Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Lord Baron Harry Potter

Chapter 6

by wimvincken 3 reviews

One hour before Harry Potter becomes 16 years old, he is invited to go by portkey to Gringotts to be initiated as Lord Baron Harry James Potter. Then headmaster Dumbledore and Voldemort start hunti...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Dumbledore, Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Kingsley, Luna, Molly Weasley, Moody, Petunia Dursley, Poppy Pomfrey, Ron, Snape, Tonks, Vernon Dursley, Voldemort - Published: 2006-11-15 - Updated: 2006-11-15 - 3657 words

0MarySue
A/N: carolquin, the boss and beta reader did her excellent work. Thank you so much.
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the HP characters

-----

Walking towards the Burrow they saw that everyone was looking at them from the windows. From the kitchen window they saw Professors Dumbledore and Snape, from the living room window they saw Ron and the twins and from the first bedroom upstairs they could see Charlie and Bill hanging out of the window. The backdoor was open and the couple could see Mr. and Mrs. Weasley happily smiling towards them.

Harry and Ginny approached Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. Harry released Ginny's hand and faced Mrs. Weasley. He waved his right hand again and a bouquet of flowers appeared in which he handed over to Mrs. Weasley. He turned to Mr. Weasley and handed him a bottle of French cognac. Harry straitened his back, bowed his head slightly and looked Mr. Weasley straight into the eyes.

"Sir I, Lord Baron Harry James Potter-Gryffindor-Black, ask your permission to court your daughter, Ginevra Molly Weasley. My intensions are honorable and I would like to marry her at the end of the courtship. The courtship will last a minimum of six months and maximum one year. After the courtship I would like to ask you for the hand of your daughter. When you approve the courtship, your daughter will be officially called Lady Baroness Ginevra Molly Weasley-Potter-Gryffindor-Black in waiting. Do you accept the terms of the courtship? What is your answer, Sir?"

Harry lifted his head up, took one step back and waited for the answer from Mr. Weasley; his arms in rest along his body.

Mr. Weasley looked to his only daughter, who was looking and smiling hopefully.

"Yes Lord Baron, I agree with the conditions and you have my permission to court our daughter." A golden glow appeared around Mr. Weasley, Ginny and Harry and disappeared again.

"So it is decided", Harry ended the protocol before he hugged Mr. and Mr. Weasley in a huge bear hug. He ended the hug and turned around towards Ginny.

"Now I can kiss and hold you", he said. He took Ginny in his arms and kissed her deeply.

Harry and Ginny were still holding each other closely. "What does that lady thing mean, Harry?" whispered Ginny in his ear.

"Normally my father would stand in my place to negotiate the conditions of the courtship and he can give the best conditions he could dream up with, to give you this title like I have. Your title is Lady Baroness Weasley-Potter-Gryffindor-Black in waiting. The last two words mean that you are in courtship with me and not yet married. When we are married, your full name and titles would be Lady Baroness Ginevra Molly Potter-Gryffindor-Black. According to protocol and etiquette, giving you this title indicates my greatest trust in you and your parents."

"This also means that when you are introduced to someone, you need to give the full names and title like Lady Baroness Ginevra Molly Weasley-Potter-Gryffindor-Black. You can drop the "in waiting" then as this is only required when you send an official document to someone."

"Is your intention to me a marriage, Harry?" Ginny was now staring at Harry in awe and disbelief. 'I have waited for this for so long. Is this really happening?' thought

"Yes Ginny, my intentions are indeed towards marriage. But this totally depends on you and me. If we don't like each other in that way, we can always break off the courtship at any time. Both of us are as free as little birds and can do what we want with this courtship." Harry looked at her with a goofy expression on his face.

"I had my initiation last night and now you are going to have similar experiences as well. I need to take you to the Potter castle and introduce you to it. Then we need to discuss the security as well. I want you to be protected before we go back to Hogwarts, because Tom will be waiting!"

"To be introduced to a castle?" Ginny asked.

"Yes, the magical Potter castle, it is almost alive. But that is the tradition in the Potter family and we can't avoid this. "

"Is the castle big?"

"The castle is huge. It is several times larger then Hogwarts and beautiful as well. You will see. "

"Eh-hum"

Ginny and Harry turned around and saw all the brothers of Ginny waiting for them. Mrs. Weasley started to move her sons inside. "Let's go inside and give the new couple some space. Get a move on Ron you are blocking the door."

