Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying

Your Secret's Out

by Blood_Red_Summer 2 reviews

just a continuation on you at your new school, and your thoughts on the group. THANK YOU MY DEAR READERS, YOUR REVIEWS KEPT ME GOING, KEEP THEM COMING!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-31 - Updated: 2006-10-31 - 622 words

0Unrated
ROXY'S POV
So this Peter guy wants to talk to me. I was pretty surprised because he seems kind of cocky, but it's not him I'm interested in, it's his friend Patrick.

"So, hi, I'm Pete, and this is Patrick," who gave a slight wave and grinned self-consciously, "Andy," who nodded, "and Joe," he pointed to the fro guy.

I looked him over and said, "Nice shoes," and nodded to his Vans. "I have a pair like that at home, but instead of bats they're stars."

"Oh, Thanks! Actually, I was trying to say the same to you, but couldn't get it out right. I like your tattoos too, where'd you get them done?" We started down the hall and took a left in the main hallway.

"I have a friend back home. You're going to laugh, but I'm from Door County, Wisconsin." He stared at me blankly. "And that means nothing to you, right?"

"Pretty much."

"Okay, here's the main idea. Door County is the peninsula of Wisconsin. Like this," I held up my hand like a mitten and pointed to my thumb. "That's where it is. On Good Morning America, we made, like, number five on the top fifteen vacation sites in the US. Pretty much Tourist Trap, Wisconsin."

"Oh, that's cool." And that's how I could tell that he really didn't get it.

Patrick actually decided to prove that he was capable of speaking. "Oh, so a hick town? All countryside and whatnot?" Wow! He got it in one!

"Hey, you're smart!" I winked at him and caused him to turn red and advert his eyes while readjusting his glasses. "Um, would you guys want to come over to my house today, we can walk there from here. I mean, it's only because my mother is busying herself with setting up play dates for me, because she thinks that I'm incapable of choosing my own friends when she should be worried about finding some for herself."

"Why does she think that?" Joe asked.

"Just because the last group I chose were my age and got into trouble with drugs; drinking; smoking, and not always cigarettes; and cops, she took it upon herself to lock me in my room until she comes up with some "suitable" friends. But I have reminded her time and time again that I don't touch any of that and never got into cop trouble because I don't want to end up like her, but she doesn't believe me."

"Cop trouble? Like her? Am I being nosey?" Pete rested his chin on my shoulder as I dug through my locker.

"No, it's fine. If we're going to become tight friends I should tell you. Are we going to become friends?" I want to know before I go spilling all of my secrets to near strangers. They all nodded solemnly, and Patrick's eyes showed slight fear. "Well," I stopped and heaved a sigh that must have sounded to weigh a ton. I was unable to keep it in, this story is running ragged after the countless times I used it against my mother. "Mamma's an alcoholic, and I know for a fact that she did some hardcore drugs in her teen years, a.k.a., the seventies. Like, heroin-and-coke hardcore. Throughout my life, roughly half of it, she's been in jail for mostly DWI's and shit of the like. Just a lot of shit." The warning bell rang, and I announced that I had Chemistry next, and would anyone please help me find the right room? Patrick (I heart him) came to my rescue and said that he had the same, so see you guys around. Then he gently grabbed my arm and lead me to Chem.
Sign up to rate and review this story