Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Lord Baron Harry Potter

Chapter 10

by wimvincken 3 reviews

One hour before Harry Potter becomes 16 years old, he is invited to go by portkey to Gringotts to be initiated as Lord Baron Harry James Potter. Then headmaster Dumbledore and Voldemort start hunti...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Dumbledore, Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Kingsley, Luna, Molly Weasley, Moody, Petunia Dursley, Poppy Pomfrey, Ron, Snape, Tonks, Vernon Dursley, Voldemort - Published: 2006-11-15 - Updated: 2006-11-15 - 5204 words

0Moving
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the HP characters
-----
This is a very emotional chapter, some confrontation ... many questions about the initiation are answered, and a wave travels throughout the world

"Good morning headmaster Dumbledore". The headmaster stiffened and slowly turned around. There stood Harry Potter, looking healthy and very much ready for action. In his right hand he held a bag. "Harry? Is that you?" he asked although Dumbledore was already expecting Harry he was surprised to realize that Harry walked in undetected. "Yes headmaster and I come here to have a little chat with you", Harry answered.

The headmaster was astonished. 'How is it possible he is in the castle without me knowing it?' "Harry, how did you enter the castle?"

Harry looked to the headmaster with a glint of humor on his face. "I teleported here headmaster, that is one of the many ways I can move along." Harry looked now sternly to the headmaster. "If someone would try to keep me against my will, I will be gone a second later."

The headmaster looked suddenly tired. "I don't want to have a confrontation with you here and now Harry, but I must ask you a question. Do you know what happened with Voldemort yesterday?"

Harry looked contemplative for a moment. "I can tell you the story headmaster, but I am starting from the beginning, because there are some things which need to be resolved. Is it alright with you if we sit down?"

The two men went to the headmaster's office and sat down. After the headmaster ordered tea, Harry started with his story.

"After we met last time with the Weasley's, you realized that you lost your control over me, your main weapon against Voldemort. Voldemort becomes stronger by the day and it worries you very much. With the lost control over your weapon, you needed to find a way to regain that control but that is very hard to do especially with my political power position in the wizarding world."

"I knew that and I expected that you would try to implement the prophecy act and that was what you did. However, I also knew that Voldemort would learn of it and would attack. Voldemort thought that you still kept me locked up with my so-called relatives, so I figured that he would attack the Ministry first and then the Burrow. I was mistaken in this and I have overestimated him; he attacked Privet Drive instead. After he killed my relatives, he went to the Ministry where you noticed the attacks and shut the Ministry down right on time. Voldemort then went to the Burrow and because I was expecting him, I prepared a warm welcome for him."

Harry smiled a predator smile.

"What welcome did you prepare for Voldemort, Harry?" the headmaster asked with sudden twinkling eyes.

"Millions of enhanced killing ants. I was forced to distract him to let the ants do their work but after some ten minutes the ants were starting to get to him. "

The headmaster paled. "Millions of enhanced ants ..."

Harry held up his hand. "I warded off the area before I created the ants, so they would never be able to get out of control and the ants were always confined to that area. After the ants attacked Voldemort, Voldemort disappeared and I returned to destroy any ant that was left behind ... and then I found this. "

Harry took the bag and placed it on the table of the headmaster. "It contains an arm of Voldemort."

Harry relaxed in his chair and watched the excited headmaster. The headmaster slowly opened the bag and saw the frozen arm of Voldemort. He looked to Harry questionable. "A freeze-charm"?

With a very satisfied expression on his face, the headmaster leaned back on his chair. "Professor Snape came back from a meeting with Voldemort yesterday evening. He learned that Voldemort lost one arm and both his legs. Voldemort's body is very much damaged and he expects that Voldemort will need a very long time to heal, at least six months, maybe longer. We might even hope a year."

He pointed to the arm on his table. "With this we ca learn a lot of what Voldemort did to himself and it will give us possible weapons against him to undo his advantages. "

"You know headmaster, you made a very big mistake which cost the lives of my relatives and you threatened the lives of the Weasley's with your irresponsible actions and the destruction of the Burrow. You also seriously limited my movements because of the prophecy act."

