Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > :Behind The Mask: Akito Sohma :001:

The New Effect

by lucyeatsbabies 0 reviews

There's a new member of the Sohma clan that has been found, and Akito doesn't know about this young woman yet. What will happen when he too finds out about her presence in his estate?

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Akito, Hatori, Shigure - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-23 - Updated: 2006-11-23 - 925 words

0Unrated
"Are you alright, Hatori-san?"
Mayuki asked, rushing over to comfort the man who was now in front of her, covering up his crimson cheek, seemingly ashamed.

"I'm fine.. don't worry about it."
He forced at smile at the woman looking down at him from his vulnerable place in his chair, before reaching across his desk and picking up a small plastic jar of white ointment.

"Does he hurt you all like that?"

"Oh.. sometimes. You have nothing to worry about though."
Hatori smiled lightly, rubbing the ointment into his still red cheek.

"I wasn't worrying about me.."
Mayuki breathed, looking out to the window where the large trees were swaying in the cold wind, as snow droplets fell onto the branches lightly.

While she was, she didn't notice Hatori observing her with the same gentle look no one in his family had seen for years. He hadn't been expecting to find another one, not in this life.. not another--

He shook the thought from his head, how stupid. He'd only known this girl-woman-for a couple of weeks, when she came to his office, and told him she tracked the tips of the family down after her father had passed away.

The father she had grown up with, however, was of great status in the family, he was indeed, Shigure Sohma's own father, and the godfather of Akito Sohma, but after his parents had separated, Kyrino had been executed from the Sohma clan by his own godson, and never to be heard of again. He married again years later to a woman who was only two months pregnant with his child.

Now, as the young woman stood in front of Hatori, he could see immense resemblance in herself and Kyrino.
Her long black hair fell elegantly down her ghost pale, slim back and shoulders in soft curls, her figure was slim but she curved perfectly in the right places, and being only an 18 year old woman she definitely seemed to.. accentuate them, but her vibrant, electric blue eyes held that strength, energy and comfort that you could rarely see in Kyrino.

"Hatori-san.."
Her bright, laughing voice dragged him out of his trance, when he noticed that his gaze had, again, fallen onto a.. certain area.

"Oh.. uhm.. I'm sorry."
He dropped his gaze quickly, blushing and looking down once again, coughing into his hand uncomfortably.

"Hatori! Come quick! Honda-kun has been- who are you?"

A young boy came running into the room, an even younger girl following close behind. The boy looked at the new face with a curious expression.

"Nevermind Yuki. Where is Honda-kun?"
Hatori's voice was almost as sharp as his expression, breaking the boy from his interested gaze.

"In the garden.. Akito-sama came outside, and told us he needed to talk to Onee-chan alone."

"And when we came back outside Honda-kun had fallen unconscious."
Yuki had finished what Kisa was about to say, for her.

Before Mayuki could even think who this Honda-kun might be, the little girl was dragging Hatori outside quickly by the hand.
Such strength for such a small girl.

The boy still hadn't left the office however, he only stood, still staring at Mayuki.

"Who are you? I want you to answer me this time."

"I'm Mayuki.. Sohma."
She smiled brightly, holding out her hand for the boy to shake. He only gave it a cautious glance though.

Spirits dropped a small bit, Mayuki's smile faltered.
What was wrong with her?

"How come I've never met you before? If you a Sohma?"

"My father was Kyrino Sohma."
Mayuki whispered, glancing at the door as Hatori came inside, a small girl held in his arms away from his body so he wouldn't be able to change.

"Yo- You have to be joking.. you can't be his daughter."

"You told him?"
Hatori asked, placing the girl on the sofa where Akito had sat just before, before closing his eyes while his hand rested in his coat pocket.

"Does Akito know?"
The boy asked, not paying attention to Hatori and not dropping his gaze from Mayuki's eyes.
This girl HAD to be his daughter, they looked too much alike not to be.

"No.."
Mayuki's gaze fell to the ground.

"And Shigure?"

"Who's Shigure?"
Mayuki's eyes traveled up to this boy's violet ones questionably.

"He's Kyrino's first child. Your brother."
Hatori answered quickly, his eyes snapping open to meet hers, before the boy could answer for himself.

"M- my brother?"

"Yeah.. Tohru, me and Kyo live with him about half an hour away from here."

"I'm Yuki by the way."
He smiled at the new woman, she was definitely a part of the family. No mistaking that. And she couldn't have been cursed, like the rest were.

"U- u- uh huh.."
She breathed, still in shock from all the information she was taking in, on such little time too.
And she still hardly had found out a small percentage about her family.

"Maybe you should take Kisa home, by the time you arrive back Honda-kun should be awake again."

Taking it as a demand to leave the main quarters, Yuki took a hold of Kisa's hand and waved to Mayuki before turning back around.

"Make sure you visit us sometime."
Yuki told Mayuki, glowing at her, making her smile widely. It felt good to be accepted.

"Yuki.. not a word to Akito."
Hatori demanded, a ghost of a smile casting across his lips at the connection between Yuki and Mayuki.
She's definitely going to have a new effect on everyone in this family..
Sign up to rate and review this story