Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > [none]

Chapter 2- "Reno's Tumble"

by acireflux00 0 reviews

Story shifts to Reno as he explains what happened.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Fantasy, Humor - Characters: Reno, Other - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-10-17 - Updated: 2006-10-17 - 742 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2
-----------------------------------

"It's Tidus.." The blonde stated oddly to Reno. Reno growled and rose to his feet quickly, pointing an angry finger at him. "Where's Rude you asshole?!" Tidus folded his arms and glared at him. "Like if I know! I followed Auron here.. Where am I?!" He asked. Reno blinked and collected his thoughts. "Auron?! That's a weird name... Anyway I'm Reno.. Have you seen a cool looking guy named Rude? He's bald and wears these black shades.." He explained. Tidus scratched his head and wasn't sure what to say. "I, uh, well.. No I haven't.. I'm sorry. Uh, Auron is wearing red and has a scar and uh.." He seemed lost but was really just uncertain about his situation.

He smiled and turned away. "Well, wherever I am, it's just something new to add to my story. Nice meeting you Reno, good luck finding Rude!" He waved and started walking away. Reno ran after him and stopped him. "Hey don't go yet!!" Tidus stopped and looked at him. "What's up?" Reno eyed him. "Now that you mention it, I've never seen you around here before.. Are you a new Shinra worker?" Impossible since Rufus had shut down the Shinra Corporation a day after Sephiroth's death. Tidus was oblivious but answered truthfully. "No, I'm from Zanarkand. I play for the Besaid Aurochs! You might know me from blitzball!" He gloated proudly.

Reno didn't seem to understand him. He stared at him for a moment then turned away. "There's no Zanarkand here.. Nor Besaid Aurochs... And I've never heard of blitzball..." He felt bad for not being able to help but felt even worse about not being able to find Rude. Tidus patted him on the back, seeing the distress in his eyes. "You'll find him, don't worry! Well, be seeing you!" Just as he said that there was a loud crash as if a massive power wave smashed into the bridge they stood upon. They stumbled off their feet and looked around.

Somehow Tidus recognized that power and warned Reno. "You should go! Sin is coming!" Reno seemed baffled and staggered to his feet. "Sin? What's that supposed to mean?" As he said that the sky grew dark and a massive creature crept through the clouds, his shadow becoming more ominous as he moved closer. "We killed him once, we'll kill him again! This is why Auron brought me here! Alright dad, show me what you got!" He unsheathed his sword which was clear and gripped it hard at his side. Reno drew out his stick and stepped back looking back and forth from the creature to Tidus. "Dad?" He asked. Tidus looked too involved and didn't seem to hear him.

He turned his head and glared at Reno intensely. "You need to go! I don't want anyone to get involved who doesn't need to be!" He warned again. Reno shrugged and nodded. He hesitated though. "Are you sure you'll be okay." As he asked Tidus shot out with amazing power and slashed at Sin, ripping off large chunks of him. Reno nodded and turned climbing on his bike and revving it up. He took off, leaving Rude's behind. After a long distance he came to a stop and kicked the bike on the ground.

He cringed in pain and hopped on one foot before he lost his balance and tumbled down a steep hill. After a minute of disorientation he looked up and noticed he was in front of Cloud's HQ. He didn't immediately go to Cloud's door but instead pulled out his phone and dialed Rufus's number. After a few rings a man's voice answered. "Hello?" Reno smiled slightly. "Hey it's me.. Reno.. argh." "Ah, Reno. It's good to hear from you. How are things?" Reno hesitated then responded. "I think the world is coming to an end.. Sin is attacking." Is all he managed to get out. Rufus replied in monotone. "I think you're crazy... Where's Rude?" Reno felt a sharp pain in his chest and he stuttered. "He.. He's...n... not here. I lost... him." He finally said.

On the other side shuffling could be heard then silence followed by a heavy sigh. "As soon as you regain yourself return to my personal address." The phone disconnected and left a dead silence. Reno rolled on his back and blacked out waking up several days later in the same spot before he decided to crawl up to Cloud's door.
Sign up to rate and review this story