"You also brought the prophecy out in the open, Voldemort will learn from it, and you will be responsible for all the death to come. You claim that Hogwarts is the safest place to be, in fact that is not true. The security in this castle has been penetrated too many times. You also let death eaters roam free throughout the school only because you believe in second chances and by doing that you risk the lives of all other students here. I wonder headmaster, where do your priorities lie?"

"You have always thought about the larger picture and the greater good, but in the mean time, you continue to forget to pay attention to the details and because of that people will continue to get killed."

The headmaster did not flinch at the harsh words of Harry. He was looking at him, waiting for the final words.

"And now we have some serious problems, headmaster. Because of the prophecy act, I cannot return to Hogwarts, neither can take my NEWTs; neither is Ginny Weasley. I talked with Mrs. Weasley about Ron. Because of the lack of security in Hogwarts he might not coming back. "

Harry leaned over towards the professor. "Headmaster, YOU caused these problems, and YOU WILL look for a solution. When you can correct the problems with the prophecy act I can help you with the security of Hogwarts and we might start working together to repair our damaged relationship. If you do not then I will be forced to push you out of the scene and into early retirement."

Thank you for your time and have a good day." Harry bowed slightly to the headmaster and with a pop he was gone.

Molly Weasley sat at the kitchen table while her husband was reading. "You know Arthur, there is something strange going on with Harry."

Arthur looked up. "With our Harry you mean?"

Molly nodded.

Not really understanding where Molly was going with this Arthur asked again. "What do you mean?"

"Harry is sixteen years old, hardly sixteen, but when you see what he is doing and how he is acting; I would say that he is older. Don't you agree with me?"

"Well Molly, he acts much more mature then a normal boy of sixteen, but that is good, isn't it?"

"But Arthur, he is dating our daughter and I personally think that it is not normal that he acts so mature. Something is not right ..."

Arthur looked at his wife. "I see. When Harry comes back, we will talk to him and see what is going on. I hope that he will start screaming and getting nervous and that young boy we knew before his birthday is still there dormant within him"

"Well Arthur, I think there is more to it. When the children came back from Hogwarts Harry was still the little fifteen-year-old boy who looked very depressed and reclusive, he did not give any indication that he was interested in Ginny. At his birthday he acted more mature and was totally in love with Ginny and I think that is very suspicious. "

"My Lady Weasley-Potter, what can I do for you this lovely day?" Ginny turned quickly around and threw her self in Harry's waiting arms. "I was so worried, love. You spent so much time with Dumbledore. How did it go?"

"I am not sure, we can only wait but I delivered the package to him."

"Harry, I have an idea. Do you want to play quidditch with me?"

"Why with you and not with the others?"

"I want to play quidditch with some changes in the rules." Ginny was wiggling her eyebrows.

Harry raised an eyebrow towards her. "Changes in the rules?" "Which rules?"

"No Harry, not which rules, but what rule!"

"Tell me, Ginny, the suspense is killing me."

"We will play striptease quidditch!"

His eyes went wide and he lost his balance and ended up on the ground looking goofy. Ginny held her sides while laughing. "Harry, you need to look at your face, it is sooooooooooooooo funny!"

"Ginny, if we do something like this, do you have any idea what the castle is going to do to us? And don't forget about your brothers and your parents?" Harry shuddered as he pictured the six Weasley brothers taking turns at hexing him.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley entered the room looking stern and noticed that a very pale looking Harry was sitting on the ground and a very pale Ginny was beginning in panic. Mrs. Weasley shook her head at both of them," When you are questioning what the castle, our sons and us are going to do with you, we are very interesting to know what the word 'this' refers to!"

"Well Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, um, I mean ..." Harry tried to get up while trying to find the right words to get them out of the situation without damage.

"Dad, mum, we were talking about pranking the twins, and I proposed to prank all of us."

Harry looked relieved to Ginny.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley came to the table and sat down, clearly not believing Ginny. "We need to talk with you, Harry. I have some reservations and I want to address them. Do you mind if we discuss them here together?"

Harry looked nervous to Mr. Weasley. "Of cause Mr. Weasley, what ever you want to discuss but I want Ginny to stay."

