Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Surprise!

PARTY!

by Chatty_Pants 6 reviews

It's the last chapter

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-14 - Updated: 2006-11-15 - 5743 words

0Unrated
There. This is going to be the last chapter, I promise. I can't believe that I actually made it this far. I start stories but I never finished them. Except twice and both were for school. Just to clear up all questions about the last chapter. The photo album was a book of pictures of Jay and Theresa moments. And the reason they have it.... Well, um, well... the reason they have it is because some heavenly being (wink wink) inspired them to have it. And if I must do disclaimers I will but I am not writing it out 19 times! And because I am lazy here you go.
I do not and will never own CotT. The only thing I own is my story, the ones brewing in my head, and the laptop I am planning to buy. I have already saved up a $150 and when I get my allowance I will probably have over $300!
x19
Theresa ran to her car, car keys in her hand and her purse black purse swinging at her side. It bounced on her shoulder and a jingling sound of money could be heard coming from it. Excitement sparkled in her eyes on her eager face. She had changed he clothes just to pick up Jay. Her hair was up in a high ponytail; she wore a purple tang-top, and a black knee-length jean skirt. Her newly applied make up shone in the glow from the sun. She had on her feet a pair of black heels that looked as if they had never been worn, which they probably hadn't.
Theresa couldn't wait to see Jay's face once he saw her and the party of course. The decorations were up and nothing was left undecorated. They had been set up with Theresa's guidance of course. It had token all day but they were finally done, and boy did it look amazing. They had changed that drab living room into a very festive room just right for a party. She couldn't wait. She had volunteered to pick up Jay at the school and the best part was that she was going alone. Maybe now it was time to tell Jay how she really felt.
Her bubble was soon to be burst though. Theresa had almost reached the car when a red headed blur past her and beat her to the ruby red convertible. She shook her head and gave a short laugh. She knew how fast her friend was but it never ceased to amaze her the length of her speed. She reached the prized vehicle and looked at Atlanta.
"Slow enough aren't you? You had at least a minute head start but I still beat you hear by a mile. At least Archie would have been close to the vehicle by then," Atlanta scoffed.
"Haha. Very funny. Now what's the problem? I was just about to leave and pick up Jay," Theresa asked clearly annoyed.
"I came to tell you that Herry's coming with so..."
"Oh. Okay, I see. Well, just tell him to meet me here in five minutes or I'm leaving without him," Theresa told her "friend" heart broken at the results.
"I wasn't finished. Now as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted," Atlanta began jokingly. "So that you wouldn't blurt everything out and so Herry could hold you back from smothering Jay with kisses."
"What!? I would so not blurt everything out to him and... wait a minute. Did you just say that I'd kiss him?" Theresa said as she blushed madly. "I would never do that. I don't even like him that way,"
Atlanta smirked at her best friend. She was blushing so hard that Atlanta could see the rest of her body turning red.
"Theresa,"
"Yeah?"
"You're a really rotten liar."
"Hey! Atlanta!"
Atlanta laughed at her friend's reaction and spoke one last time before running to go and get Herry.
"Well if you were telling the truth you wouldn't be blushing right down to the tips of you're toes,"
"Well I, I, I... Whoa, wait a minute what?" Theresa stuttered as she felt her already red cheeks tinge even darker. She watched her best friend run off and yelled after her, "Well just for that you can tell Herry he has only a minute left to get here! I don't care if he's here or not I'm still leaving!"
Theresa drove along in her car on the way back to the brownstone. She of course sat in the drivers seat, as if she would let anyone drive her car, Jay sat shotgun, and Herry sat in the back. He was not at all pleased with how the seating arrangements had come out. She saw him sitting in the back sulking and smiled.
"That's what you get for running off this morning Herry. So enjoy it (A/N see previous chapter)."
"Hmph," was all Herry could say. He slumped further down in the black leather seats and frowned. Theresa laughed as she dared to shoot a glance at Jay. He turned to her and gave her a small smile. He was so pleased that he was going back home and that he was finally out of the stuffy room. He was as pleased as punch as well when he saw that it was Theresa herself who had come to pick him up. He was disappointed though when he saw that Herry had come with as well. Now don't get him wrong, he was happy to see Herry and all, he had just hoped that it was just Theresa who had come. He went up to go and meet her half way but was rooted to the spot when he noticed the clothes that she was currently wearing. He was so used to her downing the red tang top and ankle short that he didn't even notice the unusual attire. She soon got over his shock though and greeted both of them.