The crowed at the door thinned and Harry and Ginny followed. Once seated at the table, Harry and Ginny walked hand in hand towards the corner of the table and sat down. Everyone stared at Harry.

"Potter, you kissed my sister and you held her hand. You have guts to do that!" exclaimed an angry Ron.

All the brothers looked at Harry with harsh frowns. Bill was the only one who responded friendlier. "Harry my boy, and I truly thought you were joking this summer with the flowers and brandy. "

Harry smirked. "It is cognac Bill. And yes I was joking this summer, but I had no idea that it would turn out to be this. I am the happiest bloke in the world now with the most beautiful woman by my side. "

Harry looked around and Professor Dumbledore took the initiative. "Harry, I think you need to return to the Privet Drive as soon as possible, but before that, I like to speak to you."

Harry turned coldly towards Dumbledore. "Headmaster Dumbledore, you will address me by my titles and not different. As to Privet Drive, I moved out this morning as you have already discovered, and you will not tell me what to do. If you want to speak with me, make an appointment for another time. "

Astonished silence followed his words.

"You brat!" sneered Snape. "Your head has become even bigger before if that's possible". Harry whirled around his and confronted Snape. "Professor Snape, do you see my titles? You will address me by my full titles otherwise I shall challenge you in a duel where I can kill you legally. " Harry voice was as cold as ice. "By this you are warned."

Professor Dumbledore laid a restraining hand on the shoulder of professor Snape. "Lord Baron, can you tell me where you will be staying? We are all worried about your safety. "

"No Headmaster Dumbledore, you can not. But you can be assured that I am safer then anyone of you. The reason why I can not tell you where I am staying is because I now live in Potter castle and nobody can approach this castle without my permission. I will ask permission from Ginny's parents if it is possible to introduce Ginny to the Potter's castle. I also will ask Mrs. Weasley to chaperone us."

"Why must you take Ginny to your castle, Potter? Are we not good enough anymore?" Ron asked with a sneer.

"Ron, I warn you that what I said to Professor Snape is not a joke and I can guarantee you that you will be hurt in the official duel. But since you are Ginny's brother so I will let it go for now, if you can hold your horses for a while and let me explain what I am allowed to explain. "

'It all started yesterday night at ten minutes before my birthday. I received a letter from Gringotts which told me to come for the initiation of the Potter family. The reason for this summon is because I am the last Potter alive and the family needs to have a head of the family, even when the only family member alive is its head of family him self, but anyhow. I did the initiation and I can not tell you about it because it is family business only, not for the outsiders. The only person I can give details about the initiation is Ginny." He looked at her lovingly.

He continued, "Some things I can tell you. The Potter family is an ancient family, more then 1500 years old. They have developed over the ages a very powerful family magic which can only be yielded by the head of house. The knowledge of that magic is transferred to me. For that reason, my dear professor Snape and young Mr. Weasley, it is not healthy to challenge me or to force me to challenge you in an official duel. If I want, you will be dead within ten seconds. "

Harry looked very intense to Ron, who started to move nervously on his chair. He heard Snape snorting.

"After I was initiated as head of the Potter family they introduced me also to two other inheritances which were waiting for me for when I am legally considered an adult. As head of house I am a legal adult and there is no need for any guardian anymore, Headmaster Dumbledore. "

He looked sternly to the headmaster.

"After the initiation of the Gryffindor's and Black's I went to my Potter properties to start things up. I sent a letter to Ginny and asked her officially to be my girlfriend. That is what you saw in the garden. I asked your parents for their permission and blessing and after we received their permission I kissed your sister. Does anyone here have a problem with that?"

Nobody moved.

"Especially for professor Snape, I would like to give a demonstration. I like to challenge eight of you for a friendly duel against me." With this Harry stood up, took the hand of Ginny and walked outside. Ginny was laughing. "Harry eight of them? Are you sure?"

"I'll make a bet with you. When I take them all out within five seconds, what do I get from you?"

"A very big and long kiss"

"And when I loose?"

"A very big and long kiss"

"Ah now I can not loose. Thank you Gin"

Everyone walked out of the house. Professors Dumbledore and Snape came out with their wands drawn, as were Charlie, Bill, Remus, Moody, Molly and Arthur.

Harry waited before they were situated in a half circle around him. Ron and Ginny were standing in front of the house.

Harry bowed to the group and changed in a fighting stance. Everyone prepared them selves in a fighting stance as well. Moody was the first one to start the duel by firing an anapneo curse towards Harry. Harry responded with his right hand and a blue flickering shield appeared around him, with his left hand he made a cutting movement. Everyone dropped to the ground except Harry and Moody. With an extra move from his right hand, a strange orange curse flew to Moody who built a protego shield but the orange curse flew straight through the shield and Moody went down as well.

