Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Smile Like you Mean It. =]

Same Old. Or Same Different..

by TakeMeAway_X 1 review

I think I am in love with this chapter. Aaaand, I'm listening to American Idiot.. and I'm happy.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-10-11 - Updated: 2006-10-12 - 2748 words

0Unrated
Monday.
Rylan's celly vibrated ontop of her nightstand, waking her up at 5: 15. She groaned. Picking it up she saw it was from Brendon. i'm coming early it read. She called him back.
"Why?" She asked. He said he was outside her house and hung up. Rylan got out of bed and shuffled to the door to let him in.
"What's wrong, Bren?" She asked. He didn't look like he had slept all night.
"Me and my parents got in a fight last night, and I wanted to call you then but I didn't really want to wake you up with my stupid problems, but then I realized that, to them, my problem was you. And then I stayed up all night and realized they had actually given me only two choices-"
"Brendon, slow down. Come on." She took his hand and led him into her room. Rylan had on sweat pants and a green t-shirt on. Brendon was fully clothed. They sat on her bed.
"What was the fight about?" She started, rubbing her eye in a tired way.
"At dinner last night, my mom had said something about me and you and one thing led to another and she was saying we were way too close and my dad agreed and we started yelling. And they were saying that we hadn't been together that long, only like a couple of weeks and I was just like 'So?' because I mean, who cares? We're not having sex, we're just making out and who the hell cares about that? It's what kid's do! And I explained that to him and he had to go on and on about how one time when he was in Utah he had held hands with a girl and got in trouble and I told him thing's had changed since when he was my age and then it was just so stupid! And my mom had said something about me not being so close to you and with you all the time and I said no, that's not how it works. And then I said something about how your parents didn't have a problem with it and they shouldn't either and she said something about not letting my see you. And when they find out about yesterday, I'm not even going to be allowed to see you anymore and I can't do that, Rylan! I can't." he said, trying not to wake anyone else in the house. Rylan stared a blank expression and he looked at her.
"They want you to break up with me?"
"They didn't say that exactly, no. But they want me to not be around you so much."
"But- But you can't. I need you around, I feel normal when I'm around you and lately I've been feeling a lot better, Brendon, no." SHe whined, wanting to cry.
"I know, Ry. After a while they just sent me up to my room, and I couldn't sleep cause we fought for a long time and I was debating on whether or not to call you, and I didn't. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have just put this all on you like that." He rubbed his hands on his face and fell back so he was laying on the bed. She lay herself next to him and pulled over the covers.
"Brendon, you wouldn't break up with me, would you?"
"No, of course not. If I have to sneak around, I will."
"But Bren, they know every one in town and I know you try to keep it clean with your parents."
"Only because I don't want to have to go to church all the time, my parent's would perform a freaking excorsist if I did anything terrible. But I'm not going to not see you." His voice was tired and lazy. Rylan ran her fingers along the edges of his face and through his hair. Brendon looked into her eyes a little while and pulled her into a sweet kiss. He hugged her and they ended up drifting off to sleep until her phone alarm when off. She groaned, forgetting Brendon was there and turned it off. She saw him lying in her bed and smiled.
"You have to go so I can get dressed."
"Aww. Can't I watch?" She gave him a funny look and he hid under the blanket.
"Brendon!" She laughed. She walked over to the bed and he pulled her into a hug. They shared a moment of comfortable silence before she stood up again.
"Brendon, I have to get dressed now." She said, her voice soft. He nodded his head and went to stand outside of her bedroom door. She changed quickly and walked out to the kitchen, Brendon following her. She offered him Pop-Tarts, he took two packs.[[[Hehe.I Looooove hiiiim.]]] He wanted the whole box.. but no.
"I want to make a quick run to Starbucks, babe. You ready?" That was the second time he had called her babe.
"Mhm." She said, all sing-song. She grabbed her backpack and threw it in the back of his car and they drove to Safeway (Starbucks was located in the store.) They got their usual and drove to school.

