Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

57

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2046 words

0Unrated
Giles was in a total panic. He'd managed to call Willow and Tara, but there had been no response. Not that him moaning on the other end would have been an indication to where or who he was. For he was still in his living room, tied and gagged, by the rogue slayer.
And after they had fought so hard to keep her away from the council. It felt like a total and absolute betrayal to him that she had yet again apparently turned her back on Buffy and the fighting of good.
The watcher was having trouble staying awake at this moment. He hadn't eaten or really slept in several days. It was likely that if someone didn't come across him and soon, he would not survive this whole ordeal.
It felt funny to him. After all the scoobies had been through, you'd think one of them would have at least checked in once on him. Especially with the watcher's council breathing down his and everyone's neck.
But he supposed they all had their own lives. And Buffy now in love with another vampire with a soul was not what he had expected. He just prayed that it ended better then things had with Angel before he had left.
That was one thing that the watcher intended to do. Confront one slayer about her feelings. It couldn't be good for either her or the vampire. Even if the vampire now truly was a good man.
The headache that Giles was having suddenly got so much worse. There were so many things that he needed to do. And so little time to do it all in. He just hoped that someone would come along to hopefully save him.

Drusilla positioned Spike and Buffy in the middle of the cavern. She smiled bigger then ever at the thoughts of what was soon to come. She would be in control of the ultimate vampire and she would then rule this mortal world.
Not that that was really what this was all about. She wanted her revenge on her ex lover Spike. He had shunned her and all her kind by actually going out and getting a soul. All so that he could impress his young slayer.
And that was fine with her. This just gave her yet another reason to hate the slayer. And Faith coming along and offering her services was just what the doctor had ordered. It helped things immensely.
The slayer and vampire were sitting back to back in the middle of a circle of black candles. They were both now wearing black robes, all in the name of ceremony.
Drusilla began dancing around. This was just all so much fun. Taking care of people that you hated and to end the world at the same time. It was all that a demon could hope or wish for. That or an endless supply of blood donors.
Faith watched the vampire carefully. Things were not going like she had planned them. Perhaps she shouldn't have cold-cocked Giles after all. And maybe she should have waited for backup.
But that was something she wasn't used to yet. People actually believing in her and trying to be there for her no matter what. No one in her life had been until the mayor.
And even then, there was a catch to it. After all, he had been evil. It was at the price that she hurt other people that she actually had someone love her and protect her.
Then, Buffy had come along again. And she stood up for her and rescued her from those damn watchers. And Giles had been there right by her side. And yet, she didn't think she could trust them enough.
Or was it herself that she could not trust. The rogue slayer held back a grin at this thought. She couldn't do anything to draw attention to herself. She had to keep up the act that she had going on. The one that made Drusilla think that she hated Buffy and anyone associated with her.
But it made her think. It wasn't because Buffy and the others would not trust her, although it would take time again to build that back up. No, it was because she still didn't believe in herself that she was in this position. And that meant that Buffy and the vampire were now in big time danger.
The rogue slayer had watched the whole process. She knew that it wouldn't be long and she'd have to make her move. The vampire she was dealing with was insane and known for little bitty if not great big mood swings.
And from what she'd learned, the process was one that neither the vampire or slayer may live through. Her one thought was that it had to be started before she could rescue them. Giles had feared that this was a possibility.
And from his accounts, the only way to seal up the door to whatever dimension that this ultimate vampire was in was to stop the ritual in the middle. And that was gonna making timing everything as that old saying goes.
Drusilla walked over to a chest that Faith had noticed one of the several lackey vampires had brought in. The vampire opened it and pulled out a sword. This made the slayer straighten a little. It was time. The ritual would soon be starting.
The insane vampire made her way over to where the rogue slayer still leaned on the cave wall looking all nonchalant, like this was no big deal. When in fact it could be a very important step on her road to redemption.
With an insane smile on her face, Drusilla handed the slayer the sword. "You see, I think this would be a great opportunity for us to see just how loyal you are. And I find it fitting that a slayer does in a vampire."
Without a moments worth of hesitation, Faith grabbed the sword. "Wicked hardware!" She faked lunged for a moment. In the back of her mind was how much more complicated things had gotten for her.
Drusilla giggled like a school girl. "And it has one very important use." She turned to her ex lover and his new love. "It will eliminate a slayer and her lover."
Faith walked over to where Buffy and Spike were tied together. "You know what they say, B. Payback is a bitch." That's when she pulled the sword back, ready to shove it through the other slayer's still beating heart and Spike's unbeating one. How fitting, right through the heart.

