Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Lord Baron Harry Potter

Chapter 9

by wimvincken 3 reviews

One hour before Harry Potter becomes 16 years old, he is invited to go by portkey to Gringotts to be initiated as Lord Baron Harry James Potter. Then headmaster Dumbledore and Voldemort start hunti...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Dumbledore, Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Kingsley, Luna, Molly Weasley, Moody, Petunia Dursley, Poppy Pomfrey, Ron, Snape, Tonks, Vernon Dursley, Voldemort - Published: 2006-11-15 - Updated: 2006-11-15 - 1550 words

0Exciting
A/N: carolquin, the boss and beta reader did her excellent work. Thank you so much.
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the HP characters

-----
Early morning the next day Ginny received her two spheres, which she immediately used. It left her exhausted for several hours. Ron discovered later that morning the quidditch fields, the five Nimbus 2000 brooms, and two Firebolt brooms. Hermione discovered one library with muggle books and was spending her time reading. Harry was preparing himself for the things to come.

Harry went to the Burrow early that morning and was busy laying additional wards. Installing the new wards was tricky work. The existing wards must be kept in its place or the headmaster would be notified when his wards would be changed. The new wards were installed right in front of the existing ones and he expanded the existing wards with anti-portkey and anti-apparition wards. He also installed some additional wards which would present a naughty present for Voldemort and his minions, if they should show up.

The Weasley family returned from Potter castle early afternoon to the Burrow where Mrs. Weasley immediately started to prepare for dinner. The complete family would be present again that evening. Hermione went back home because she and her parents would leave the next day for a vacation in France.

Harry and Ginny were peeling the potatoes, Ron was scrubbing the pans, while Mrs. Weasley was cooking, when suddenly the fire of the floo flared up; Percy and Mr. Weasley stepped out of the floo looking much disheveled.

"What happened, Arthur?" asked Mrs. Weasley looking afraid.

"I am afraid that Harry was right, Molly. The headmaster has enacted the prophecy act and asked for the arrest of Harry Potter."

Arthur Weasley sat on the first chair he found. "And that is not all; I think that the war has seriously started. Many good aurors died this morning."

Mr. Weasley looked at Harry. "Harry, I am so sorry, but Voldemort attacked your relatives this morning right after the announcement and killed them all. The house at Privet Drive was destroyed and there was a major battle where twenty aurors died."

Mr. Weasley looked at his wife. "They locked and shutdown the ministry because Voldemort tried to force his way into the building, but Professor Dumbledore was faster and saved everyone in the building. "

Harry stood up. "I think it is time that everyone collects their personal items and floo to Potter castle. Voldemort will arrive at any moment. "

Mrs. Weasley looked at Harry hesitantly. "But ... what about ... what about Bill, Charlie and the twins ... they do not know anything yet."

BOOM ... BOOM ... BOOM

Now everyone stood up and looked out of the windows. Harry took floo-powder and threw it in the fireplace ... "Potter castle" he called aloud.

BOOM

He pointed his hands towards the Weasley's and murmured something under his breath. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Ron and Ginny flew towards Harry and stopped in front of the wide armed Harry Potter who pointed his right arm at the still burning fireplace and everyone flew into the green flames on their way to the castle, while Ginny was loudly protesting.

BOOM ... CRASH ... BOOM ... BOOM

Harry walked to the kitchen door, opened it, and waited for Voldemort.

BOOM ... CRASH ... CRASH ... BOOM

The whole sky was lighting up with green fire from the garden in front of the Burrow. The first wards were penetrated and the second ring of wards came crashing down.

CRASH ... BOOM ... BOOM

"Avada Kedavra"

A sickly green beam traveled in high speed from the darkness towards Harry. Harry waved with his hands and the death curse collapsed against a conjured wall with a loud crash and an explosion of green light.

"'Avada Kedavra' 'Crucio' 'Flagrate' 'Avada Kedavra' 'Avada Kedavra' 'Crucio' 'Diffindo' 'Diffindo' 'Crucio' 'Flagrate'"

A series of curses were fired from the dark. Harry was forced to sidestep all of them and fired several other curses towards the sources of the previous fired curses and heard several people cry out in pain.

