Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Teen Hearts Are Beating Faster and Faster

Chapter 10

by xxteenheartsxx 0 reviews

Julie and Amber have an argument, and there is an unfortunate ending.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-10-29 - Updated: 2006-10-29 - 2049 words

0Unrated
I was really nervous about going back to the house, because I didn't know what was going to happen, and it scared me. I mean, surely my own nana couldn't just kick me out of the house? I would probably end up on the streets! And she wouldn't let that happen! Would she? We pulled up to my house, so I was about to find out.
Brendon turned off the car and looked at me. "Are you ready?"
"No. But I can't live on the streets, so I have to do this."
"Okay, then let's go inside." We all got out of the car and walked up to my front door. I felt a lot better than I would've if my friends weren't here to back me up. I unlocked the door and went inside. The house was quiet and since no one came to see who had just opened the door, I assumed that my nana was on the back porch. So, I headed towards the back porch.
"Amber?" my nana called. "Is that you?"
"Yes, nana." She came rushing off the porch and hugged me.
"I was so worried about you." I stood there in shock because it didn't occur to me that she was worried at all.
"You were?"
"Of course honey! You know I would never kick you out the house!" I spent all day worrying and crying about nothing? How gay is that? "I thought you had left me, and I was so worried!"
"So, your not mad?"
"No! Besides, it was me who got a little out of hand. I should respect your decisions because it is your life. Now, I see you've brought all of your friends, so why don't we have some tea and cookies?"
"Ha-ha, sounds good to me!" Ryan said. So, everything turned out to be all right after all, and we all had tea and cookies, funny as that sounds.
It was about 10, when my nana kindly suggested that everyone go home. So, respecting her wishes, Brendon said they would go.
"Oh, Brendon?" My nana said.
"Yes?"
"Could I have a word with you?" He looked at me, but I didn't even hear my nana call him, because I was listening to Julie talk about how cool Ryan was.
"Sure." Brendon walked over to her, and she whispered something in his ear, but again, I didn't notice. I also didn't notice that the smile on his face quickly turned into a frown. Brendon came back and put his arm on my shoulder while I said bye to Ryan and Julie. Then, I walked outside with him, and he kissed me and said goodnight.
"I'll call you tomorrow," he said as he walked to his car.
"Okay," I called and waved bye to all of them. I went inside and said goodnight to my nana, and went upstairs and feel asleep.
The next day I had a class at 11, so I went to that, and I did okay, although it was still very hard to concentrate, but oh well. I got back around two and found Brendon waiting at my house for me.
"Hey," he called as I pulled into the driveway.
"Hey you."
"Do you wanna do something?"
I smiled. "And what if I said no?"
"If I thought you were going to say no, then I wouldn't have asked you." He smirked at me and then I laughed.
"Oh fine. If you insist."
"Okay, then, what do you want to do?"
"Well, actually today I was gonna go visit my best friend in the world, Natasha. She was on vacation and she just got back yesterday."
"I thought Julie was your best friend?"
"No, Julie is my really close friend, but no one will ever be as close as Natasha."
"Okay, well then, we'll go visit her. I'll treat you guys to a day out."
"Well, what if we go shopping?"
"Then I'm treating you guys to a day of shopping."
"Oh Brendon. Why are you so perfect?"
"Well, I don't know. I just am."
"Shut up you dummy," and I kinda hit him on the shoulder as we laughed. Then we kissed and we stood like that for about 5 minutes.
"Well, Amber, if you wanna see Natasha, then we better get going." So, we got into his car and drove to Natasha's apartment, which was only 5 minutes away. When we got there, we walked up to the door and knocked on the door. Now, I hadn't told her about Brendon, so you can imagine how shocked she was.
"BER! Oh my god! I missed you so much! Is that? No! It can't be!"
"It is Natasha. The one and only Brendon Urie."
"Wow. Really? Well, it's nice to meet you Brendon Urie. I'm Natasha." That's what I love about her. She knows how to act calm, like me, instead of freaking out like Julie or Rachel.
Brendon just looked at me for a second cause I guess he didn't know if she was being serious. I guess he forgot how to act around people who aren't screaming there heads of at the sight of him. But a second later he was fine. "It's nice to meet you too, Natasha."
"Amber! How come you didn't tell me you were dating an artist?"
"How did you know we were dating?"
"Uh, girl please. It's not that hard to figure out. Besides, if you weren't dating, I don't think Brendon would have just come with you to see me." I looked at Brendon and at the same time he looked at me, and we blushed. "Aw, you two even have the couple blush down. How cute!"
"Natasha, you are amazing."
"Yea, I know. Anyway, what are we doing today?"
"Well, Brendon said he would treat us to a day of shopping if we wanted it."
"Ha, just lemme grab my purse and we're out of here!" So we left Natasha's house and went to the mall.
Luckily, not too many people recognized Brendon when he put on sunglasses, not that there were too many people to recognize him, but still. He is like the idol of a lot of teens. But, we had a fun time. Brendon actually seemed to enjoy himself watching us shop, because he would make fun of us and stuff like that. At least he wasn't bored.