"Of cause Ginny can stay, because it has to do with her as well. Now let's see,... I mean ... this morning I spoke with Molly ... no ... I mean Molly spoke to me ... yes, that is it ..."

"Arthur, be quiet, if you continue this way it will take the whole day." She turned to Harry. "What we mean Harry, is that you are sixteen years old and you act like someone who is much older. You are supposed to worry about exams, girlfriends, dancing, and other things that is normal for a sixteen year old. And also I don't understand where your affection for Ginny comes from. One day you don't even notice her and the next day you are totally in love with her!"

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley looked expectantly to Harry.

Harry breathed deeply. "Mr. and Mrs. Weasley ..."

Harry turned to Ginny. "Love of my life ..." Ginny's eyebrows went up and Harry smirked.

"I will tell you the long story of my initiation, and I think this will explain a lot."

Harry waved his hands over the room. "I know that we are safe against listeners in the castle, but you never know and can't be too sure about that."

"I will tell you the story of my initiations but I can not tell you about the Potter initiation because it is secret. "

Harry looked around and tea and sandwiches appeared on the coffee table.

"During my initiation as head of the of the Potter family, I could use magical spheres which enabled me to receive stored memories in a very short time. Those magical spheres contain only knowledge and experience."

"After the Potter initiation was finished, the director of Gringotts led me to the initiation of the family Black. When I arrived at the Black family vault I was welcomed in a room with several documents which I needed to sign in blood. After signing, the room disappeared and I could access the normal vault with papers, books, furniture, and money.

"When I was finished with the Black initiation, I arrived at the vault of Gryffindor and that was very different. I first arrived in an anti-chamber of the vault where a painting of Godric Gryffindor was hanging on the wall. He started to speak to me about the history of Gryffindor and about the significance of the fight between dark and light. He told me that every thousand years there was at least one big confrontation between the dark and the light forces of human kind and such confrontation is rapidly approaching. According to him there has not been an heir of Gryffindor accepted for thousand years. By accepting me as the Heir of Gryffindor, I was the champion for the light. He also explained that Tom Marvolo Riddle is the chosen for the dark side."

"Then he began talking about a serious problem for the light; the chosen for the light was not ready yet and that the light needed at least two more years before it was ready to confront the dark. He warned that if the chosen one were to seek out a confrontation with the dark before truly being ready the light would lose and many years would follow where the dark would exist as the only dominant force."

"Gryffindor proposed a possible solution which might give the light side some space to breath. He proposed that I would receive extensive education in certain areas and life experience." He offered me the dream orb. That is a magical orb in the Gryffindor vault which can produce dreams. These dreams can last maximum hundred years of dreamtime while in reality only one hour would have passed. Godric Gryffindor created the dream and let me sleep through it and I slept for ten minutes but I dreamt a dream life of ten years."

Everyone looked wide-eyed to Harry.

"What did you dream about, Harry?" Ginny asked breathless.

Harry turned to Ginny and smiled warmly and a bit sad. "I dreamt that I finished Hogwarts, and that I courted you. There was no Voldemort or no death eaters. We were married at the Burrow with a fantastic wedding and your mother had arranged the best food party ever. We were so happy, Ginny. We lived in a small cottage near the Burrow and we had the most beautiful children possible, three daughters and two sons. We visited the burrow every week and you Mrs. Weasley taught me how to cook with magic."

Harry smiled sadly at the memories.

"Mrs. Weasley, I called you mum and we were experimenting with muggle cooking and I taught you how to make hamburgers and pizzas and foreign dishes."

Harry looked at the crying Mr. and Mrs. Weasley with tears in his own eyes. "I can not find words to describe how you cared for Ginny, the children and me, we were so happy all together ..."

Harry sobered up and looked to the floor. "Then it happened. Our oldest son, Sirius Arthur Potter, became sick and died."

Harry cried, Ginny crept on his lap and embraced him, holding him tight and crying with him.

"The funeral was terrible. So many people came to see us and we stayed as one family. All of your brothers were there Ginny and you Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were ... there ... I love you all so much ... my heart was bursting."

Mrs. Weasley took Harry in a hug, crying on his shoulder.