He turned back toward the girl of his dreams only to find that she was deep in thought. He tried to decide what she was thinking about in that cute little head of hers. Little did he know that she was thinking of him.

Flashback
Theresa ran down the empty hallways eager to she Jay. She hadn't seen him in weeks. Chiron had forbid them to visit him for the last few weeks because the half horse half man wanted Jay to work on his walking again. And he didn't want the others to disrupt and distract him from the exercises. As wise as the centaur was, he didn't realize that it was not being able to see everyone that distracted him the most. The only thing that actually kept him going was the thought of them all, especially a certain red head.
As much as Theresa didn't want to admit it, Atlanta was right. Not about the part of her blurting everything out, even though it was as tempting as hell, she was right about the part of smothering him with kisses. Oh, she wouldn't have actually kissed him, although Theresa did want to, but she would have hugged him to death. Instead, when they were just about to turn the corner, Herry grabbed her arm and turned her toward him. His almost black brown eyes burrowed deep into her forest green ones. He probably would have been able read all of her secrets if he looked deep enough but she turned away quickly before he could. He turned her back toward him though and flatly said, "Don't. As much as you wan to don't. All you'll do is hurt him more,"
"I guess you're right," Theresa sighed sadly. She felt Herry let go of her hand and rubbed the spot were he had held it. She walked down the hall silently saying to her self, "I can do this. I can do this. I can go and meet him without doing anything rational."
She caught sight of her secret crush and tried not to run to him. But it was a lot more difficult than she ever imagined. Every slow step made want to speed up to a run and jump into his arms. It weighed her heart down that she was doing this but when she had finally reached him she gave him a huge hug. She immediately felt a ton of weight lift off her shoulders and sighed in relief.
What she didn't know though was that Jay was surprised that she didn't run to him. It was in her nature to do this to everyone she loved. When she didn't do this, Jay figured that she actually didn't like him in the way that he wanted her too.
Jay brushed this thought away and decided that Theresa didn't do it because Herry was there. Still, this wasn't a good enough for him. Nonetheless, he walked down the hall with her listening to her endless chatter. She was telling him everything that had happened while he had been out, everything except the photo album and the party that is. She'd tell him about the album maybe later, if and when they were a couple.
The three of them walked down the halls just like that. Jay listening to the melodious sound of her voice, Theresa just enjoying his company, and Herry, well Herry was just glad that Theresa didn't jump Jay. He still tripped though every few steps because of the workout both Chiron and Ares had put on them. Nonetheless, he still walked down the deserted all as if that wasn't even happening.
He was as happy as hell that he was finally leaving. As soon as they reached the outside world, Jay breathed in the fresh air eagerly. Oh sure, Chiron had of course opened as many windows as he could without it being it conspicuous, but it still wasn't the same. It wasn't the same as breathing and running in that air that made you feel so alive. Soon enough, they reached Theresa's car shining brightly in the sun and got in and drove off.
End Flashback

Jay couldn't take it any more. She had been in her dream world too long. What if she crashed and he, or even worse, she died. Finally, he was fed up and shouted, "BOO!" and scared her totally out of her thoughts. Jay could have sworn that if Theresa hadn't been wearing her seatbelt, she would have jumped straight to the moon! She screamed and braked hard and quickly enough before rear-ending the vehicle in front of her. She sighed in relief and brushed a stray strand of hair that must have escaped from her ponytail out of her eyes. She turned sharply toward the brunette that sat beside her with enough anger flashing in her eyes to even make Cronus cower on the ground in fear.
"Jay! You could have killed us. We were luck that I braked just in time."
Jay laughed loudly. It felt so good to laugh again. He hadn't done that in days. He would have probably actually laughed his head off if Herry hadn't suddenly decided to "accidentally" kick his seat. The kick was a lot more powerful then he had intended but it did the job nonetheless. Jay lurched forward and would have hit the windshield if he hadn't been wearing his seatbelt. His face was only inches from a tragic almost death and he fell back into the seat hard. He bounced back and forth once or twice in his seat before turning back to Herry.
