Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Surprise!

Pictures

by Chatty_Pants 4 reviews

Yeah right. Maybe next time.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-10-23 - Updated: 2006-10-24 - 2425 words

2Funny
Theresa couldn't believe it. She actually couldn't believe it. It was finally happening. Jay was coming back home from the hospital. When she had woken up and heard the news she almost jumped for joy. Almost, but not quite. She would have of course if the others weren't in the room with her. Then they would of known about her feelings for him, even Atlanta didn't know about her secret feelings toward their trustworthy leader. Instead she rushed up the stairs to her room and fell on her bed face first into her pillow. She screamed in joy in to the pillow and turned over giggling madly. She was giggling so loud though that she hadn't heard Atlanta coming up the stairs to her room to check if everything was alright. She was about to knock on the ecstatic red heads door when she noticed her loud laughing coming from inside. Atlanta chucked and shook her head as she headed down stairs to speak to the others about their "plans".
After she had finally calmed down (which just happened to take and hour and a half) Theresa went down stairs for a glass of water. She bolted down the stairs and grabbed her keys and purse at the bottom of the steps. She walked into the kitchen with a slight bounce in her step and opened the cupboard above the sink to grab a glass. She took the small glass and filled it with cold water from the tap. She emptied it quickly and placed it in the almost full dishwasher. She made a mental note to start it when she got back. She was about to leave when she heard a voice asking her where she was going. She turned a round and saw Herry, Archie, Odie, Neil, and Atlanta sitting at the kitchen table with a piece of paper in the middle. The paper only had at least five lines of writhing on it and Atlanta was biting the end of the pencil. A habit she had whenever she was thinking hard about something.
"I'm going to pick up Jay and bring him back," Theresa told them as if it would be obvious. She saw Herry frown and divert his face from Theresa's.
"Ooh. Well I'm glad we caught you before you left. I'm really sorry but Jay isn't coming back until Saturday afternoon."
Theresa spark of happiness immediately left her eyes and was replaced by a dull glaze of sadness.
"Oh. Well then, I-I should probably be going upstairs then and leave you to-to... to whatever you were doing."
She was about to leave the room when Atlanta quickly grabbed her wrist.
"No stay. We were just planning a Welcome Back party for Jay and we need your help badly. You're his best friend you should at least know what he likes."
Theresa frowned at the words "best friend". She had always wanted to be more than that. She wanted to be his girlfriend, his lover, his partner in life, and his wife. She wanted to be and mean everything to him. She wanted to be his world. But he was too involved in Cronus, but then again he had always flirted with her intensely so what was that supposed to mean.
Atlanta and everyone else in the room saw her frown and Atlanta began to wonder if she said and thing wrong. But it had disappeared as quickly has it had come, if not even quicker. Everyone then wondered if they had been imagining things. They decided that they must have when Theresa replied, "Sure. Just show me what you have and I'll help in a any way I can."
Theresa was so excited. Today was the day. Today was the day that Jay was coming home. She had heard the news on Thursday and today was Saturday. They had been planning the party for a couple days now and it was the day she was able to see Jay again as good as new. She was so excited. That she thought that she wouldn't have been able to sleep at all last night. Nonetheless, she fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.
She woke up at five that morning but in the excitement she wasn't able to get back asleep. Finally, after about half an hour of trying, she left her room and decided to take a shower. By some miracle she had actually beat Neil up and was the first to take a shower. She turned on the taps and stepped into the hot shower.
"Ahh. Hot water. Haven't felt it in so long," she sighed happily.
She stepped out as the steam followed behind her making the small room a homemade, mini sauna. As the haze began to disappear she walked to her room in her purple housecoat. She sat down in front of the dresser mirror in her room and began to brush her hair. Her wet, long, silky orange blond hair hung down her back as she blow-dried it. She put on her clothes and walked down the stairs as quietly as possible in her warm, slipper clad feet. After all, no one in their right mind would wake up that early.
Theresa stepped into the kitchen and grabbed a small bowl from one of the cupboards and a box of her favorite cereal, Mini-Wheats, the original flavor though. She was the only one in the whole dorm who liked the original frosted. Everyone else preferred the newer kinds, not that she was complaining. That meant that she had a small box all to her self without any one eating from it. Theresa got the 2% milk out of the fridge and which sent a bright light flooding the kitchen. Once she closed the door though it returned back to its dimly lit room. She made her quick breakfast and ate it. It was only a small bowl though so she didn't eat much but she was to excited to care. Theresa placed all the things in their right place and left the room with the small rumbling of the newly started dishwasher behind her. She walked into the living room and turned on the lights dimly and sat down to watch some T.V. But her plans were soon changed when she saw something on the small table beside her. It was a photo album.
