Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Rhyme of the Wolf

Attack

by Neonz 3 reviews

The chapter that is the second. Stuff happens in this one. Wow.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-11-28 - Updated: 2006-11-28 - 1414 words - Complete

0Unrated
I decided to update. Yay! ^^

So, anyway, I don't own Class of the Titans. No duh.

Okays, so, fighting and violent stuff in this chapter. Be warned.

_________________________________________


Attack


Atlanta peered around a tree. She held a bow. There was a quiver on her waist, holding hunting arrows.

Archie stayed a little ways back. 'Why did I ever agree to do this?' He asked himself. About thirty minutes ago, he had overheard Atlanta complaining that she wanted to go hunting, but it would be too dangerous to go alone. Archie quickly volunteered, and here he was. Other than Cronus's goons, he hadn't been hunting in his life.

"Be quiet, there's a herd of white-tailed deer," Atlanta hissed to Archie.

Archie nodded. He was bored. She had told him to be quiet ten times already. He hadn't said anything since they entered the New Olympia Forest.

Atlanta closed one eye, strung an arrow, and aimed at a young buck in the group.

Before she could fire, the herd of deer perked up, and ran.

Atlanta sighed. "You better not have done anything," She warned Archie, "It would have been a clear shot too."

Archie looked around. Something wasn't right. "Atlanta, the deer aren't running away from us. They're coming towards us!"

"What?" Atlanta looked around, and surely enough, the deer were heading their way. "That's strange..." She commented.

The deer rampaged towards them. Seeing Archie and Atlanta, they turned and veered off a bit. Atlanta spotted the reason.

"There, Archie. See it?" She pointed forward, "There's a wolf over there."

Archie squinted and saw the wolf. "There's only one. I thought wolves hunted in packs?"

"They do. This one must be a straggler. If wolves disobey the rules, they get evicted from the pack, and have to hunt on their own. It's a hard life." She frowned with sympathy for the wolf.

A little ways away, the wolf spotted them. Her eyes grew wide. "These are two. They will soon be removed." Tangy started towards them.

"Um...Atlanta? Do wolves attack humans?"

"Not normally, Archie. Why?"

Archie pointed to the approaching wolf. "This one's coming our way."

Atlanta was confused. Would a wolf be hungry enough to attempt to eat a human? She doubted it. Something was up. Atlanta took a step backwards. "Maybe...we should go..."

"Good plan," Archie agreed.

Archie and Atlanta turned around and started walking nervously back. Noticing, Tangy broke into a run, letting a howl escape her as she did.

Archie and Atlanta looked back at the sound. "RUN!" They yelled at the same time, and started running from the wolf.

Tangy smirked and ran faster. She had soon caught up, and circled to face them. "Kill, murder, it must be done. What one of you will be number one?"

Archie gaped at the wolf, "What the...?" He didn't finish his sentence. Tangy had jumped toward him, snarling. Archie pulled out his Hephaestus whip. "If that's how you want to play, so be it." Archie said, lashing the whip around.

Tangy leaped at him, the agility of the wolf surprised him, and Tangy managed to get on top of him.

"Archie!" Atlanta yelled. Running over to the Archie, she managed to tackle the wolf off of Archie, but Tangy recoiled and tackled Atlanta. She skidded a few feet on the ground.

Archie and Atlanta got up. "She's strong," Atlanta gasped.

"I'm calling Jay," Archie declared, and brought out his PMR.


OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO


Herry, Theresa, Jay and Odie were watching a movie that had come up on television. It was about Jason and the Argonauts, which was the only reason Jay had taken his mind of Cronus, and why Odie had taken his eyes off of his computer.

Neil found the movie rather boring, and left within the first few minutes to take a shower. He immerged happily from the bathroom, nodding at his reflection in the three panel mirror he was holding. He sat down with the others watching the movie, but concentrated on himself.

Herry munched on popcorn, and was about to offer some to Theresa, when she froze up.

A snarling wolf advanced on two people. On a closer look, the two people were Archie and Atlanta, their faces stricken with fear. Suddenly the wolf leaped on the two.

