Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

58

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2049 words

0Unrated
Willow was having trouble keeping going. Her stomach just wasn't up to par. But the man that meant so much to her was in trouble. She was cursing herself for having yet once again gotten so involved with her own life. But hey, didn't she deserve to be happy too?
And at least Tara was still by her side as always. With her rock by her side, she could face anything. And they had. It still surprised her what the two of them had been through in such a short time, that was for sure.
When they got to Giles' door, it was still shut. For some reason, she had thought that she would find it all smashed in or something. But it was still intact. She just hoped that her friend was still all right inside.
"Should we wait for Xander and Anya?" Willow took Tara's hand in her own. They had called them just before they had run out of their apartment.
"I'm not sure." Tara's voice was one of uncertain. "I mean, Giles is probably in pretty bad shape at the moment." Her heart sank as she said it. She just didn't want to believe that anything was wrong with the watcher.
Willow took a deep breath. She gave Tara's hand a squeeze. The blond witch knew immediately that her girlfriend had come to a decision. And that was to go ahead and see if Giles were indeed all right. So, she also took a deep breath.
Slowly, the redhead opened the door. The apartment was actually still pretty much intact. There were no signs of a struggle at all. Just a few things out of place, well, for the normally neat former librarian anyways.
They both walked in cautiously. Both holding their breaths thinking that someone or something could jump out at them at any time. And from past experience, it could very well just do that.
"Find anything yet?" The voice from behind them scared them so that they jumped. Willow was already performing a little barrier. Xander held up his hands. "Sorry, guys. Just wondering if you found G-man yet."
Both witches let a long and deep breath. That's when they heard the moan. The two witches ran to the sound. There was Giles still tied up and gagged. Willow waved her hand in the air, even though it would just have been as easy to untie him. But he'd already been like that for so long.
Xander came up behind them. He helped pick up the watcher and get him to the couch. Without saying a word, Anya made her way to the kitchen and brought back with her a glass of water. The watcher gladly took a sip. His eyes seemed a little glazed over. They just couldn't seem to focus at all.
The four young adults stood and watched him in silence. It was a very concerned silence, but still they wanted him to be the one to speak. He was the one that he needed the time.
After several minutes, Giles' eyes seemed to regain their focus. He smiled as he looked up at four of the young people that meant so much to him. It was a wonder how close they had grown in such a short time and all over the slaying. It was like it was meant to be.
"Have any of you seen Buffy?" That was his first statement. Of course, there was no concern for himself. It was his charge he thought of. Or was it his daughter?
Willow shook her head. "No, we came straight here when we finally got your message. Sorry it took so long. We haven't seen Spike or Faith either for a couple days in fact."
"Ah, yes." Giles sighed heavily. "About Faith. She's the one that put me in this predicament. I told her what I thought was going on. That someone had kidnapped Spike so that they could perform a particular ritual. And of course, with Buffy being gone as well, I'm afraid that we could very well face the biggest threat we have ever had to face."
"Not again." Everyone glared at Xander's comment. He shrugged. "Like everyone wasn't thinking it. So Faith has turned to the dark side already. That just sucks. Where do you think they could have gone?"
"Not quite sure." Giles began rubbing the back of his head. "I'm afraid that I'm in no condition to help. Other then thinking and that is giving me a bloody headache. You four will have to try and find them and stop them."
"Stop exactly what?" Willow nodded to Tara who immediately understood. "We have to know what we are up against for us to be able to be able to face whatever it is. Especially with Faith involved. I remember how fun it was to face the rogue slayer the last time around."
Giles briefly told them about the most powerful vampire ever and what untold deeds he had done. And what the ritual entailed. And if that they could only seal the portal after which it had started. But he had no clue as to where or by whom it was being performed.
"That's an easy problem." Willow stood up as Tara came back. She handed the redhead an ice pack who in turn gave it to Giles. "You rest up. Tara and I can do a locator spell. If not for Faith, we should easily be able to do one for Buffy. Then the four of us can go. If you think you'll be all right here on your own that is."
"Of course I shall. I thank you though." Giles stood up uneasily. "I just wish I knew what exactly to prepare you for. I only sensed the ritual because of a few dates that coincided. There where no clues of who would be behind them."
"We'll be all right. You just rest." Willow turned to the others. "Look, we don't have a whole lot of time. You've got your car, right Xander?"
"But of course." Xander nodded. "You want me and Anya to load up on weapons while you do the locator thingy?"