We bought a lot of things, but Brendon insisted that we did, so, we did. After we finished shopping, we went to dinner, and Natasha talked to Brendon about things, which was cool cause your best friend has to like your boyfriend. But, eventually, it was around 11, and Natasha said she had to go home, cause she had to go to work tomorrow. So, we went to her house, and I walked her up to her door.
"Well, I approve of Brendon."
"I'm glad."
"It's not like it would've mattered, seeing as how you've already slept with him, more than once I might add."
"How did you know that?"
"I have my ways. There are signs girl. Besides, I'm your best friend. You can't hide anything from me."
"Oh Natasha. I love you girl."
"I love you too. Call me tomorrow, cause we need to hang, just the two of us."
"Okay, I will."
"Bye Ber."
"Bye." I walked back to the car, and I decided I didn't want to go home. "Brendon?"
"Yea?"
"Can I stay with you tonight?"
"Well, I don't know if that's such a good idea."
"What? Why not?"
"Well...........you know what? Never mind. Sure you can stay with me." He smiled, but it was uneasy, which I didn't like, but I didn't ask him about it. So, I went to the bus with him and we were gonna sneak into the bus, but Ryan, Spencer, and Jon were on the couch playing video games.
"Do you know what time it is, young man?" Ryan asked as we walked onto the bus.
"You guys are supposed to be sleeping."
"It's not like we don't know that she's on the bus, or what you two do," Spencer said and they all laughed.
"Shut up idiot," Brendon said. "Come on. We don't have to talk to these losers." He grabbed my arm and pulled me to the back of the bus were the rooms were. We went into an empty one and fell asleep in each other's arms.
The next morning was wonderful, as always when I wake up with Brendon's arms.
"Morning baby," Brendon said.
"Morning."
"Let's go out there."
"Okay." So we got dressed and went out into the living room where we sat together on the couch, just talking. He kept looking at me really weird, and I didn't like it.
"Brendon, is something wrong?"
"Uh, no. Why would you think that?"
"Because of the way you've been acting lately. Is there something you're not telling me?"
"No! Of course not!"
"If you say so."
"Hey Amber?"
"Hey Brendon?"
"Do wanna get some lunch later?"
"Sure." Just then, Ryan walked out, followed by Julie. "Julie?!"
"Amber?!"
"Ryan!" Brendon yelled.
"Julie, please tell me that you didn't- oh god!" I yelled.
"Well, it's just......you see......I was lonely and......"
"And what?! You just decided to call Ryan and ask if you could come over and sleep with him?!"
"Well, what about you?"
"What about me?"
"Your sleeping with Brendon!"
"So? At least I know him!"
"Hardly!"
"How would you know?!"
"Now ladies!" Ryan said. "Let's just calm down here!"
"Ryan!" Brendon yelled again. "Why would you do this?"
"Do what?"
"Take advantage of her!"
"I did no such thing! She called me and asked if she could come over, so I said yes! There's nothing wrong with that!"
"You knew damn well what was going to happen! You could've told her not to come over!"
"And what, seem really mean?! Besides, we're adults! We can make our own decisions!"
"ENOUGH!" Jon yelled from the doorway. "You guys have some issues you need to work out, and you need to stop yelling at each other. Now, tell me what happened. Amber, you first."
"Well, Brendon and I were sitting here, when Ryan and Julie walked out."
"And?"
"Well, they slept together!"
"So what? They are adults, and they can do what they want, and you should mind your own business."
"Yea, but she's my friend and I'm just trying to look out for her!"
"I understand, but I think she's smart enough to know what's right for her. Now, I want you to apologize."
I looked at Julie. "Aw man. Julie, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get in your business. I was just being protective. Forgive me?"
"Of course. And I'm glad that your looking out for me, but I'm a big girl and I know what I'm doing." Then she turned to Brendon. "And you shouldn't be mad at Ryan, because he wasn't taking advantage of me, I was taking advantage of him. I shouldn't have asked him if I could come over, because I also knew what was going to happen, and I didn't care. But I trust Ryan, even though I've only known him for a short while, he seems nice and gentlemanly, and plus, if he's your best friend, than he can't be too bad."
"Yea," Brendon said. "I guess your right. Sorry Ry."
"Eh, that's okay. I was also wrong by letting you come over here, Julie, but I really you."
"Okay," Jon said. "Now we're one big happy family again."
So, Julie and Ryan morning and afternoon together, although they had rehearsal at three, so it was early afternoon. And Brendon and I walked around and then went to lunch, He had still been acting weird, like looks like he's gonna say something, and then doesn't. And then there's those looks he keeps giving me. I really wish I knew what was wrong. So, after we ordered our food, I confronted him about again.
"Brendon, seriously. What is wrong with you?"
He sighed. "Oh Amber."
"What?! What is it?!"
"I don't know how to tell you this, but-" I really didn't like the sound of that, and I was about to cry.
"But what?! Brendon what's wrong?"
"Amber, I don't think we can be together anymore."
Sign up to rate and review this story