Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Teen Hearts Are Beating Faster and Faster

Chapter 7

by xxteenheartsxx 0 reviews

Spending time with Brendon. Only, in the hospital.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-28 - Updated: 2006-10-29 - 941 words

0Unrated
When I woke up, I was in some kind of room, in a white bed. Then I realized I was in a hospital. At first, I couldn't remember anything that had happened, and I was so confused as to why I was in this hospital. Then I remembered, and I sat out of bed and cried, "Brendon!"
A nurse immediately walked into the room, and asked, "What's wrong? Oh my goodness! You're awake!"
"Awake?! What do you mean, I'm awake? How long have I been here? And where's Brendon? Is he okay?"
"Sweetheart, you need to calm down, or you're going to give yourself a heart attack. Now, you've only been here for about two days, and-"
"TWO DAYS! How could I have been asleep for two days?!"
"Well, you took a pretty hard blow to the head, and your extremely lucky you didn't go into a coma, because you have a concussion, and sleeping will put you in a coma if you have a concussion. As for Brendon, well, why don't you ask him yourself when he wakes up from his nap?" She pointed to my right, where I surprisingly hadn't seen Brendon sleeping on a bed next to me.
"Oh my god, Brendon. Oh, what happened?"
"Well, we don't know for sure. We don't even know who called 911, but someone did, and ambulance came and got you."
"Where is my nana and my sister?"
"Well, they've been here constantly since you arrived, and we told them to go home for now, and that if something happened, we'd call them." She smiled at me and it made me sick.
"Well?"
"Well, what?"
"Well, aren't you going to call them? Something did happen you know?"
"Yes, but-"
"But nothing. Get to it." She walked out of the room, but not before she gave me a nasty look. Who cares? I may have been a little harsh, but I was unconscious for two days, and now I'm pretty pissed. I looked over at Brendon, who was still sleeping. I really hoped he would wake soon, cause I needed, and wanted to know what happened that night.
I was laying still in my bed and thinking about everything when I heard Brendon starting to move. I looked over, and sure enough, he was waking up. He sat up suddenly and looked at me. "Brendon! Are you okay?"
"Amber! Oh my god, I'm so happy to see that you're okay! You were a lot worse than I was! Are you okay?"
"Well, I have a huge headache, and a few bruises, but other than that, I'm fine. But again, are you okay?"
"Who, me? Hell yea! Of course I'm okay! Did you think you could hurt the almighty and powerful Brendon? No way man!" He kinda laughed, but I could tell it hurt him. He saw that I knew that he was hurting, so he tried to cover it up with a weak, but comforting smile.
"Oh, excuse me for not knowing that almighty one."
"That's okay. You're forgiven." This time I laughed, and he smiled at me. We were quiet for about 5 minutes, when I suddenly realized that I had been waiting for Brendon to wake up for a reason.
"Um, Brendon?"
"Hm?"
"Well, could you tell me what happened, exactly?"
He sighed. "Okay. Well, you obviously know that someone else was up there besides us. Well, he came up behind you, and hit you over the head with a pipe. I didn't see him, until it happened. You went down, and then I charged at him. I got the pipe out his hands, and then we started beating each other up. Then, I got the advantage to get under him, and I threw him against the wall. That's when I realized that someone else had come up to help him. He saw what I did to his friend, and he ran down the stairs. I chased him all the way down, until he fell, and I got him. I was making sure he was out, when I remembered that you were still on the roof. So, I ran into the building and called 911, and told them that you were on the roof. Almost 3 seconds later, while I was walking towards the stairs, I passed out. Guess I was fighting harder than I thought."
"Oh, Brendon. Thank God you're okay."
"Trust me. I was the least bit worried about me. I was only passed out until I was in the ambulance. You've been out for a couple of days. You sure you're feeling alright?"
"Yes, Brendon. I'm okay." I sighed. "Why did they do that?"
"Well, Amber, I really don't know. Maybe they just wanted to beat up people, and we were there for them. I truly don't know." Just then, Rachel and my nana walked in.
"Amber!" Rachel cried and she walked over and gave me a big hug. "You're okay!"
"Yep, just fine."
"Oh honey, I was so worried about you! We all were!" my nana said.
"Well, I'm much better now, so, you don't have to worry as much."
"It's a good thing you had a big strong gentleman like Brendon to save you," she said, looking at Brendon.
"Yes it is." I turned to look at him and I could see that he was blushing. Oh well, after all the times that I was embarrassed, he'll be able to handle it.
"Well, come on Rachel. We should leave these two alone."
"But-"
"No buts. You're coming now."
"Fine." They walked out of the room, and it was just Brendon and I again, alone in this room in a hospital.
Sign up to rate and review this story