"One year after our son died, Ginny and I joined a research group where we researched many spells, curses, and charms. Ginny began to teach charms at Hogwarts and later I joined her as DADA teacher. Headmaster Dumbledore was so nice to us, he was like a grandfather."

Harry laughed through his tears. "Charlie became teacher for care of magical creatures at Hogwarts and that was really funny. It was a really great time and we were again very happy." Harry stared to the floor, his eyes wide in horror. "And then ... then ..."

He started to cry.

"Then it happened, the end of everything/ Gin, you became ill and one month later you died. I tried to be there for the children ... but could ... could not ... I ... " Harry tried to compose himself, rubbing his arm over his eyes. "I could not take it ... a life without you, Ginny ... so I followed you in death and then I woke up from the dream."

Mrs. Weasley stood up again and embraced Harry and Ginny in one huge hug. "Oh my children, I love you so much and please don't cry, it was only a dream and we are here for you all to pull you through all your troubles. Cry my babies, cry everything out of you and I won't let you go. You are not alone and we will stay one big happy family."

Mr. Weasley looked to the ground; tears were falling before he joined the group hug.

Like that they stood for a long time before the cries quieted down. All of them found their composure and Harry continued.

"Godric Gryffindor assured me that this dream was not a vision, but it was a dream-infused knowledge transfer, which gave me knowledge and life experience. I guess that was the end of my childhood and the beginning of adulthood."

"When I came to the Burrow and I saw you mum and dad, and Ginny ... I was so happy ... my dream became reality ... you were even more beautiful then I could remember in my dream."

Harry looked adoringly to Ginny. "You are my living dream; you are my soul mate, without you I can not live ... I don't want to live."

He held his arms wide open and Ginny came to him resting her head on his chest and surrounded by the safety in his arms. Harry's head was resting upon Ginny's silky, red, flaming hair and he happily thought of all the moments he'll have to hold her like this.

A thinly white mist slowly surrounded both of them, circling their heads and bodies, slowly obscuring the couple from their onlookers. The mist began to vibrate and rotate, became thicker, and started to glow. Mrs. Weasley saw that Ginny's hair started to flash orange and red flames and it traveled over the head of her only daughter. Harry's eyes became unbearable and intense. Blazing green flames traveled from Ginny over to Harry and the mist became more intense and rotated faster and faster.

"Arthur, what is happening ... do something ARTHUR!"

Harry's head suddenly moved up. His eyes were wide open and his mouth moved as if he was screaming in ecstasy. Ginny moved her head fast toward Harry's as if she was devouring him.

Suddenly an explosion of white light come from the entangled couple and began to spread through Mr. and Mrs. Weasley who froze on impact, through the room, the wing and the castle, traveling in all directions. The light was passing through cities, countries and quickly traveled all over the world.

All wizards and witches in the world could feel the magical explosion and wondered what happened. Many could feel the happiness, peace, closeness, and a bond so deep and strong that many started to cry out happiness or anguish.

Somewhere in the world, Voldemort was screaming as in great pain, green blood came out of what was left of his body and he wailed in great anguish. He feared this power, the power of love. Many muggles throughout the world felt an intensive burst of intimacy, love, and trust.

Headmaster Dumbledore was reading papers from the Ministry when the waves of the magical explosion reached him. His eyes went wide and his body stiffened. His head was pointing towards the ceiling and the feelings running through him were immeasurable, intensive and extreme. He was in ecstasy and was laughing with pure happiness. "HARRY AND GINNY" he called loudly and happily.

Cornelius Fudge's body stiffened when the magical wave reached him. His eyes bulged and he started to scream and pitched high wailing screams that went from high to very low. He was suffering greatly until he felt his heart bursting from the pain. He dropped death on his desk.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley started to recover when they saw Harry and Ginny slumped to the ground slowly moving but still grapping each other.

"What has happened, Gin?" Harry asked with a scratchy voice. "I don't know, Harry."

Mr. Weasley stood up and helped his wife to her chair and then went to the couple and helped them to their chairs. "I think what happened some minutes ago, I think that we saw the joining of soul mates or better the reconfirmation of soul mates."

"According many people, a soul mate is a joining of two people, who share one soul, but have two bodies. When two people finally find their mate with the other half of their soul, there will be a joining of their soul. But when the two soul mates find each other again, then a magical explosion will take place, but I never heard about such magical explosion this powerful."