"Hey!"
"Sorry buddy. It was an accident."
"Sure,"
"Are you saying that I did that on purpose?"
"If the laser crossbow fits..."
"Guys please! Shut up and let me concentrate on driving. We're almost home,"
The two "dimwits" turned toward each other in surprise. They never expected a girl, well all except Atlanta, to make that outburst. Much less Theresa. And true to her word they were indeed almost home. They were currently on Jonathon Avenue and they lived on McCallum Street, only three blocks away. Both slumped back down into their seats and just pouted. As annoying as they were, Theresa couldn't figure out how she had ever lived without all of them, especially Jay.
The rest of the short ride was pretty uneventful much to Theresa's relief. She turned into the brownstone driveway and parked in the only garage. Herry's truck was too large to fit underneath so it had been automatically become hers. She stepped out of the ruby red convertible with her long, slender legs exiting first. She looked the cars doors and closed the garage door. After all, she wasn't going to let anyone steal her baby.
She turned quickly around and saw Herry and Jay walking to the front door as if nothing had happened. Theresa smiled to her self as she ran to catch up. She grabbed Jay's arm and impatiently pulled him to the door. He laughed and turned back to Herry wondering what was going on. He shrugged in reply and Jay turned back to the beautiful red head in front of him. She led him toward the three-story building, not including the basement and roof, and let go when she reached the steps.
Unknown to her it had rained during the night so when she stepped on the rubber welcome mat she slipped. She fell down the couple of stairs face first but was caught by you know who and was saved from a broken nose. She looked up into the face of her savior an blushed. Their lips were only inches away from touching and she could feel his warm breath on her neck. She shivered in delight and looked eyes with him.
"Thanks,"
"No problem,"
Theresa could have stayed like that forever. She was in Jay's arms and she could have kissed him right there.
"Would you two please stop flirting and open up the door. I'm getting cold here,"
Jay's face reddened in embarrassment. He helped Theresa down the rest of the steps and let go when he made sure she was standing up straight. She gave him a small smile of thanks although she was missing the warmth that his body had provided. She walked back up the slippery steps more carefully this time. She stood at the top of the steps and dug through her small but over crowded purse. After what had felt like hours she brought out the dorm's keys with a shout of triumph and unlocked the door.
The door creaked quietly open and the others stepped inside glad to be home. Jay looked around the familiar hallway relived that he was home again. To his happiness he found that everything looked exactly the same. Nothing had changed while he was gone. He walked down the familiar corridor and was soon out of sight.
Theresa took off her heels glad to be out of those horrid things. She had no clue why she had even worn them in the first place. She turned around expecting to see her crush but was instead met by the sight of nothing. She looked around trying to figure out where he could have possibly gone. Herry was already in the living room awaiting Jay's arrival so she knew where he had disappeared to. Making a silent prayer to Zeus that he wasn't in the living room he walked to the kitchen hoping to find him there. To her luck, she did. Theresa sighed in relief and walked over to where he stood and grabbed his arm.
"What are you going?"
"I'm getting a drink of water," Jay answered. He turned back to the female and said in humor, "Or is that illegal now?"
"No just curious. Now come on,"
Theresa started to pull him to the living room. He let her pull him along shaking his head happily glad to be with her again. Nonetheless, his curiosity got the better of him.
"To the living room silly. Come on,"
"But I don't want to go into the living room. I want to go to my room and take a nap,"
"Geez you're starting to sound like Neil."
Jay laughed and looked her in the eyes. That was his fatal mistake. He had to look away now. If he didn't his own masculinity would be at risk. He had to or face the consequences. He could do this, he could do this, he could do this. He, he, he... couldn't do it. He failed miserably. He fell to the power of the puppy dog eyes. But then again, who on earth could resist her super double deluxe puppy dog stare.
"I can fight and resist the temptation of an evil, deranged god but yet I can't resist your puppy dog eyes. Why is that?"
"I don't know. Maybe you just can't resist my charm and beauty."