"How long was that Ginny?"

Ron was looking astonished to Harry.

"That was seven seconds, Harry", she replied with a straight face.

"Oops I guess that I lost our bet then, haven't I?"

"That is right! And when do you want to pay?"

"Well my Lady, what about now?"

Both of them came together in front of Ron and kissed each other deeply, while Ron watched as in trance.

After some minutes Ginny broke the kiss. "Harry, you need to revive everyone" she whispered in his ear. Harry moved his left hand again with a cutting movement; people began to stir immediately.

"Does the curse you used not ware off automatically?"

"Yes, but only after some years. " Harry looked guiltily to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.

"Nobody has mentioned it, but you used magic without a wand or sound. How is that possible?" an astonished Ginny asked.

"Gin, when we get engaged, you will do the same magic, well not exactly the same, but just as effective."

"And why is that, Harry?"

"The Potter's have developed a family magic for the males and females. The female part of the magic was developed by the females of the Potter's. A male, Potter or not, is not able to use that magic."

"Why is there is difference between the female and male magic?"

"I think it is better to explain this to you when we visit Potter castle, my love."

In the mean time everyone was feeling better again and went into the house, while looking sideways to the new couple, who were engaged in talk with each other. The couple radiated happiness and hope; love between each other was clearly present. Mrs. Weasley looked happily to the two lovebirds before entering her house.

After ten minutes the couple decided to enter the Burrow. Everyone was again sitting at the enlarged kitchen table talking, laughing and eating. "Where is Ron? Is he not with you?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

Harry looked around him. "I did not see him, why?"

Ginny smirked. "He is still outside, but he is still petrified." With this she went outside to get Ron. Albus Dumbledore looked up from his stew. "Lord Baron, how is it that I did not see the spell coming and what spell is it what you hit us with?"

"Headmaster, you can call me Harry please. You don't recognize the spell because it is a Potter curse and can only be used by me."

"About using wandless and wordless magic ..."

In the mean time Ginny came back with a woozy looking Ron, who sat immediately on the first free chair he found. Ginny could not find an empty chair and sat on Harry's lap. Her presence was invigorating and refreshing the same time. He felt her body heat very clearly and was very aware of the almond smell in her lustrous flaming hair. Harry had problems with his concentration, and Ginny seems to recognize it as she shifted on his lap for several times.

Flustered, Harry continued. "I ... uh ... I returned my ... uh ... what ... oh yes ... wand to Mr. Olivander because of the intensive power of the Potter magic. When I use spells my wand could not handle the magical output."

Harry was glaring to Ginny, who looked innocent to the table with a small smile on her face.

"What do you mean with that, Harry?" Professor Dumbledore asked.

"I mean that the magical output relative to the magical input is different with this kind of magic. If there is a large difference then the wand can explode!"

Harry looked pensive, and started to play with Ginny's long hair.

"For me it is easier to use wandless magic because it is faster and I can control the power behind my magic. About the rest I can't tell you."

"Do you want to tell me that you can cast all spells wandlessly and wordlessly?" Snape asked.

"Yes Professor Snape. I do everything now wandlessly and wordlessly and I do not plan to hide this ability to get some extra points against Voldi if you are going to propose that, Professor Dumbledore."

"When you perform magic, I see you waving your hand. Does that mean you need to use your hands in this way to perform magic?" the professor enquired.

Harry looked to the headmaster and at that moment all plates and silverware started to float towards the kitchen. Harry kept staring at the headmaster. "Does that answer your question Sir?"

"Yes my dear boy, this answers my question", the headmaster said. His eyes were twinkling more madly then ever before ... and the plates, pans and silverware started to wash it self.

"Ginny, would you accompany me tomorrow morning to Potter castle, please?"

Ginny kissed him on the nose. "With pleasure, love"

Harry turned to Mrs. Weasley. "Mrs. Weasley, are you willing to accompany us tomorrow as chaperone to the castle?"

Mrs. Weasley had a large smile on her face. "With pleasure Harry, but are you sure you want to have me as chaperone? Maybe someone like Ron or maybe even Bill?"

"No Mrs. Weasley, only you. Tomorrow it will become clear why." Now he smiled his lopsided smile. "Only woman are allowed at this time in the castle, without them there is no entrance for anyone else."

