Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > La Timinia

The Dream Connection - Part Two: Missing

by panda_1418 3 reviews

Song is Missing by Evanescence

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-11-21 - Updated: 2006-11-22 - 833 words

1Exciting
(Can you stop the fire?
Can you stand to fight her
You can't stop the fire
You won't say the words)

***********

When Julius had frozen up, it had broken Delilah's heart. She had told him something that she should have told him so long ago, something that hadn't been easy. And what had she received in return? Nothing. Nada. Zippo. Just a blank stare. So she had left.

*****************
Please, please forgive me,
But I won't be home again.
Maybe someday you'll look up,
And, barely conscious, you'll say to no one:
"Isn't something missing?"
*****************

As the had evanesced, Julius had moved. He'd come running to her, yelling something. But she hadn't heard him. What was there to hear? He would just apologize, but he didn't feel the same way about her. Then a horrible thought struck her. Had saying those words jeopardized her chance for a cure?

****************
You won't cry for my absence, I know -
You forgot me long ago.
Am I that unimportant...?
Am I so insignificant...?
Isn't something missing?
Isn't someone missing me?
****************

How selfish could she be to think that? Even if Julius did give up on her, turn his back and walk away, that was his choice. But he would never do that. Even if he didn't love her, she was still his best friend (oh, how those words tortured her. She wanted to be so much more!). Friends stick together, through thick and thin. And they had been through more than most people.

**************
Even though I'm the sacrifice,
You won't try for me, not now.
Though I'd die to know you love me,
I'm all alone.
Isn't someone missing me?
**************

"Did he tell you, then?" a voice asked behind her. It was her voice, and her face she turned to meet.

"Who are you?" she asked, backing away.

The other Delilah laughed. "Of course, you weren't around when we were introduced. I'm your counterpart, Haliled. Thanks for letting me go. Let me repay you!"

Haliled lashed out at her, but Delilah's quick reflexes saved her. She backed away more, shouting, "What do you want with me?!"

*************
Please, please forgive me,
But I won't be home again.
I know what you do to yourself,
I breathe deep and cry out,
"Isn't something missing?"
"Isn't someone missing me?"
*************

Her counterpart sneered. "I need you dead! If you're still around, dormant inside your body, I am just a spirit! I have no power! You must leave for me to take over!"

"No!" she screamed, ducking again as Haliled swung at her. "Never! I won't!"

"Why?" the other shouted. "What's there to live for? Who's there to live for?"

Delilah gasped, shocked. Haliled took advantage of this and struck her down. "That's right. I've known forever, I'm the part that always doubted that he did. And I was right."

*************
Even though I'm the sacrifice,
You won't try for me, not now.
Though I'd die to know you love me,
I'm all alone.
Isn't someone missing me?
*************

Standing up, Delilah lunged at herself. "You're lying! Stop it, stop the lies! I won't give up, no matter what you say!"

Haliled wiped a smear of blood from her upper lip. "You fooled yourself all these years, and even now when you know the truth, you still fool yourself. Why do you bother? No one really cares, you must have learned that by now. Who would cry if you just slipped away?"

"Lots of people!" Delilah shouted. "Al, Scarlet, Nosey, maybe even Emmet and Ursula! And of course Julius!"

"Oh, he'd miss you. But he wouldn't be crying for a lost love. It would be tears for a friend. That's what you are, can't you see? You're just everyone's friend! That's all you'll ever be."

***************
And if I bleed, I'll bleed,
Knowing you don't care.
And if I sleep just to dream of you,
I'll wake without you there.
Isn't something missing?
Isn't something...
***************

Those words went deep. And Delilah couldn't deny that even though what Haliled said was cruel, it was true. How many times had she hinted to Julius, how many times had she given him clues? And he had ignored them, discarded them, brushed them off. He really didn't care for her in that way. Which only posed the question: Why was she fighting? Who was there to live for?

Haliled sensed her resign. "So now you see. Now you finally see. And you know what I speak is the truth. Why do you bother, sister? I will be back at the end of the month, the day I can seize power. I will take your answer then. You have three weeks to think of it."

*************
Even though I'm the sacrifice,
You won't try for me, not now.
Though I'd die to know you love me,
I'm all alone.
"Isn't something missing?
Isn't someone missing me?"
*************

Delilah already knew her answer.

************
(Can you stop the fire?
Can you stand to fight her
You can't stop the fire
You won't say the words)

************
Sign up to rate and review this story