Jay laughed as he walked into the living room not thinking that anything was out of the ordinary. But he did find that for some odd reason the lights were off. He turned toward the teenage girl beside him and asked her why the lights were off. She never did answer him. Theresa was fingering the PMR in her palm ready to take the picture of Jay's face. She flipped on the lights.
Jay almost fell back in shock when everyone jumped out of their hiding place and gave a loud shout. "WELCOME BACK JAY!!!!!"
Boy was he ever surprised. He was even more surprised though when he saw a bright flash of light coming from his left side. He turned toward the flash to see Theresa smiling proudly to her self as she placed the PMR in her skirts pocket. She was pleased. Jay was back and she had gotten a picture of what she wanted. Jay's comical expression when he saw the party.
"Geez you guys! You almost gave me a heart attack!"
Archie laughed at his comment as he replied, "What? And send you back to the hospital after you had just gotten out? Yeah right!"
Jay laughed harder than ever before and looked around the room. Streamers of every color hung from every corner of the roof and all over it. A huge banner was hung from one side of the room to the other bearing the red words WELCOM BACK JAY! In fact, nothing in that room looked the same. Everything in that one room had some sort of festive decoration. Jay was shocked that they had all gotten this done in a few short hours. He smiled and when he was just about to sit down he heard the stereo in the room suddenly blaring music. He felt Theresa's hand rest on his arm and pull him up.
"Do you want to dance?"
"I might as well since someone already pulled me up."
Theresa giggled embarrassingly as she danced with the man of her dreams. She began to look around the room to see what everyone else was doing. The first people she noticed were Archie and Atlanta. In her view they were having a contest to see who could dance faster. Of course, Atlanta was winning. But it didn't look like he really cared. In fact, he looked happy just to be dancing with her. But then again you would too if you were dancing with the person you had been crushing on for the past year. Both Theresa and Jay felt the same way as they danced with each other but the other didn't know that they felt that way.
The next ones she saw were Odie and Herry. Both were setting up the food on the coffee table in the middle of the room. Of course the last was Neil and he was dancing as if he was dancing with another person like a party animal. When she stretched to see who it was she saw that he was dancing with his own reflection. Theresa laughed and when Jay asked what was so funny she pointed toward Neil. He laughed as well and cautiously danced closer to Theresa. To his pleasure she did the same. Soon enough their noses were only an inch and a half apart. Both blushed furiously as the separated. As soon as they separated though the song was suddenly changed to a slower one. Theresa and Jay were shocked. She knew that when Odie had downloaded all those songs he had intentionally put that song on the CD just to bug her. She made a mental note to kick Odie's ass later but moved closer to Jay.
Their hands were now on each others waist but soon both came closer. Theresa rested her head on his shoulder as they danced. She didn't care if anyone saw them. Right now, all that mattered was them being this close even if it was only until the song ended.
Hours had passed and it was now dark outside although no one really seemed to notice the time. Everyone was having too much fun. Well, everyone except Theresa that is. She sat alone in a corner of the packed living room sipping a cup of the cranberry punch that they had bought for the party. All the people were crowded around jay asking how he felt. More guests had come, the gods and goddesses of course, and a quite a few people from school. And now the fairly large dorm was full to bursting. As happy as Theresa was to have Jay back, she still wished that no one had come. That way Jay would be talking to her instead of that slut Cindy.
After sitting for what felt like hours in that cramped corner, she stood up and decided to go and get some fresh air. She left the room without telling anybody and walked up to the roof. As soon as she got outside, Theresa immediately felt better. She breathed in that clean air and basically with the snap of the fingers, she felt her sorrows and problems disappear. She walked to the edge of the roof and leaned on the rails that lined the flat roof. She stared at the clear, starry sky and smiled. The stars helped calm her down but they had never been able to do this in her whole life until a few months ago. Theresa had decided that she caught the sudden calmness from the stars from Jay. He had spoken about them so much to her that it must have rubbed off on her.
She stared at twinkling stars and recognized a few constellations that Jay had taught her. There was that name again. Jay. It sounded as sweet as honey in her mouth and her heart melted every time she saw him. He had begun to occupy her thoughts more frequently than usual these days, not that she was complaining.