School was the same. It's always the same. Same shit, different day. The same peppy cheerleaders and jocks, the same punk kidd's with peircings who judge you before you can say stereotype, the same nerds who hang around in groups of reading circles. Same old story.
"Can you come with me this weekend?" Brendon asked.
"Uhm.. where?" Rylan replied.
"To go see some old friends of mine."
"Wheeere?"
"Vegas."
"Vegas? Hmm.." He could tell by her first reaction her answer would be yes, she was just putting on an act. He smiled.
"Yay. I want a smoothie. Lets go to Juice Shack in Santa Rosa.. aaaaaaand then we can go to my house and do homework." Brendon was the type who's parents pushed for good grades. He got into the habbit of doing homework.
"Are your parents home?"
"Good point.."
"But I don't want to go home. Do we even have much homework?" No.
"No." Told you.
"So, then let's just go do something. Not that I have money or anything. But if you took me a run over to Step-Mom's shop, I could get some."
"I have to stop by my house too." Soo.. they went to go get moneys and stuffs. And then they drove to the mall.
"Let's go into Emo Store." Brendon said.
"Yaay." Was Rylan's reply. Emo Store was code for Hot Topic. They made it up one time when this huge group of kidd's from their school who, in fact, were Emo/Scene. It's the same. So they went in and Rylan found some good things. (Let's pretend HT isn't so FxCKING expensive. Kay?)
"What would you do if I started dressing like this?" She said, coming out of the fitting room wearing tight black straight pants, black Vans with rainbow stars on them, an Invader Zim shirt with Gir on it and a red headband. Oh so very Scene.
"I-.." He started. He was shocked, she looked amazing "I'd never be able to stop staring." Rylan smiled.
"Good. Cause I want these clothes. I like them." She flashed him a smile and he kissed her. Then he went to do a little shopping of his own. They both bought a start of a new wardrobe in which they both were interested in.
"My dad will take me back there.." She said. He chuckled and slipped his arm around her waste. These clothes weren't too far off from what they would normally wear.
"You hungry?" He asked. Rylan nodded and checked her celly for time. 5: 15. Brendon took her hand as they went into a pizza thing in the food quart.
"So, who's in Vegas?" Rylan started.
"My friends."
"You've established that. But who are they?" So, Brendon went on about his friends and a little later they left to go back to his place, his parents regaurdless.
"If they say anything, just don't talk, okay? If they have such a problem with us, they can talk to me civilly." Rylan nodded and they went in.
"Just put your stuff in the living room. I'll be right back, okay?"
"Okie." She sat on the couch and took out her binder from her backpack. Setting it on the coffee table, she realized that she didn't feel like she was supposed to be there. She had always felt so safe and comfortable there, like a real home for her. She had stayed nights there before, she had gone to their family events, and when they were younger, church. SHe had never felt uncomfortable there. Brendon walked into the room with an angry look on his face and sat down on the couch, Rylan shrugged her feeling off.
"What happened?"
"They aren't talking to me. They just sit there and don't even aknowlege my presence. My mom doesn't look at me, and my dad gives me this disgraceful look like I've shamed his family. But I don't understand how I could have done so. My first and only girlfriend, you'd think they'd be happy for me. But no. They can't wait till it's fucking over." He was so stiff and uptight.
"Brendon, just calm down. You know, maybe someone from the church said something to them and we have a reputation now. They could be really mad at you for that, they're strict with that kinda thing."
"It's bullshit, they should at least talk to me about it instead of just telling me to choose between them or my girlfriend. I can't do that."
"Brendon, please just let it go right now. I don't want to see you mad like this. You shouldn't have to be mad like this, please just put it off right now." She said hugging him.
"I'm sorry. It's just not fair, none of this ever happened to anyone else in my family. It just isn't fair." He loosened up a bit. She rubbed his arm with one hand and with the other caressed his cheek before kissing him sweetly. As she was about to pull apart, he placed his hand on her neck and pulled her closer. His breathing became heavier and uneven as he shifted his weight on her more.
"Brendon, no." She said, pushing him away. "I'm sorry, just.. this isn't the time or place, Bren." He kissed her cheek.
"Don't be sorry. Let's just do our homework." Brendon sounded miserable.
After their homework, Rylan packed up her stuff and Brendon drove her home. The entire ride was silent, you could barely even hear them breathing. Sometimes Rylan had to glance at him to make sure he still was. He pulled up to her house and they both just sat there. Brendon turned the car off after a minute.
"Brendon.. I-"
"Don't be sorry, don't be sympathetic, don't be anything. This isn't your fault, okay? I just have to work this out with them." He finally looked at her. He wasn't being mean, he was being sincere.
"You can stay here if you want, Bren. My mom won't care."
"But mine will."
"Brendon, I can't watch you turn from the boy I'm used to to this stressed out.. thing. Please stay here, just for tonight." There was a five minute silence.
"I'll be in in a minute, okay? I have to call my parents.." Rylan weakly smiled and leaned over to kiss him. Brendon kissed her once more and Rylan went inside.

