Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Teen Hearts Are Beating Faster and Faster

Chapter 8

by xxteenheartsxx 0 reviews

Brendon and Amber spend time together in the hospital, but then it has to end.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-10-29 - Updated: 2006-10-29 - 854 words

0Unrated
Luckily, I was only in the hospital for about another two days, which is still a long time, but the doctors had to make sure that I was okay. But, I got to stay there with Brendon, so that was defiantly fun. We joked around and laughed a lot, and we also talked about out personal lives and families. At one point, I asked him why he was willing to be so open with me, and replied,
"Well, were in a hospital room together because we were in an "accident" together. How much closer can we get?" We laughed again, and it was all good. He talked about his mom and dad and how they didn't approve of him not going to college to stick the band, but that now they support him all the way. "So," he said. "What about your parents?"
"Oh, well, my dad lives somewhere in Manassas, Virginia, but I'm not really sure where. And my mom, well, um......" I really didn't want to talk about it, and I gave a look to Brendon that told him that.
"You can tell me anything, Amber." So I did.
"I don't really know where she is. A couple years ago, my nana kicked her out of the house because she found a bunch of drugs and alcohol in her room. So, she was out. I kept in touch with her for a while afterward, but then she quit her job and disappeared. Every now and then she'll stop by the house, but my nana won't let us see her, because she doesn't think she deserves to see us."
"And that room in your house, the one at the back of the hallway, that was hers wasn't it?"
"Yea. It was hers. No one has been in there since she got kicked out. It's to sad."
"Amber I'm so sorry. I had no idea."
"No, it's okay Brendon. It was two years ago."
"But I shouldn't have tried to pull it out of you, I could tell you didn't want to talk about it." He got out of his bed and came over and laid down in mine. He put his arm around me, and we laid like that for hours.
We left the hospital together, and Brendon came home with us. The other guys (who did come and visit Brendon as much as possible and had to postpone a couple concerts) were going to meet us at my house. We got to the house to find that the guys were already there, but it's not like it mattered.
"Hey guys!" Ryan yelled as were pulling up.
"Hey!" we both said at the same time. Then we looked at each other and laughed. I know, really corny. but hey, we did spend like two, well, two conscious days in a hospital together.
"Okay....." Ryan said and we laughed again. We all went inside and sat on the back porch for a little while before they had to leave.
"Now listen, I'm not going to leave you and have you be crying like you were last time. It just doesn't work for me," Brendon said as they were getting ready to leave. "Okay?" He smiled at me and I smiled back.
"Yes, sir."
"Good. Why don't we go to a movie tomorrow night?" Hm, well, I think I had class, but I could skip it for one more day.
"Okay, sure."
"Okay. I'll be here around 7:00 then?"
"7 is good."
"Good. Well, bye then."
"Bye." I watched as he and the other guys got into the car, and even though I was going to see him tomorrow night, I still didn't want him to go. They were getting ready to pull out, and I was getting ready to go inside when the car stopped and Brendon got out. He walked up to me and I asked, "What's wrong?"
"I forgot something."
"Oh, what did you forget?"
"This," and he leaned in and kissed me. Then he smiled and walked back to the car, leaving me there floating with my stomach in knots.
"Oh, Brendon." I said to myself as I walked inside. When I opened the door, I saw Rachel standing at the window watching me. "Rachel!"
"Hey, you're the one kissing in plain view."
"What I do is none of your business!"
"Whatever." and she walked upstairs. Then I laughed because I didn't know what else to do. I just stood there laughing for like 5 minutes thinking that that did not just happen, because that would mean the whole thing was a dream.
"Amber?"
"Yes, Nana?"
"Come here please." I walked into the living room where my nana was.
"What is it?"
"Your college professor called and asked if you were coming back to class tomorrow. Are you going?"
"Well, I don't think I'm ready to go back yet. What about the day after tomorrow?"
"Why aren't you ready? You couldn't wait to get out of the hospital!"
"Well, yea, but, well, I just don't feel like it."
"Okay." I walked upstairs and collapsed onto my bed, and then fell asleep a minute later.
Sign up to rate and review this story