Theresa felt a sudden cool breeze blow on her bare neck in shivered in cold. She had totally forgot that her hair was up. Theresa reached back and gently pulled out the black elastic that rested in her hair. She shook her hair side to side. As she swung her head, she felt something move across her chest. She looked down to see the garnet locket resting on her upper body. She fingered the gold encrusted heart lovingly and smiled. This had been her favorite birthday present ever. It was even better than the car that her daddy had given her last year. She couldn't even imagine how Jay had come up with the money to buy this. It would have cost a fortune.
She felt the breeze blow again but it never touched her neck. Her thick hair had been blocking it. Theresa hated having her hair up but Jay liked it that way and today was a special occasion so she had decided to wear it for him. Her hair fell across her shoulders and it touched just above her waist. She loved her hair. Ever since she had turned ten she never let anyone cut more than an inch off.
Theresa centered her attention back on the stars. Soon enough though, a rough, warm hand placed on her shoulder distracted her. She jumped slightly under the unexpected touch.
"Hey."
Theresa relaxed pleased to hear Jay's voice.
"Oh, hey."
"You okay?"
"What? Yeah. I just needed some fresh air,"
"Well, that was a lot of fresh air that you needed. You had been up here for an hour before I decided to came and get you."
Theresa couldn't believe it. What had only felt like five minutes had actually been an hour. She had been so entranced by the stars that she had barely even noticed the time.
"Really? Wow. Hey, why aren't you downstairs. Cindy will be wondering where you went. She really likes you, you know,"
Jay was taken aback by her words. Cindy liked him. She liked him. The most popular girl in the whole entire school actually had a crush on him. After the brief moment of shock was done and over with, he replied to her question.
"Oh. Really? Well I guess you do learn something everyday," Jay joked.
Theresa laughed at Jay's comment. She smiled at him and looked back up at the stars that had held her so mesmerized only moments before. Jay looked up to see what had held her up here for so long. He saw the stars and understood. They enchanted her too, just like they did to him.
"No wonder you stayed up here so long," he replied after gazing at the stars for a couple of minutes.
"Yeah. They really are beautiful tonight," Theresa said dreamily smiling at her handsome companion.
"But not as beautiful as you," Jay muttered to himself as he dared to take a glance at the red head beside him.
Theresa smiled. She had heard Jay's comment but didn't say anything. She decided that what he said she shouldn't of heard and it would embarrass him too much if she asked about it. That would make him leave her and go back downstairs to the party, which she did not in the least want. She liked having him to herself like this. Sure she was being selfish by thinking that but she had not spent this much time alone with him in along time (A/N wouldn't you do the same anyways? I sure as hell would if it was Jay). So they stood there side by side. It felt like eons of pleasant silence had past before Jay spoke.
"Theresa,"
"Yeah Jay."
"Theresa I, I, I..." Jay started nervously.
"What is Jay? Is anything wrong?"
Jay turned to the female fighter beside him. Now was the time. It was the time to tell her how he really felt. He could feel it in his heart. Deep in his heart he knew it was the time. Jay took a deep breath and let out the words he had been longing to say forever. He was going to say the words that either tore friends apart or made them come together closer than ever before. He was going to say I Love You. And there was no backing down now.
"Theresa I love you!"
Theresa was shocked. She had never actually thought that he had felt the same way about her. Oh sure he had flirted with her every chance she got but still who would have thought. Who would have thought that he, Jay, had loved her (A/N she's just as oblivious as Atlanta, almost as but not quite. At least Theresa noticed that Jay had been flirting with her: P). She was in such shock that Theresa didn't say a word to him at first.
Jay looked the girl he had just confessed his feelings to in worry. He called out her name a couple of times but she hadn't answered him. He was forced to give up. He couldn't believe it. After all those times she hadn't felt the same way about him. She had given him so many hints but it may have just been puppy love or something like that. He felt his eyes brim with tears as he turned away. A single tear rolled down his cheek and disappeared onto his shirt. Their relationship would never be the same again. They wouldn't be able to hang out like they used too. It would feel to awkward. He had almost reached the door when he heard his name.
"Jay!"
He turned around to see Theresa running at him with tears streaming down her face and a smile of pure joy as well. She ran toward him and jumped into his arms. This had caught Jay off guard. He fell backwards a bit but bumped into the back wall before he fell to the ground. He had not expected this but what came next he would never expect in the least to happen.