BOOM ... CRASH ... CRASH ... CRASH

The last of his wards came down and the only things left were the wards of Dumbledore.

CRASH ... CRASH ... CRASH

Then Dumbledore's wards came down immediately; then quietness. No sound could be heard.

"So Potter, are you playing the hero?" Voldemort stepped slowly out of the dark; his red eyes were glowing.

"'Crucio'"

Harry conjured a mirror and the curse was bounced back to Voldemort, who was hit in his chest. His eyes went wide because of the surprise, before they narrowed into splits of red fire. "You will pay for this, Potter!"

Voldemort started to fire curses very fast. "'Avada Kedavra' 'Crucio' 'Flagrate' 'Avada Kedavra', all of which were stopped by Harry's mirrors, walls and magical shields. Harry did not move from his spot and his face held a grin. Seeing that there was no effect, Voldemort stopped.

Harry looked the monster straight in the eyes. "Tom, you will suffer greatly because of your stupidity in coming here. "

Voldemort looked amused. "And what is that, Potter?"

Harry smiled. "You will find out!"

Voldemort was smiling his predator's smile and looked directly at Harry. "Do your best because you have only one chance."

Harry calmly looked at Voldemort. "I already did, Tom. Look at your legs and arms; they are going to fall off."

Voldemort hesitated then looked to his left arm and an expression of rage came over his face. Harry thought that was the time to leave. "Bye-bye Tom. Have a nice vacation."

When Harry teleported to the castle, he could hear Voldemort's earsplitting scream before everything changed into the interior of the castle.

He arrived in the 'Hall of Transport' where the rest of the panicking Weasley's were packed; everyone was screaming except Ginny, who was sitting quietly and, with big eyes, looking at her family on he sofa in the back of he room. She was the first one to see Harry, who was walking to her with a big grin on his face. Ginny jumped from the sofa and met Harry in a big hug. "Gin, Tom has big problems at the moment and it must hurt him very much."

"The most important thing is that you are back in one piece", she said and kissed him. All noise stopped and everyone was looking to the kissing couple.

"Harry, please what happened?" Mr. Weasley asked with a trembling voice.

Harry turned to the family. "Voldemort attacked the Burrow. He came through the wards and he received my surprise."

"What do you mean by 'surprise'", George called from the back.

"At this moment, he is fighting for his own live against millions of creatures. All the death eaters who were with him must already have died, but I think that Voldemort is harder to kill. I placed a trap to release millions of aggressive meat eating magical ants, which will eat everything that is alive."

"But Harry, how could you do that! Those ants will spread everywhere and they are out of control, they will attack everything and everyone!" Charlie exclaimed.

"No Charlie, everything is warded off. Those ants will not leave the warded area. They will soon find no food and then they will eat them selves and die. But to be sure I need to return to the Burrow and check up. I will be back as fast as possible."

Harry teleported to the Burrow and saw the building still burning. Slowly and carefully, he walked to the place where he fought Voldemort, but could not see anyone. The ground was full of black scorch spots of burns and the garden was a mess. Harry looked carefully at the ground, in case there were any magical ants looking for victims, but could not see anything moving.

In the corner of his eyes, he detected movements and he saw an arm with a claw pointing up. Harry saw that the arm was moving away slowly. 'Could that be Voldemort?' Slowly he approached the area and looked carefully at the ground, no point in taking a risk here, he was ready to burn the place and destroy any ant he saw moving, but strangely enough everything seemed to be deadly quiet except that arm.

Harry conjured a light bulb above the place where he saw the arm with the claw and he got almost sick. Now he knew where all the ants were, they were devouring part of an arm. Harry levitated the arm in the air and he saw many ants still crawling over it. A heat charm took care of most of the ants and he repeated this before the arm was free of the enhanced ants.

Harry moved as fast as possible out of the area until he reached the boundaries of the wards to keep the enhanced ants. From there he started to burn the area so that there would be no ants left alive to cause a problem for the environment. After he was finished, he noticed several bodies and he assumed those were the bodies of the death eaters Harry conjured some plastic to wrap the arm in and placed it in a bag. With one last look at the remnants of the first place he called 'home' he teleported to Potter castle.
Sign up to rate and review this story