Theresa snapped out of it to find Herry waving a bag of popcorn over her face, and Jay, Odie, and Neil looking at her with confused expressions.

"I said, do you want any popcorn?" Herry asked.

Theresa shook her head. "I had a vision. Archie and Atlanta are in trouble."

Just then, Jay's PMR rang. The group looked curiously over as he answered.

"Hello?" Jay said.

"Jay? It's Archie." Snarls could be heard in the background.

"Is everything alright?" Jay asked, concerned.

"Depends. Do you think a talking wolf that's attempting to kill us is alright?"

"Where are you?" Jay asked. The others were getting up.

"On the edge of New Olympia Forest. Arg!" There was another snarl in the background, followed by several cracks of Archie's whip. "Hurry!"

Jay hung up. "Come on, we have to go!" The others nodded, and followed.


OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO


Tangy ducked. Archie's whip had missed her by centimeters. Tangy looked up, smirking, "Just give up now. You? Win?" Her eyes flashed red. "How?"

Atlanta threw her bolas at the wolf, but she easily leaped out of the way, causing the bolas to wrap themselves around a thin tree.

Tangy lowered her head, and charged at Atlanta. Atlanta turned backwards to run, but came face-to-face with a tree. She turned to run left, but Tangy had already gotten to her.

"Atlanta!" Archie yelled, charging at the wolf.

Tangy raised her paw, revealing sharp claws. She swiped; aiming for Atlanta's face, but Archie came in and tackled the wolf. Instead, Tangy's claws managed the graze her left leg.

Atlanta screamed in pain as the sharp claws left four, long marks, extending from the middle of her thigh to right above her ankle. She tried to get up, but stumbled and fell down again.

Tangy hit Archie down and advanced toward Atlanta. Tangy grabbed a struggling Atlanta and threw her against the tree. Atlanta's head hit the tree. Hard. She fell unconscious.

Tangy turned away from Atlanta. She could be finished off later.

Archie got up. His first instinct was to help Atlanta, but that proved impossible since Tangy was in the way. Instead, he brought out his whip and flung it. He was surprised when the whip managed to get around the wolf's head. He tugged. The whip didn't cut though like it should have. Instead, it pulled a surprised wolf down.

"Archie!"

Archie turned his head to see the other five members of the group running towards him. "Finally!" He sighed in relief.

Tangy got up, and yanked on the whip, causing Archie to fall over.

"Gotcha!" Herry yelled. He picked up Archie, and began helping him tug the wolf.

While Tangy was busy fighting Herry and Archie, Theresa came over and punched the wolf in the back of the head, knocking her unconscious. Both Herry and Archie sighed with relief.

"Here." Archie handed Herry his whip. "I guess we'll have to tug her back. She wouldn't be safe here."

Jay nodded, "Besides, Cronus might have something to do with it. We should consult Hera. She might know what to do."

Neil stood mockingly behind Jay, moving his mouth correctly to everything he said.

"Wait," Odie questioned, "Where's Atlanta?"

Archie's eyes became wide as he remembered. "Atlanta!" He ran over to the spot she had fallen unconscious. The other members followed.

"She's losing blood, fast," Odie commented, pointing at her leg, and at a gash marking where she hit her head.

Neil backed squeamishly away.

Theresa kneeled down and pressed her hand against Atlanta's head, trying to stop the bleeding.

Archie took off his shirt, and ripped it into strips. He wrapped the strips around Atlanta's leg, but the blood still seeped through.

"We have to get her back. Chiron might be able to help her," Jay said.

Archie nodded, and picked Atlanta up. They started off, back to school. Herry was bringing up the rear because he was tugging along Tangy. It would be too dangerous to pick her up; she might wake up at any moment.

______________________________________________________


What'll happen now? Will Atlanta be okay? And what will happen with Tangy?

I'll update as soon as I feel like it.

Reviews make me feel like it.

-winkwinknudgenudge-
Sign up to rate and review this story