Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Seto Kaiba Does Not Cuddle

Chapter Nine: Late Nights

by LilyChan 0 reviews

A collection of drabbles, vignettes and short stories about how Seto Kaiba is not cuddly. Challenge fanfic from the LJ community 10snuggles. SetoxJounouchi

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Joey Wheeler, Seto Kaiba - Published: 2006-11-13 - Updated: 2006-11-13 - 741 words

0Unrated
Author's Notes: I still don't own it. Oh, what do you think of an epilogue? Please place your thoughts when you review it. :)

Seto Kaiba Does Not Cuddle

By LilyChan

Chapter Nine

Late Nights

"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." - Bible, /Psalms /30:5

Seto leaned back in his office chair. Finally, it was finished. He took in a deep breath and let it out as he felt his body sink in the leather. He glanced at the ticking clock and saw that it was really late.

/Mokuba should be sleeping by now, /Seto thought as he rubbed his eyes. He turned off his laptop after he had saved it onto a thumb drive for him to switch into the office's computer. He placed it by the laptop so he would be sure to take it when he'd leave in the morning.

When he turned off the lights as he left the office to a hauntingly empty Kaiba mansion, he yawned. Then his stomach grumbled.

I suppose I should get a sandwich before I go to bed, I'm too damn tired to listen to his complaints, he thought as he stretched his tired arms and fingers and he walked to the kitchen.

Seto didn't wish to disturb anyone of his servants so he decided on a simple turkey sandwich. He got out the bread, some pre-cut turkey, lettuce, some pre-sliced tomato, and some cheese.

He was in the process of getting out the mayonnaise when he heard another voice.

"Kaiba? Did you just now finish your report?" he asked as he rubbed his eyes, obviously struggling to stay awake.

"Yes. I'm just making myself a snack. Care to join me?"

The blonde nodded as he adjusted himself and pulled up a chair. He sat down and watched the brunet prepare his late-night snack.

Neither of them said a word to each other. The only sound between them was the dishes clinking against each other and in the sink.

Seto went to refrigerator to get him something to drink, but before he pulled out the milk jug and poured himself a glass.

He glanced over at the dozed off blond and asked, "Do you want any?"

The blond shook his head and muttered, "No."

He shrugged and put the jug back in the refrigerator after he placed the cap back on.

When he sat down, the blond continued to watch him as he ate and drank his little meal. Feeling mildly disturbed, Seto finally put the sandwich, what little it was left, down and inquired, "Why the hell are you watching me?"

Jou's eyes shot open, not realizing that he had been drifting off yet again. "O-oh, because I was wondering about you, that's all."

Seto arched an eyebrow. Surely there had to be more then this.

"What, Kaiba? Don't believe me?"

"I never said I didn't, mutt. If you wanted my sandwich, you should've barked." He said as he smiled a smug smile. He passed the rest to Jou as he drank the rest of the milk he had yet to finish.

The blond merely picked at the food, nibbling what little pieces he'd place in his mouth.

"Now tell me the truth. Why are you still up?"

Brown eyes narrowed down and glared at the brunet.

"If I said anything, you'd laugh."

"I'm sure it's better then the excuse you had before."

He sighed and sat up to get comfortable. "Well, I've been really thinking about what had happened to my dad and all..."

oooo

After Jou had shared his nightmare with the other, he'd told him that he'd be there soon. That really didn't give him any comfort but he listened without being insulted so that to be some improvement in their relationship, right?

/Who am I kidding? He probably thinks I'm as weak as he used to call me, /Jou thought as he got under the covers and placed his head on the soft pillow. He drifted off to sleep, but wasn't aware of the pair of eyes that watched him.

The other climbed into bed and hugged him from behind, much like when he was sick earlier that year. He flinched slightly, waiting for the words that were bittersweet.

"If you think I'm going to let anything happen to you, you're out of your mind. Just stay here until they go away."

Jou smiled as he felt the call of sleep beckoning him.
Sign up to rate and review this story