Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

56

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2120 words

0Unrated
Spike felt the cool splash of water on his face. Where in the bloody hell was he? It wasn't anywhere he could ever remember being. It was somewhat familiar in that it looked like the caves that Evil Riley had taken over and that he had tried to help defeat along side Buffy.
Buffy! Where was his love. The one that seemed to believe in him no matter what. That was an excellent question. Better yet still was where he was. Back to that old question. He shook off the excess water as it splashed him for a second time.
"What the bloody hell is going on?" Spike surveyed the area now that his eyes seemed to be able to focus. Standing in front of him were these vampires. He didn't recognize them. His gaze went a little further and he finally recognized the familiar figure of Drusilla. "Luv, what are you up to?"
Drusilla smiled big. "I'm not up to much." That's when a familiar blond was pulled out of the shadows. "Except for this."
"Buffy!" Spike pulled away from the cavern walls. But he was held up fast by chains. "What the bloody hell are you going to do with her?"
"What a vampire usually does with a slayer." Drusilla began to giggle. She looked up to the ceiling of the cavern. "It's what the stars told me to do. They told me that it was time for a new slayer to take over. So, after I have my bit of fun with her, we shall kill her nice and proper like."
Spike pulled even harder on his chains. "I won't let you do this. I will bloody well stop you. You know that I'm better at this then you are."
Drusilla sauntered up to the bleach blond vampire. She put a hand on his face. "I think not, my luv. You see, this time I have someone on my side that is more powerful then you."
Faith walked out of the shadows. "Cool. So this is where the party is going on. I was wondering if I missed it or something."
Buffy turned her eyes on the rogue slayer. It had been two days since the council had tried to take her. And the blond slayer had thought that she had repented. But if she truly was working for Drusilla, then there was no turning back now. Damn having gone off on her own after Spike. She should have listened to Giles and had waited for the backup.
But Drusilla had been so convincing. And that was going to be her downfall. And by the looks of it, Faith's as well. And that was something that the original slayer could not forgive herself for.
"Yo B!" Faith came up to where her counterpart was tied and gagged. "You look like you've seen better days. You go choosen the side of good over evil? Hmm. Gotta tell ya, been on both sides." She turned to look at Drusilla. "I know when I say that it pays off to see where the biggest payoff is."
"Exactly my dear." Drusilla turned from Spike. "You see, I've found this nice little ritual. It entails a vampire with a soul and a slayer. Hmm. It would seem that I have both right her in my midst."
"What exactly does it do, pet?" Spike knew that in his spot and Buffy's condition, neither were really going to be able to put up much of a fight.
Drusilla clapped her hands together. "I'm so glad that you asked me that." She started to hop and skip. "This mixture of evil, that would be you my dear William, and this good, the slayer, opens a portal. I'm not sure where to exactly. All I know is that it will bring us him. The ultimate vampire."
The chains rattled as Spike winced at the thought. The legends of the ultimate vampire were partially exaggerated he knew. But he also knew that they were true. It was not like the ubervamps as some called them. No. Those ubervamps were wild beast only for the kill.
The ultimate vampire was said to have gone by the name of Hondreas in life. He was turned nearly five thousand years ago. The one that turned him had made a grave mistake. For Hondreas was not only one of the most powerful warriors of the time, he was also the most powerful of sorcerers around. None could equal his power.
So, by the foolish part of a vampire almost five thousand years ago, the world lived in fear of this creature of the night. Finally, this powerful ring of sorcerers bound him to another dimension. One that there was said to be no key to. Until now.
"Dru, you can't be serious. Why would you want to bring forth something like that?" Spike was feeling rather sane. It appeared that he was finally coming to terms with the pain that his soul gave him. He pushed it aside and now learned to be the good man that he is.
"Why not?" Drusilla giggled. "The end of a true champion such as yourself and a slayer? Now that's what I call very good. And unleashing evil on the world, that's even better."