"Mom?" Rylan called as she entered the front door.
"Hmm?"
"Brendon is going to stay the night. He isn't having a good time with his parents.. just for tonight."
"How long have you to been together?"
"Three weeks. Mom, we aren't doing anything and I asked him to stay. He's too worked up with his parents right now."
"Okay. Whateva." Rylan's mom, Mercedes (That's my mommy's name) had to be one of the coolest parents. And funny. Mercy (For short, duh) walked into her room, seeing as it was 9 30ish and everyone was going to go into their rooms anyway. Rylan walked into her room, set her stuff down and changed into her pajamas. Shorts and a spaghetti-strapped shirt that had Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas on it. She'd had that shirt since she was little, so it was kinda tight on her.

Brendon had been sitting in his car for about ten minutes thinking. Finally he dialed his home number and waited for a pick-up. He got a Hello and started talking.
"I'm staying the night at Rylan's house. And I know you're mad at me for whatever reason, but I'm not choosing between you and her. I can't do that, and I don't care what you think of me if I stay the night here. We aren't having sex, I've never even touched her. And if you're mad at me for the whole church thing, I'm sorry. We're just kidd's, okay? We're going to make out, but it's not going to get her pregnant nor is it gonna give us an STD or anything, okay? I'm sorry. And if you're mad at me for not choosing between you, well I'm sorry. But I can't be expected to choose between the most important people in my life, and if you can't accept that, then I guess you can't. But right now, I'm going to go sleep at my girlfriends house. Her mother is in the next room, so don't get any idea's. I'll see you in the morning if you're there when I go to pick up my stuff." With that he hung up and took a breath. Whichever one of his parents it was- he couldn't tell when they said hello, he was thinking of what to say- didn't even have a say on his descision. And he liked that. He liked being able to think for himself instead of his parents telling him how to run his life. Then he thought maybe that's why they were mad. Because he was the last of the kidd's in his family they had. And maybe they felt they had to control him to keep him. And him having a girlfriend and always being out meant they were losing control. Maybe.

"Hey." Brendon said, sitting on her bed.
"Hey." She sat down on her 'Official Gamer Chair' as she called it, it was a short rocking chair made of plastic all her brother's friends used when they came over to play Halo or GTA or Battle.. something or or other. Rylan was wearing boxer shorts, and she had long legs, so Brendon found it quite attractive that she was sitting in front of her with a too small shirt on and short shorts.
"Soo.. are you okay?"
"I don't know. I think maybe they're mad at me cause I'm the last one, you know? And I'm.. growing up or something."
"Well, Mister Grown Up, I'm kinda tired."
"Mkay. Give me a blanket."
"Why?"
"Cause.. I'll be cold if I don't have one?"
"But there's one right here."
"I'm sleeping in here?"
"Uhm.. why shouldn't you? You did this morning, didn't you?"
"Well, yeah but that was for like.. an hour if that. I didn't think you'd want to sleep in the same bed until we were together longer."
"Well.. you can sleep in the couch if you want.."
"I don't care. I'll sleep in here."
"I feel safer when you're right there next to me. Otherwise, your ass would be on the couch." He smiled Rylan stood up and Brendon grinned.
"You're sexy. I'm glad that's mine." He said, gesturing to her.
"Ugh!" She smiled "Brendon. I'm shocked. Well.. not really actually. Boys will be boys.." (haha. Listening to Time to Dance.)( :] ) Rylan got in bed and waited for Brendon to be done dressing, or undressing rather.
"Just boxers, Brendon?"
"You aren't going to make me sleep in pants and a shirt, are you? Ehh, that's so uncomfortable. Plus, I'm not wearing much less than you are." She playfully hit him.
"Sing me a song." She said, her eyes glowing from the full moon shining through the window.
"You're so beautiful, Rylan." His tone was soft and dreamy. He started to sing her a song and she closed her eyes and sighed. Brendon stopped after a while and kissed her cheek, then he tried to sleep. Success.
Sign up to rate and review this story