Theresa kissed him. Jay was totally astonished but managed to kiss her back. It was every thing he had imagined and more. Her lips felt as soft as he expected but they were as smooth as silk. Her vanilla flavored lip-gloss tasted like heaven to him and he felt like he could have lived off it forever. Her hair felt like cashmere (A/N okay, bad example) in his hands. He couldn't believe that he had actually thought that her hair was better up. It surrounded her body nicely an made it look like she had even more of an hour glass figure. With Theresa's lips against Jay's, he felt love, passion, kindness, trust, faith, friendship, everything that he had felt whenever he was around her. Their lips pressed together harder savoring the moment that they finally tasted each other's lips.
The moment was ruined though when they heard Archie. They turned to face their friends and came apart, blushing as red as tomatoes. Archie didn't look pleased that he was kneeling under Atlanta to get a better view of the two "love-birds". His head was being squished up against the open doorway by Atlanta's leg and his left eye was red. Soon enough, a cheer of woots and hollers leapt up and Jay and Theresa felt even more embarrassed. Their faces turned so red that it made Atlanta's own fiery red hair dull in comparison.
As it had turned out, when Jay had hit the wall behind them, only Neil, Archie, Atlanta, Herry, and Odie had heard and ran upstairs to see what the commotion was. They had clamored up the steps and burst open the door. But Jay and Theresa had been so occupied though that they had never even heard a thing. They hid behind the doorway and watched the action unfold. But as Archie's luck had had it, he had to go right beneath Atlanta and had been digging her elbow in his eye. His eye was now half closed and a painful red. He was currently glaring at Atlanta unmercifully.
"If looks could kill..." Jay thought as he looked at Archie evil eyeing Atlanta. Atlanta was smiling worriedly as she back away from her purple haired friend. After a few seconds of embarrassed silence, she bolted down the stairs. Archie ran after her and they heard the door slam as the most unlikely couple of the century raced out of the dorm.
Attention now off of Archie and Atlanta, Neil, Odie, and Herry turned back toward the other two and smirked. Theresa caught eye of Odie's PMR clenched in his fist. She motioned toward Jay and inconspicuously pointed at the small electronic device in his hand. Jay nodded and both made plans to raid his room later. And Theresa was sue that if they didn't, it would be sure to go into that photo album that she had found earlier.
"Hey. Would you two please mind getting a room?" Herry commented before leaving the roof and down to the party. The other two followed behind and closed the roof door. Jay and Theresa turned back to each other.
She hugged Jay glad to feel his warmth against her body again. Theresa smiled and silently whispered in his ear, "Do you know how long I've waited for you to say that?"
Jay smiled. So she had cared for him and a lot longer than he had expected. They both leaned in to kiss again, to have each other's lips against the other's. They kissed for what felt like an eternity to them before Theresa broke it. She immediately regretted it though. She hugged him closer to her.
"I love you too Jay,"

Aww. Too sweet. I'm not sure how this chapter turned out. I don't think this was my best and I think Jay was waay OOC in the beginning of this chapter. I think I should of brought Archie along instead and made him scare Theresa but I couldn't fix it. Wow. I'm done. I have finished this story. I'm not exactly sure though if this is a good thing. Yeah, and sorry for the long update. I had this chapter finished in my notebook for a long time but I just couldn't find time to type. I hope you all enjoyed my first ever story that was actually finished. And just to let you know. I'll probably be posting a couple of one shots before I post the sequel. And just like I promised, here's the riddle.
First think of the person who lives in disguise
Who deals in secrets and tells naught but lies.
Next, tell me what's always the last thing to mend
The middle of middle and the end of the end?
And finally give me the sound often heard
During the search for a hard to find word.
Now string them together and answer me this
Which creature would you be unwilling to kiss?
There. And since this is a riddle that you probably won't find I'll give you a hint. You'll know if you're a Harry Potter book fan. There is the hint no more. And the person who gives me the answer first will get all the stories I'm planning to write and they will be able to help me with them. As in giving me ideas. Now I should probably go and leave you to read other stories beside mine. Chow! Until next time!
Sign up to rate and review this story