"That would help a great deal." Willow sighed. "All right. This is the plan. You drop us off at our apartment. It's where all our supplies are. Then, you go to Buffy's and get as many weapons as you can. Come back as soon as you are loaded up. I just hope that we can get there in time."
Faith was sweating. She still held the sword in her hand. It was at the ready. All she had to do was plunge it into her fellow slayer's heart and through her back and into the vampire's as well.
But something was stopping her. And it wasn't because she had decided to be good. Something was telling her that if she didn't stop now, there was no way that she could get Buffy back. Which was stupid. Hello! Stabbing through the heart here.
There was a voice in the back of her head that was telling her that if she could stall, just a little while, help would be on it's way. But how in the hell could she stall a vampire that was literally insane?
And she looked around her. She hadn't realized that there were so many lackey vampires. There had to be at least two dozen or more. And that's when her eyes met her once archenemies eyes. Those eyes were full of fear. Something she had never seen before. Not from B anyways.
A little smile played on her face. She mouthed, "Don't worry B. I got your back." The blond raised an eyebrow then slowly nodded her head so that Faith knew that she understood. That was all good and dandy. But she still had to stall.
So Faith turned around. The vampire eyed her for a moment. "What's the matter, slayer?" Drusilla took a step towards her. "You can't, can you?"
Faith chuckled slightly. "It's not that, yo." She put the sword down to her side. "It's the fact that if I remember what G-man had said, the ritual had to take place at a certain time. Are you sure that this is it?"
That froze the vampire. She hadn't really thought about that. "You are a wise little slayer." Drusilla clapped her hands. A vampire with glasses made his way to her. "This young thing has a point. Are you certain that everything goes according to plan?"
The male vampire began fidgeting. "I'm almost sure. I mean, I think that everything is going according to schedule."
Drusilla held up a hand. "You'd best be making sure that everything is going according to plan. After all, I'll be just a little cranky if things should not go as they are to."
The male vampire began shaking a little. "I'll just go over things one more time. I, I..." He trailed off at her look of warning. "It won't take that long."
"See that it doesn't." The vampire sighed. She turned back towards Faith. "Well, now. I'm not used to slayers being big on the thinking. Thank you for that. I'm going to go out for a bit. Me tummy is a little rumbly. But I'll be back shortly. You keep an eye on our guests."
"Sure thing." Faith watched as the vampire and about a half dozen of the lackeys followed her out the entrance to the cavern. All the other lackeys seemed to be preoccupied. So she thought she'd take her chances. "B?"
The blond slayer looked up at the dark haired slayer. Still being gagged, she could not talk. But her eyes expressed a lot. And there was still wonderment in them. Wondering if she could truly trust the other slayer.
"It's cool. I'm having to play along." Faith came in a little closer. "I screwed up, though. I thought I needed to go it alone. Giles is, well, out of it. And the others don't know. I'm so stupid. It's just you and me. And I'm just so worried that I'm going to screw up."
Buffy's eyes shown bright for a moment. If she could, she would tell her that she had faith in her. That she was a slayer, to just follow her instincts that everything soon would be all right. But she couldn't. She could only smile through the gag and try and communicate with her eyes.
That's when the familiar voice entered her head. "Buffy, it's Willow. We're outside the cavern now. But I wanted to know what was going on in there before we came in blind. Is Faith in there with you? And is she all evilly?"
Not knowing exactly what to do, Buffy began to think her response, which the witch received loud and clear. "Right now there are only about eighteen vamps. Faith is here, but I think she's of the good. And watch out. Drusilla is the ringmaster here. She just left a few minutes ago. But she only went out to feed. So be careful. And trust Faith. Talk to her as well."
"All right." Willow's voice was now inside of Faith. "Faith, listen. Xander, Anya, Tara, and I are outside. We're coming in. You get the party started. Just be careful and watch out for Buffy. I'm going to put up a slight barrier and warning alarm so that we'll know when Drusilla gets back."
"Yo! Don't scare a chick like that." Faith managed to keep from speaking it out loud. "You guys just take of yourselves. Be careful. I'll watch out for B." She immediately sliced the restraints. Buffy removed her own gag. And that's when the fighting began. Buffy saw to Spike's restraints.
The fighting went on for several minutes. Tara and Willow were using the magicks, while the rest used swords and stakes. They seemed to have the upper hand. There were only about five vamps left when a voice echoed throughout the cavern.
"I don't think so." Drusilla smiled big. And following her in were not the half dozen vamps she left with, but about thirty. And some nasty looking demons as well. "Time for a party I'd say." That's when all hell broke loose.
Sign up to rate and review this story