Harry and Ginny kissed each other tenderly looking each other in the eyes. Love was definitely in the air.

Harry suddenly held his head high. "The castle is happy for whatever reason ... it feels jubilant, euphoric, and happy." His eyebrows went up to the top. "The house elves are partying?"

Mr. Weasley looked at Harry surprised. "Can you communicate with the castle, Harry?"

"Yes Mr. Weasley, I feel all the moods of the castle, when there is danger, or when somebody approaches, or when there is damage to the castle."

"Harry, you mentioned that Godric Gryffindor said that you will learn and get life experience. Did you learn that in the dream experience as well?"

"Oh yes, Mr. Weasley. I learned a lot. First, I finished my NEWTs, then Ginny and I did a lot of research and we learned wandless and wordless magic, and I learned some ancient defensive and offensive magic. Next to my Potter family magic it is a very impressive amount of knowledge."

"Where is Hedwig, Harry?"

"Harry sobered ... she flew away ... she did not want me anymore. After my initiations, I came back to Privet Drive to collect my things and she was not in her cage. I saw her in a tree at the front of the house but she refused to come to me. She flew away and that was the last thing I have seen from her ... I miss her ..."

"Harry, I did not hear anything about Ron and Hermione", Ginny asked.

"Yes Gin, in my dream Ron and Hermione were very much involved with themselves and the golden trio, as I'd known from my earlier years, were not the same anymore. We still had a lot of fun but after Ron and Hermione became an item, we were never as close as we once were."

Harry held his head up as if he was listening ... "there are people who want to enter this room."

Harry waved his hands and the door burst open. "Mum, dad, are you alright!" Ron rushed in the room. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley held out their arms and hugged a surprised Ron. "Yes, everyone is fine, my dear. Let's have lunch and discuss what we are going to do."

After everyone left the room in a happy mood, Mr. Weasley laid his arm around the shoulders of Harry. "Harry my son, now we understand why you act so mature. Later we will talk more in private."

Harry and company entered the dining room where a feast was waiting for them. The house elves were strangely smiling and very happy. Harry did not know how to react and so he ignored their behavior and moved the chair for Ginny and Mrs. Weasley. When everyone was seated, Harry took his seat at the head of the table, on his right side sat Ginny, and on his left Mrs. Weasley, who was still sniffing. "Tuck in", he said and everyone started to eat the magnificent meal, Harry held Ginny's hand throughout the meal. Ginny looked at Harry with tears in her eyes and a watery smile on her face. Harry smiled warmly to her, his face a mirror to his soul with all feelings bare to the surface.

"Ginny" he whispered. "I cannot help it, but I love you so much ... I hope you understand now that ..."

Ginny squeezed his hand gently. "I understand and I love you too, all my life I did ," she whispered back. "And now I have you for real even when it is more then I ever hoped for, dreamt about. I love you too."

"Harry" Ginny whispered. "Tell me tonight about the children we had in your dream, please I want to know."

The door to the dining hall opened with a bang and Percy, Bill and Charlie entered the room in various expressions on their faces. Bill and Charlie were laughing and whooping, while Perry was clearly not having a good time.

"Harry, Dumbledore went barmy, wacky he is. Totally off the wall and he insists on speaking to you. That old man had it, because he was dancing and laughing, he called you his little angle!" Bill was laughing hysterically now. "He came to me ... ha, ha ... and the old man was hugging me ... he was totally barmy ... he tried to waltz with me ... can you imagine?"

They sat down and got helpings from the elves.

Bill continued laughing. "Dumbledore came dancing into Gringotts and he even kissed a Goblin straight in the waiting area. You needed to see the face of Barnal the Goblin ... kissed by a human!" Now everyone was laughing.

Charlie was also excited. "Do you know what happened a half hour ago? Did you see that magical explosion? I was in Romania when that wave hit me ... all dragons went totally through the roof when the wave hit them. "

Then his eyes got a far away expression on his face.

"When the wave passed all dragons quieted down. Even our aggressive Norwegian Ridgebacks became tame as a lamb and that was not all, the feeling of peace and bonding, well, I just needed to see my family at once."

