Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying

Because We're Just So Bored

by Blood_Red_Summer 1 review

thanks for reviewing! they really do help my esteem in the writing portion, esp. seeing as i want to be an author.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-31 - Updated: 2006-11-01 - 679 words

0Unrated
PATRICK'S POV
I am leading the most beautiful girl I know by the arm to chemistry. How fitting. Where did I get this confidence? That's a foreign feeling. She's got to have a boyfriend back in Door County. Come on now, how much more unique can you get than pink hair?

"So, are you all really going to come to my house?" she asked rather timidly for someone with a dragon tattooed on her face.

"Yeah, of course. Why not?" She gave me such a blinding smile that I felt like her hero. Then she further linked and tightened her arm on mine and leaned her head on my shoulder. Wow. I think I might pass out.

"Way to go, Patrick! Whoot!" Some cat calls came from down the hall as random friends saw me with the new girl's head so close to mine. It definitely made my day.

"Thanks," she whispered as we separated at the door.

I sat down in my desk and called across the room to her, "Thanks to you too, now I'm lonely!" she laughed then subsided to giggles when the teacher entered.

ANDY'S POV
I sat at the drum set and started twirling the sticks around my fingers, then launched into the special cadence that the Percussion Brigade came up with. Roxy entered the room and that immediately caught my attention. She noticed me at the same time and waved, but headed to the back room to put her instrument together. Hmm, wonder what she plays? She looks like a hardcore rock guitar player, not that we need any in marching band.

She reemerged from the back room carrying a small curved soprano saxophone. When she took her seat she immediately made new friends, because the people sitting around her asked about her unique sax. Not only were there few sopranos (hers and the conductors were the only ones, actually), but hers was a shiny, metallic black with silver keys and details. That was cool.

"So, Roxy, I hear that you're the new girl, so why don't you tell us something about yourself? Are you an artist?" he noticed her tattoos and hair. Then again, who couldn't? Roxy smirked in a slightly cocky way and stood up.

"Well, I'm from Door County, Wisconsin, and I have three younger sisters, two of whom are twins, and one older half-sister. In my spare time I practice my sax, draw, write short stories, read and sew my own clothes." She bowed and sat back down, carefully setting the small saxophone in her lap. He nodded and passed her new music back. Roxy put the music in her folder and sneaked a look back at me. I grinned and gave her the thumbs-up. She smiled back and I soon found out that she had a solo in the first piece we played. As any professional would do, she stood up again and belted out her part with the skill of a blues master. The applause was massive when she took her seat again, and even a few "ow-OW!"s were called out to her. She took it all in stride, though, and nearly ignored the attention.

JOE'S POV
So this new girl has the same art classes as me. That's cool, now I finally get to talk to her. The art guru of the school, Mr. Thompson, but he insists "Call me Dave, Sweetheart," is quite clearly gay. So when the new chick Roxy came in in all her pinkness, he was in love with her image.

"Oh, Honey! Who-are-you and where have you been all my life?" He giggled as did she, and you could tell that she was right at home with his gayness.

"Hello, I'm Roxy!" she waved unnecessarily and he introduced himself as, what else, Dave.

"Where did you get those awesome tattoos, dear?" he grabbed her hands and led her over to the easel, something that no one else in this class was allowed to touch because we're all 'amateurs', but even without knowing her, she was soo far more advanced. Wonderful.
Sign up to rate and review this story