"Professor Dumbledore, there is something I want to ask ... I checked if it is possible to take the NEWTS earlier and it is indeed possible. The earliest time I can take my NEWTS is after Boxing Day. I want to try for NEWTS for transfiguration, charms, potions, history of magic, defense against the dark arts, arithmancy and ancient runes. I think I am a master in all those subjects and there is not much that Hogwarts can teach me in these areas. But I miss Herbology, Care of Magical Creatures, Astronomy and Muggle Studies."

Professor Dumbledore looked hesitating to Harry. "I don't know Harry ... it is hard to believe that yesterday you were only a small boy, and now you are acting like a responsible grownup adult with extensive knowledge!"

"Professor, I understand. Let's do it different. You organize an exam at the beginning of the semester, and then we will see. In the mean time I like to take only Herbology, Care of Magical Creatures, Astronomy and Muggle Studies."

"And how did you collect all that knowledge you claim to have?" professor Snape sneered.

"I had knowledge transferred to me during my initiation. All the knowledge of my forefathers was transferred to me, and that includes master level of all those subjects and many others more. "

Harry waited several seconds before he continued with a smile.

"Within a year I will not be the only one with this knowledge, Ginny will have the same knowledge and much more in other subjects like healing and care," Harry smirked looking at Ginny on his lap.

He heard professor Snape murmuring something beneath his breath.

"Do you want to go for a walk, Gin?"

Ginny jumped from his lap, took his hand and dragged him outside.

When Harry and Ginny left, Mrs. Weasley started to serve tea. Everyone was quiet and looking pensive at their tea cups. "I'm going to bed everyone, good night". Ron stood up from the table and disappeared to his room.

Moody was stirring his tea. "Do you think that he is getting his powers? "

Albus Dumbledore looked thoughtful. "I don't think he is getting his powers yet. I think that the Goblins interfered in our business and forced to change the status quo. Now we have a Harry who is yielding a magic which is different then what is acceptable. The Potter magic is something many have speculated upon and are unknown to me. "

"If you would've known what the Goblins had planned, would you have stop them?" Moody asked.

"Yes, I definitely would stop them."

Molly Weasley frowned. "Why would you stop Harry from receiving his birthright? "

"Because he is now out of control, he can take his life and do with it as he likes and that is something I don't like. He is our only weapon against Voldemort and now he slipped through our fingers. He is now a factor and might go in the direction I don't want him to go."

Bill Weasley frowned as well. "I think you made a big mistake by letting him continue to suffer this summer. You truly pushed him to make the move and accept what the Goblins offered him. "

Remus Lupin nodded. "Indeed. And you must be very glad that Harry did not confront you because of that, but there is still a possibility that something will come to you because he has mentioned this."

Albus Dumbledore looked to Bill Weasley. "I let him suffer on purpose. The more Harry suffers the stronger he becomes. That was clearly proven throughout his life. He is a good boy; even though he had to suffer greatly under the Dursley's."

Bill smirked. "I am afraid that you will eat those words, Dumbledore. If Harry is too thick to realize this, then Ginny will be aware of that fact. I expect when Harry will find out - and he will - that he will make YOU suffer. I think that your days are numbered as headmaster of Hogwarts and leader of the light. You may be very lucky if you survive this ordeal. "

Bill looked at the shocked Albus Dumbledore in the eyes. "When you try to manipulate Ginny, this will be the end of you. I'm going to bed as well. Good night."

Remus Lupin also stood up from the table. "I agree with Bill. Harry is a political power now; he will oust you out of your offices in a very - for you - shameful manner. I think that you used the same methods as you-know-who, except you don't use deathly force. But you use manipulations, suffering, pain and torture. Good night."

There was again a shocked silence.

Albus Dumbledore stood up. "I think I need some air." He exited the kitchen and walked slowly towards the trees bordering the property of the Burrow.

"Headmaster Dumbledore?" a voice behind him asked. The headmaster slowly turned, he had recognized the voice as Harry's. "Yes Harry?"

"You do good not to underestimate me. I placed listening charms in the kitchen before I left. I am aware what you did to me and to the Potters. I am also aware of what you did to the Black's and especially to Sirius. You need to know that I hold you responsible for that. Also, I think that Remus is right. You act like Tom Riddle is acting minus the physical violence. We are now on the property of the Weasley's and when we meet again somewhere else, I am going to confront you."

With those words Harry's figure became transparent and disappeared from view.

This was not a good day for Albus Dumbledore, and he knew it.
Sign up to rate and review this story