He laughed again and looked to the antics of Bill.

Percy cleared his throat. He was clearly confused and more, surprised?

"That magical wave that Charlie was talking about did a lot of different and a strange thing to a lot of people in the ministry. Cornelius Fudge was found dead and Dolores Umbridge went totally crazy." Percy looked at Harry with an unreadable expression on his face. "She was claiming that you, Harry, was sitting in her head and singing lullabies to her!"

Everyone started to laugh again, Harry looked thoughtful.

"Some in the ministry were having a very hard time after the wave passed, but most of the ministry workers were strangely happy and laughing and most of them had gone home to their families. Can you believe that? They went home in the middle of a working day!" Percy's eyes bulged almost out of his sockets, eyebrows raised to almost disappearing from his forehead.

"But Percy", Ron laughed, "You went home too?"

Percy was looking sheepishly to his youngest brother. "Yes, I did because I also wanted to see my family."

Mr. Weasley turned to Harry. "I think that something very powerful has happened with the reconfirmation of the bonding, Harry." He smiled warmly to Harry.

He stood up and raised his glace. "May I have your attention, please?" Everyone went quiet and looked at the head of the Weasley clan. "Our Ginny and Harry are bonded as soul mates. What everyone here and all over the world felt was the reconfirmation of that bond." He turned to Harry. "Welcome to the family, my son."

Harry hesitantly stood up, tears on his face and smiling warmly. "Thank you, sir."

Mr. Weasley nodded firmly in confirmation. "I think it is a good idea that I put what I have heard here this morning in a pensive, so that you don't need to repeat it again and again." A pensive appeared on the table in front of him.

Raising his eyebrows and staring at the pensive, he continued. "I also think that we need to talk to Dumbledore, for sure he can give us much more insight on this than anyone else."

Harry and Ginny looked apprehensive about that.

Mr. Weasley took his wand, concentrated shortly, and moved the tip of the wand to his forehead. A silver colored thread appeared and slowly moved the wand and thread towards the pensive where the thread disappeared.

"Now everyone who want to see what we saw this morning, please take a look." Charlie, Bill, Percy, and Mr. Weasley bowed towards the pensive.

Albus Dumbledore walked through the streets of Diagon Alley. His robe flapped in the wind. The weather was chilly for this time of the year. There was rain in the air and the clouds were heavy, dark and grey. The amazement and happiness of earlier his mood has changed into thoughtfulness. A frown was on his face and he walked with both hands on his back, his eyes downcast.

Finally, he reached his destination, the offices of Obscure Books. He entered the front entrance and walked to the desk, where a young girl was reading a magazine. "Ah, professor Dumbledore", the girl exclaimed. "How nice to see you, what can I do for you?"

Dumbledore looked quickly to the girl. "I want to speak with Mr. Greenswards, please. "

"His office is at the back, professor."

Dumbledore entered the office of Mr. Greenswards.

Mr. Greenswards was a very corpulent person, he needed three chairs to sit on and his desk was huge. The walls in his office were filled with books from the bottom to the top. At the far end of his office was a window, where you could see through Diagon Alley. It was already raining and you could see that the wind was blowing harder then before.

"What can I do for you, Albus?" Mr. Greenswards mumbled.

"You can give me the portion, Percy."

"Which portion, Albus? I have here three portions you have requested this year."

"I want to have the penetration portion, Percy. How much does it cost?"

Percy Greenswards crookedly watched Dumbledore. "It cost you the same as last time, Albus."

Albus Dumbledore handed over the money, left the office, and disappeared in the storm.

Arriving at his office at Hogwarts he floo-called Severus Snape, who came rapidly to his office "Severus, I have the portion, you do the rest."

"Thank you, Albus. I hope this will delay the recovery of the dark lord even more."

Albus Dumbledore nodded tiredly. "Yes Severus, I hope as well."

Severus Snape hesitated. "What are we going to do with that Potter brat? Are we going to force him to comply with us?"

Albus Dumbledore nodded again. "Yes, I will confront the boy the next time and force him to comply and after him we will have to do something about the Weasley family.
Sign up to rate and review this story