Willow looked around her. It was a beautiful day in Sunnydale. She was with her everything on a picnic. One similar to the one that she had prepared to celebrate her girl's birthday not that long ago.
But her mood could not match the beauty surrounding her. After all, it was only two days ago that Oz had died. The funeral was the next day. And Tara was trying to not necessarily to cheer her up, but just to let her know that it was all right to grieve and to continue living.
It had seemed since that day that Oz had died, that Willow was sick. Her stomach always seemed to be achy and Tara had spent many hours rubbing it to make it feel better. But nothing she did seemed to help.
So, they sat out in the beautiful sun. Willow watching the coming and goings of their fellow collegians. She had her head in Tara's lap as the blond sat up against a tree. There was the constant stroking by the blond of the redhead.
It was the sheer just being with one another that kept each other going. No matter how bad things got with the baddies, they could always count on one another to be there for the other. And it made all the difference in the world.
The silence between them seemed to go on forever. But yet there was the language that the two lovers had picked up so long ago. Neither really had to say a word and they knew what the other was saying.
And right now, the two were talking. Saying how much they loved one another. How it was all right to grieve for someone that at one time had meant everything to the other. And yet, they were not saying everything.
Suddenly, Willow sat up. She looked into those ocean blue eyes of her girlfriend's, ones that gave her comfort to no end. "Tara? What if something were to happen to you?"
Tara sat up straighter. Even though they had that connection, this was not what she had expected Willow to ask of her. "Why ask such a thing? Don't even think about losing me. We'll be together forever, you know that."
Willow shook her head. "You don't know that for sure. Anything can happen. I never thought Oz would have to sacrifice himself just to save us."
Tara took her hand in her own. "That's true. We've both come close to not surviving. But I can't look at things like that. What if something bad happens way. I want to live the now for the now. And that means you."
Willow smiled at the last statement. She leaned in and gave her girl a gentle kiss. "I know. And for me, that means you." The redhead placed her head back in her lover's lap. "I know the feeling oh so well. I just didn't think I'd lose Oz the way I did. It was hard enough to let go in the first place."
The blond kept stroking her arm gently. "I remember you telling me how hard it was. But it was for the best."
"Definitely. It would have been harder for me and you." Again, the redhead sat up. "It was because we met the way that we did that it told me that I should let go of Oz and try to start something new. I never really knew that would mean actually having the great life that we have now."
Tara put her hand on the soft cheek of her girl and caressed softly. "What is really bothering you?" A sad smile crept on to her face when the realization hit. "You are blaming yourself for his death."
The redhead turned away from her. She should have known that her girl would be able to see through her. After all, they had been through so much. And there was that connection. "If he still hadn't had this thing for me and wanted to prove himself, he never would have tried getting rid of wolfy like he did. And maybe he would still be alive now."
Tara pulled her into a hug. "You cannot blame yourself for how others behave. You made it clear when you broke up with him that it was because the feelings weren't there. Then you told him that you were seeing me. He knew that the feelings weren't there, not beyond friendship. You have nothing to be guilty for."
"I guess." Willow sighed heavily. The past few years seemed to be getting to her. So many of their loved ones had died. First there was Jesse. Then Miss Calendar. So many died when the school was blown up. And then, Riley had died. Now Oz. Who was going to be next among them.
"There's more." Tara again forced those green eyes to her blue ones. "I think we've come back to the fact that you are afraid that I'm going to be next."
Willow shrugged and pulled out of the comforting hug. She stood up and put her hand to her tummy that was all rumbly for some reason. "We can't predict the future. We can only live the present as some wise person said to me."
Tara stood up and wrapped her arms around her witch. "And that's why I suggested this picnic. So that we could forget what happened just a couple days ago, forget what is to happen tomorrow and just be with one another like it should always be."
That brought a smile to the redhead's face. "Yes it should."
They stood there like that for what seemed like hours, but in told it was only a few minutes. They seemed to be able to live a life time together in short amounts of time. That wonderful connection that they had.
The sun set slowly. It was one of the most beautiful sunsets that either women had witnessed. It was like the events of the past few days had not happened. It was like they were the only two people that existed in the world.
Before darkness could entirely engulf the world around them, they packed up the picnic and quickly made their way to their apartment. Neither bothered to look at the answering machine that was desperately flashing a message at them.
Instead, Tara made her way over to the stereo. She pushed the repeat button before she pushed play. The song came on. Their song. The one that they both loved to dance to endlessly.
'I Can't Take my Eyes off of You' slowly came out of the speakers. Tara came and took the redhead in her arms. She leaned her shoulder on the redhead's. They swayed gently to the music. One that seemed so fitting for the two of them.
As they held one another, the world disappeared. It was just the two of them and no one else. It wasn't long before the two witches were floating on air. Floating on the love that they had for one another.
Nothing could bring them down. They could only be one. There was only one thing that would ever pull them a part. But that was not what this night was about. It was about the two of them. And what their love was capable of. And that might even surprise the two of them to find out what their love could bring forward.
Sign up to rate and review this story