresa, on the fifth day.
"Ten days," was Theresa's answer. "You were asleep for a week and a half. I was, we were worried that you'd never wake up. Jay saw Theresa's face become sullen as she remembered that fateful day when they brought him back

Flashback:
Theresa and the others ran down the hall with an unconscious Jay being carried by Herry and Archie. They passed through the portal in the janitors closet to the secret wing of the school and down the deserted marble hallway. Theresa never left his side. She held Jay's cold and somewhat clammy hand in hers, never letting go. She held it so tight that you could actually see her knuckles turning whiter than usual. It was her face though that everyone noticed. It was pale. Paler than the moon some nights and whiter than snow. If you were to look at her face from a certain angle you would see that her face was almost transparent.
Atlanta had kept glancing toward her best girlfriend (not in that way you perv!) worried that she was going to faint or heave or even both. Twice she had already seen her wobble unsteadily on her feet but that wasn't from weariness, it was from fear. She exchanged an apprehensive look with Archie. He nodded comfortingly toward the girl he had loved for quite a while now but knew that she was never going to return his feelings.
Atlanta walked over toward Theresa and placed her hand on the other redhead's shoulder. She felt Theresa jump from the surprise. Theresa turned around and relaxed as she saw who it was. Atlanta stared at her face for a while before speaking.
"You going to be okay?"
"Yeah. I'm fine,"
She gave a smile of reassurance but Atlanta could immediately tell that it was forced. Her "smile" kept changing from a smile to an expression of worry and back. Her eyes gave it away as well. They were shiny but yet at the same time dull. She also looked as if she was on the verge of tears, which Atlanta guessed that she probably was. Her eyes also held a sadness that could only be healed if her one true love woke up (ok crappy line I know, but it was all I could think of at the time).
Theresa and the rest of the conscience gang ran through the abnormally large doorway to Chiron's enormous study. As soon as they reached the middle of the room Theresa opened her mouth and let forth a yell that shook the room.
"CHIRON!!!"
Everyone covered their ears but they were to late. They winced in pain as they removed their hands. Herry mumbled a small "ow" at the same time Neil complained how yelling damages his perfect hearing. They heard the clop-clop of Chiron's hooves against the cement floras he came down the hallway to his study. He entered the room with an annoyed expression on his face, but that was soon replaced with a look of surprise at the sight of Jay and Theresa. His wise, aged eyes widened in horror. After several seconds of an uncomfortable silence he finally spoke.
"What happened here?"
Theresa looked around the room clueless. She wasn't even sure what had happened. All she remembered was taking music lessons with Orpheus and then she suddenly woke up and that dinghy cave. She turned to Odie for an explanation, as did everyone else encouraging him to speak. After a while, Odie opened his mouth and he began to clarify what had happened only moments before.
Odie's explanation took a whole hour describing every detail and of course he had to use two-cent words. This was very interesting knowing what happened when you died and how they brought you back but to Theresa, she didn't really care at this point and time. In fact, she was getting very impatient. Theresa didn't want to know how the trip was to Hades throne room she wanted to know if Jay was going to be all right or not. Just as she was about to scream in frustration, Odie FINALLY finished speaking. Sadly, her relief was soon dashed when Chiron asked another question.
"Very good idea using Orpheus' myth but that still doesn't explain what happened to Jay."
No one, not even Odie the brilliant could answer this question though they all had an idea. Cronus.
Finally, Atlanta answered. "What do you think? Cronus happened."
Chiron nodded his head solemnly before shooing everyone out so he could examine his injuries.
Theresa went over and sat in a comfy, wooden chair nearby the room. She hung her head down and stared into her lap as she waited as patiently as she could for Chiron's report. The inspection took only a couple of minutes but to Theresa it felt like an eternity. She felt a lone tear run down her dirty face making a clean line. It fell down onto her grubby dress as she briskly wiped it away.
Questions kept running through her head about Jay. What would the outcome be? Would it be good or bad, happy or sad? Theresa imagined each response Chiron would have all of them was more horrible than the last. At long last Chiron exited the room. He sighed and shook his head sadly before he delivered his verdict.
"I'm sorry."
Atlanta, Archie, Herry, Odie, Neil, and Theresa all turned toward the half man half horse fearful of what he might say. But to Theresa, his answer was worse then she ever thought possible.
"I'm terribly sorry. He's lost to much blood and his wounds were to deep. I'm afraid he won't make it."
"No. No. NOOOOO!" She screamed in fury and broke down into her hands and cried.
End Flashback

Jay noticed that Theresa had zoned out on him and he gave a small chuckle. He sat up in the bed (Chiron had moved it into the study so he would have something to lay on other than the couch) but in doing so he sent a large shock of pain in his chest. He gave a small groan, which just happened to bring Theresa back to her home planet.
Theresa blinked in surprise when she realized that she had drifted off. The first thing she noticed was Jay's scars on his fairly muscular chest. She gingerly touched it as light as she could but Jay still winced in pain. They were still tender and they hurt like hell when he moved to sit up or lay down. Theresa moved her hand away quickly. She felt her eyes brim with tears but she wiped them briskly away when she saw Jay stare in surprise.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. If I had been more careful in those tunnels this never would have happened,"
Jay was completely and utterly appalled at her words. He quickly grabbed her hand ignoring the pain shot up his arm. He squeezed it tight and saw Theresa look up and shrink back at the anger flashing through his deep brown eyes.
"It is not your fault. It was and never will be your fault. This was Cronus' fault. Now you remember that you hear. This would have never happened if we had never even met Cronus." Jay told her sternly.
Theresa nodded her head slowly but not after replying quietly to her herself, "But then I would have never met you."
Theresa said it a little too loudly and Jay's heart leapt as he heard her say that. But just to make sure he didn't mishear it or imagine things he asked her what she had said.
"Uh?" Theresa answered clearly confused. She realized that she had been overheard and blushed slightly.
"Oh-oh! I didn't say anything. You must have been hearing things."
Jay was highly disappointed but he gave a small smile as if he didn't care.
"Yah. Yah I guess I was."
Theresa smiled in relief that he had actually believed her but she still was saddened. She wanted to tell him with all her heart how she really felt about him, but she wasn't sure if he actually felt the same way about her.
The rest of the time they sat in silence, enjoying each other's company. Every so often though they would take a glance at the other. Sometimes they had caught the other looking at them as well. Both teammates would then turn away from the others gaze with a faint blush showing on their cheeks. Nonetheless, they both enjoyed the moment. Sadly though, all precious moments must end and theirs did as well. Theirs ended when Chiron walked in to tell them that visiting was over because Jay needed his rest. Now normally Jay would have argued with him about it but after staying with him for five days now he knew better.
Theresa sighed sadly and shook her head regretful that it had ended. She sat up from the chair she was sitting on and said a quick good bye. Jay watched her hips sway gently as she left with her hair moving like waves on the ocean. Jay lay back in the bed with a sigh as he let his eyes closed. The first and last thing he saw before falling asleep was Theresa's smiling face.

There. I've finished. If you haven't noticed yet I seem to update faster during school. I don't know why though. Makes you think that I would have more time on the weekends. Anyways I have decided to discontinue this story. I have one chapter left to write but I am to lazy to do it. I may change my plan though if I get over 15 reviews. "wink wink"
Yes. My devious plan is working. I'll get people to give me lots of reviews. Muhahaha!!
Oh crap! Am I still writing?
Ps: I am currently looking for a mascot. Will be accepting applications after this is posted.
Sign up to rate and review this story