Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Teen Hearts Are Beating Faster and Faster

Chapter 11

by xxteenheartsxx 0 reviews

Amber and Brendon have an unfortunate split, with no reason told, but Amber goes to a party with Ryan, that she knows Brendon will be at.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-10-29 - Updated: 2006-10-29 - 1402 words

0Unrated
I just looked at Brendon. I didn't know what to say, and I could feel my eyes swelling up.
"What?" I whispered.
He gave me a very sympathetic look, but it wasn't helping. "I don't think we can be together anymore. I mean, you're a great person, and I have the best times when I'm with you, but, well, it's just not going to work out."
"But why? What's wrong with me? What did I do?"
"Oh Amber. It's not you, honestly. It's me. Trust me, you are perfect, more than I could ever wish for. But it can't go on from here."
"Brendon, I don't understand."
"I know, and it's not very easy to understand, but you just have to accept it." By that time I was crying, and not very softly either. I was trying to contain myself a little but until we got home, because we were in public. "Are you okay?"
"Am I okay? What makes you think you have the right to ask that?"
"Amber-" he tried to grab my arm, but I pulled away.
"Just take me home."
"Amber-"
"NO! Take me home now!"
"Okay." So, he paid for the bill, and we got up and went to his car. He took me home, and when we got there, he tried to say goodbye. "Amber, I didn't want it to be like this, but I had to do it."
"Brendon, that is bull-shit."
"No, it's not. I love you Amber, and I wanted to be with you, but, well, it's just too complicated."
"Whatever. Just leave."
"Bye Amber." I just started walking towards my door. I didn't say anything, didn't look back, just left him there.
"I love you," he whispered to himself.
"I love you," she whispered to herself. And then Brendon got into his car and drove away.
The next day or two were horrible. All I did was sulk around the house and be miserable. I told my nana about Brendon breaking up with me, and she said that she was so sorry, and if there was anything she could do to help, just let her know. And of course Rachel sympathized, but she didn't know how much went on between Brendon and I, she thought it was just some fling. But it wasn't. I loved him and I knew it. How could he do this to me? He was the first and only person I ever loved, and he used me.
I had just got back from a class at the college, which didn't go to well, when my phone rang. I looked at it, and it said it was Ryan. So, I flipped it open. "Hello?"
"Hey Amber."
"Oh, hi Ryan."
"What's up?"
I sighed. "Nothing."
"Are you okay?"
"Yea, I'm just dandy."
"Good. Well, I was wondering if your coming to the party tonight?"
"Party?"
"Yea. Brendon didn't tell you about it?" Aw, so he didn't know that Brendon had broken up with me. But how could he not know? Why wouldn't Brendon tell him? Well, I'll play along.
"Oh yea, that party. I just forgot for a second."
"Oh, okay. So are you going?"
"Uh," well, what did I have to lose. If and when I see Brendon, well, it'll show him. "Yea. I'm going."
"Okay, good."
"Hey, Ryan?"
"Yea?"
"Do you think that you could give me a ride?"
"Uh, sure, I guess."
"And Ryan?"
"Yes?"
"Do you think we could bring a few friends?"
"I guess so."
"Okay, that's great."
"I'll be there at 7."
"Good."
"Bye."
"Bye." Well, I was going to a party, where Brendon was, with Ryan. Well, technically I'm not going with Ryan. But I can still tell that to Brendon. We're definitely going to get Julie, because she was Ryan's girlfriend. But I also wanted to get Natasha. So, I got ready, and when Ryan showed up at 6:45, we left. We went to get Julie, and of course he knew where she lived, but I had to show him how to get to Natasha's house.
We showed up at the party at 7:30, and there were a lot of people there from bands, which was pretty awesome. When we walked in, the first couple people we saw were none other the members of Fall Out Boy! I was excited cause I loved them too! But, I saw Julie when she saw Pete, and it wasn't good. She got that look she gets when she likes someone, and I couldn't let her do that to Ryan, not after how nice he's been to me. So, I watched her closely throughout the night.
After much chatting and meeting people and moving around, I finally saw Brendon. He was talking to Patrick Stump when he spotted me also. He turned white, and he ran over to me.
"What are you doing here?"
"Ryan invited me."
"I can't believe he would do that!"
"I can't believe you didn't tell your best friend that you broke up with me!" And then I walked away, once again leaving him there.
I saw Julie many times going up to Pete, and flirting with him. Most times, I always came up, so that they wouldn't be alone, because if Julie advances on Pete, he'll advance back. He doesn't know that Julie is dating Ryan. But unfortunately one time I was talking to somebody and out of the corner of my eye I saw them slip away into an empty room. I couldn't just leave because the person I was talking to wouldn't have understood, but I left as soon as I could.
A lot of the doors in the hallway were closed, but I could here Julie's stupid little giggle. I went to the door and pushed it open. Sure enough, there was Julie and Pete, lying on the bed playing tongue hockey with each other. At first, they didn't notice me, but then Pete saw me and jumped up.
"Amber!" he cried. Julie looked around and when she saw me she also cried my name.
"Julie, what is wrong with you?"
"Amber, I-"
"No, seriously. How can you call myself your friend when you're nothing but a whore."
"Oh Amber, it's not like that, you-"
"Save it. I don't care. And Pete. Poor little Pete. I guess she didn't tell you that she's going out with Ryan."
He looked at her and said, "What?! Julie! How could you?!"
"Um, I don't know. It didn't seem that hard."
"Well, I'll leave you two to do, whatever, while I go break the bad news to Ryan."
"No Amber, you can't. He'll break up with me!"
"Then WHY did you cheat on him?"
"Well, it seemed right at the time......."
"Ug, whatever." And I left the room to go find Ryan. I didn't want to be mean, but Julie just crossed the line. Ryan is so nice, and deserves way better than that slut. I found Ryan standing in a corner, talking to Spencer. "Ryan?"
"Yea?"
"Um, could I have a word with you? In private?" I looked at Spencer.
"Oh, yea, sure. I'll just , um, go over here." Spencer said as he walked away.
"What's up?"
"Ryan, I don't know how to tell you this but-"
"Wait you're not breaking up with me are you?" He smiled at me, and I tried to smile back, but this wasn't really funny.
"Ryan. Come one, this is serious."
"Okay okay. What is it?"
"It's Julie."
"What about her? Did she get hurt?"
"No, no, nothing like that. It's just, well, I saw her and Pete go off together, and then I followed them, and then, well, I opened the door to this room, and-" I almost started crying.
"And what?"
"Well, they were lying on the bed, and they were making out and groping each other, and-" By now, I was crying.
He put his arm around me. "Oh my god. Is that true?"
"Yea. I wouldn't lie."
"No, I know you wouldn't. Okay. Where are they now?"
"Last time I saw, they were in the bedroom, but hopefully they left. Cause when Pete found out she was dating you, he immediately was disgusted." Now he had both arms around me and we were hugging.
"Okay. You stay here. I'm going to talk with Julie."
"Okay." I looked around, and was very surprised to see Brendon staring at us, probably wondering what was going on.
Sign up to rate and review this story