Theresa took the dark brown book of the table and flipped through the pages until something caught her eye. She quickly turned back the pages until she found what she was looking for. It was photo from her birthday party that the others had secretly thrown for her. It felt like it had been eons ago although it had only been about a month since then. The picture was of her and Jay (surprise, surprise) and she had her arms around his neck and her lips planted against his cheek. She struggled to remember how the photograph could have token because she didn't recall any flash. Suddenly, a memory popped up from the back of her head and she blinked in surprise. Now Theresa knew how. She remembered that when she had gone up to kiss Jay that Odie had had his PMR in his hands. She chuckled slightly and brushed her fingers against the picture as she remembered that kiss, as small as it was, it was still a kiss. She recalled the taste of his surprisingly smooth cheek on her lips and the spicy smell of Axe. Smiling, she turned the page to find another picture of her and Jay, and another, and another, and another. There were pictures of them on every single page. Theresa couldn't believe it. It was a photograph album about her and Jay. She even saw one picture that she wasn't even sure on how they got it. It was when Jay and Theresa had gone to the underground tunnels alone to find out what was happening to the tourists. Theresa was huddled up in Jay's arms after he had saved her from the Minotaur. She stared down at the photo trying to figure out how the could of gotten that picture. They were alone the whole time! And they couldn't have token it from the camcorder because the batteries were dead when they found it. She opened her moth in shock as she realized how they got it. The PMR. Her PMR to be precise. When she feel on Jay the PMR must have fallen out of her pocket and pressed the picture button when it had hit the floor. In fact she even remembered telling Jay that they had to go back for it because it wasn't in her pocket. Odie must have found it when he upgraded the PMRs later.
She was suddenly disturbed from her thoughts from the clock on the wall chiming the half hour. She looked up expecting it to be around 7:30. To her surprise it was instead 9:30. She had spent three and a half hours looking in the photo album! She figured that the others had to be up by now and boy did she have some questions to ask.
Theresa walked into the kitchen and gazed at the layout of the table. Archie and Atlanta sat side by side with usually Theresa herself sitting by the fiery redhead. Jay usually sat opposite of her so that whenever she looked up Theresa would catch Jay's chestnut brown eyes looking at her. Odie and Herry sat beside him in any order. As usual though, Neil sat at the head of the table checking his flawless reflection in a spoon. Atlanta was the first to notice Theresa in the doorway but failed to see the cloth-covered book in her hands.
"Oh! Hey Theresa. Good morning, how long have you been up?" Atlanta asked the orange blonde casually. Theresa replied in very much the same way.
"Hmm. Let me see. Just long enough to find THIS!"
Everyone looked up to see her holding up the photo album. And boy was everyone surprised. Neil dropped his spoon in shock, Atlanta spit out the coffee she was drinking, and Archie began to choke on a piece of the toast that he was eating.
"I, uh, I...got to go an fix my, uh, um... playstation. That's it! I have to go and fix my PS2," Odie stuttered as he left the room as quickly as possible. Herry was glad of an excuse to leave and took Odie's lead.
"Yeah. Well, I better go and help him with. He isn't strong enough to unscrew some of those dang things."
Theresa watched two of her friends leave the room but turned her attention back to the other three. Atlanta was slapping Archie's back trying to dislodge the piece of chewed toast. Fortunately, she was able to get it out of his mouth. Unfortunately it landed on Neil's pants which for some odd reason he didn't notice. After a while Archie spoke.
"Thanks," he told Atlanta in a dry and scratchy voice.
"Heh. No problem," she answered in a flat tone. Atlanta turned back to Theresa stiff and not exactly sure of what was going to happen. But she immediately relaxed though when she saw a small smile play at her lips.
Theresa tapped her foot impatiently waiting for their response. Instead all she got was Archie whispering to Atlanta a bit too loudly. "Crap! We must have left it out last night after we looked at it."
Atlanta raised her eyebrows in response. "Must have? We did you dufos!"
That was the last straw. Theresa couldn't help it. She burst out laughing at the way they were responding. She clutched her stomach in laughter as the others stared at her as if she was crazy. They were surprised at her reaction but they were relieved. As far as they knew Theresa was off their backs and had forgotten about the whole thing. Their hopes were soon dashed though when she asked, "Well, what is this?"
Atlanta, Archie, and Neil turned to each other. They weren't sure of what to say. Finally, after about three minutes of staring and thinking, Neil finally spoke.
"Who cares about that little book? Jay's coming home today and we have to get ready for his party."
"We're doomed," was all Archie could say after Neil's lame excuse. Atlanta glared at him and said "Shup up," through gritted teeth as she punch his arm, hard. Archie winced and rubbed the part of his arm were his best friend had hit him.
"OW! I mean, um, yeah. We have to get ready for the party,"
Now, if this were any other person besides Neil, Theresa would have gave a small laugh and say nice try, now what it this. But it seemed that Neil had all the luck in the world so instead Theresa smiled and placed down the book on the table infront of them.
"Neil's right. We have a party to get ready for."
Theresa ran out of the room as she called back that she would go down to the store and pick up the decorations needed. The rest of the heroes left stared down at the book laying infront of them. After a few minutes of surprised silence Archie finally spoke.
"Neil,"
"Yeah?" Neil asked proudly expecting some sort of praise.
"Don't you ever do that again. If you do I will seriously kick your ass."
Neil glared toward Archie as he bent down to pick up the spoon. The first thing he saw though wasn't his reflection. It was that piece of somewhat burnt, half chewed, peanut butter toast. So instead he stared at his pants and screamed.

There. I'm finally done this chapter. Yes I know this was supposed to be the last one but I decided to give you the last chapter later. And don't worry, I have been planning that chapter in my head for months and I already have half of it down in my notebook. Also, I was kidding about discontinuing this story. I have already picked my disclaimers but I won't be adding them until the next story to get them ready. The next chappie will be that last one for sure and I will be posting a riddle. The first person to get it right on both sites will get my ideas for my upcoming stories and will be able to add ideas if they wish. I should probably end this so just r&r please.
Sign up to rate and review this story