Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Smile Like you Mean It. =]

Father Figures are for Fairy Princesses.

by TakeMeAway_X 1 review

They should have the Genre of Teen.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-11-10 - Updated: 2006-11-11 - 692 words

0Unrated
NOTE: The things with Rylan's dad, are based on my dad. The exact scenario was just happening a half hour ago.

Rylan woke up the next morning once again, and looked at her alarm. It was Monday, but it was a break off of school so she slept in 'till 11oo. Her thoughts of the dream she had died as she saw the cause of her wakening. Phone.
"Whaat? Brendon, I was sleeping."
"Hi Rylan." It was Ryan.
"Oh! Hi Ryan!" She sounded overly excited, "Uhh.. why did you call? What are you boys up to?" She asked, embarrassed of the previous thing she had said.
"We're outside you're bedroom door." She could hear the grin in his voice. She got out of bed and opened the door. She opened it and they were all wearing really really creepy clown masks. Rylan screamed and jumped. Brendon took off his mask and hugged her.
"You asshole, I hate clowns!"
"I'm sorry, baby." He kissed her and she squirmed out of his embrace.
"It was my idea, I'm sorry, Ry." Ryan said, giving his mask to Brendon and the other two following.
"Oh, it's okay." Brendon put on an irritated look. So it's okay for him to scare you, but not your boyfriend? he thought. Bullshit.
"We wanted togo see a movie." Jon says.
"Uhmm. Okay. I'd kind of have to change. And get money."
"Don't worry about money." Brendon says. She smiled, he did too.
"Okay, lemme change, alright?" Brendon nodded and she kissed him. He felt better. Rylan changed and came out when she heard the home-phone ring. It was her mom, just checking in. She asked to talk to her dad and when he got the phone, the conversation started off fine, then he brought something up and it turned into some stupid fight and his voice was just so.. scary that even if you didn't know him, or he wasn't talking to you, you'd start crying. So Rylan did, she started crying. He knew she was right there listening, yet he had to call her mom names like 'cunt' and say nasty things because he thinks he's the better person in the world. Hah. Yeah right.
Rylan left the room and passed the living room where the boys were, ecxept Brendon who followed her upstairs. He had overheard the phonecall.
"Rylan?" he called, running up stairs to her room. She didn't lock the door and he was thankful.
"Rylan?" She was crying. It wasn't the fact that he scared her anymore, it was the whole deal of him not being able to let anything go and always taking it out on her mom. And the fact that he considers his new wife her mom, when she clearly isn't.
"Rylan, you okay?" He was nervous to ask. No response. Brendon sat on the floor next to her and pulled her into an embrace.
"It's okay, sweetie. Rylan, it's okay." He rocked her back and forth and tears were wetting his shirt. "Just breathe, Ry. Just breathe, it's okay. He's just an asshole and you know that. He's never changed and he'll always be the same, you shouldn't feel this way anymore everytime he yells, sweetie." She liked the sound of his voice called her Sweetie. Especially when he was using a soft tone like now.
"I know, but," pause, "I hate him."
"I know.. Shh. It's okay, you're going to your mom's tonight, I'll stay over if it's okay." Rylan looked up, tears spilling out of her eyes at a slower pace now. She looked at him like she needed him to be holding her at that very moment. Like she only needed him and if he was gone, she'd be nothing.
"Okay." She said softly. Brendon whiped off her tears and kissed her sweetly. They stood up and hugged and she went into the bathroom to reapply make up. Downstairs she brought her things and went to tell her dad she was leaving for the week and she'd see him next week.
"Bye Matt."
"What happened to Dad?"
"What Dad?" She said, and they left before he could say anything.
Sign up to rate and review this story