Willow sighed. Tara had her armed wrapped around her waist as they lay in bed with one another. It had indeed been a magical night. One without the magicks and that was the best kind. For they had gotten to yet again show one another how much they loved one another.
Oz's funeral had been the hardest thing that she had ever been through. But at least there had been a body. With some of their past friends, it was just a disappearance. There was no body so they could not actually have a funeral.
The thought flashed again at how much she had lost sense she had realized that all the evil in the world was really real. It wasn't just some fairytale that parents told their kids to make them behave themselves.
If she ever had kids, she wouldn't do that to them. Life was hard enough with the every day dangers and normal routine. Why would you pile on to that ignorance as well.
Not that that was an option anyways. Well, yeah, there were ways for a lesbian couple to have kids. But none that would involve both of them being a part of the child's makeup. One would carry the child and the other play surrogate mother.
This thought saddened the witch. She had never thought about having children. Not til this wonderful woman had entered her life. With Oz, it was that she was way too young to even think that far ahead besides knowing that she wasn't ready.
But with Tara, it was different. There were no doubts in her mind. None at all. The woman asleep beside her was always going to be in her life. There was no way that she could live without her. So that part was simple enough.
But what about college? And she was only twenty years old. Both were still so young and had so much life ahead of them to live. Of course, it would be lived together. Of that, she was certain. More then that, she was unsure.
Willow chuckled softly. Why was she thinking about all of this now. Was it because she had just lost someone that had meant so much to her and therefore she wanted to know that life went on by being able to create a life?
That was something for her to think about. Such serious thoughts for so early in the morning. It was so wild that these thoughts would even enter her mind. Where were they coming from. That's when the most beautiful woman she had ever laid her eyes upon started to slowly wake up.
It wasn't long before blue eyes were meeting green ones. They stared at one another for the longest time. They smiled big as the morning ritual came to pass. And that was Tara leaning up on an elbow and kissing her lover with all the love that she felt in her body.
They pulled back from one another. Smiles that could light up a blacked out community on each other's face. Just the simple knowing that both of them were there and would never leave was all that they ever needed to know.
Willow was the first to break the golden silence that sat between the two of them. "Morning."
Again, Tara leaned in for a quick kiss. "Morning."
There was nothing but silence for the longest of times. Willow wasn't sure of what the blond was thinking, only that she herself was remembering those things. Those ideas about possibly wanting a child with this gorgeous woman.
That's when she felt it. Just like she had for the past few mornings straight. She put her hand to her mouth and took off for their bathroom. She made just in time.
Tara quickly made her way to the doorway. It worried her that her lover was yet again sick. It wasn't like Willow to be sick. She was one of the strongest people that the blond had ever met. So it gave her reason to worry, that was for sure.
"Are you all right?" She asked as she had for the past several mornings. Again, there was fear mixed in with concern.
Finally having heaved all that she could, Willow weakly stood up and made her way to the sink. She splashed some cold water on her face and took a sip. "As all right as I have been."
Tara came up behind her and wrapped her arms around her. "You really need to go to the doctors. This could be serious and I want you feeling all good."
Willow shrugged. She stared at the reflection in the mirror. Her standing with Tara wrapped tightly around her gave her the most comfort. She was the only one that could make her feel better no matter what.
"I'm calling the doctor now." Before Willow could protest, Tara was off to the phone in the living room. That's when she finally noticed the blinking message. "Willow!" The redhead quickly joined her. "Did you notice when we got this message?"
Willow shook her head no. "We've been a little preoccupied the last couple days." She pushed the button.
At first, it sounded like a prank phone call. There were just muffled sounds and heavy breathing. Willow was about to stop the tape when she heard something familiar. It was the sound of the clock at Giles' tolling three.
"Oh my Goddess!" Willow and Tara quickly ran into the bedroom to get their clothes on. Something had probably happened to Giles. And who knows who else. All while the two of them were being happy with one another.
Sign up to rate and review this story