Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

60

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2122 words

0Unrated
Two weeks had gone by and nothing. No peep out of Drusilla or any big bads for that matter. There were still the occasional vampire and demon sighting that both Faith and Buffy took care of easily on routine patrols.
The gang had been researching all that time to figure out what the mad vampire was really up to. It was just a mystery to them all. Even Giles was a little more then baffled. It definitely didn't have anything to do with this ultimate vampire. That had always been a ruse.
But to which end? If she didn't want to unleash this creature upon the world, what is it that she exactly wanted? It was still beyond anyone's grasp at this moment. And that was so not of the good.
The gang still did not know that Willow was pregnant with Tara's child. They were still too happy just basking in the knowledge that soon they would have a little one that was both a part of each of them.
That was something that an ordinary loving same sex couple could never experience. But because of the magicks, these two young women were going to get that chance. If only it were possible without the magicks. A miracle for many couples.
There had been one interesting development during those two weeks. The Magic Box had gone up for sale. It seemed that the owner was tired of all of the little things happening. Vampires coming in, demons wrecking the place, oh and of course the life expectancy of an owner was all of three seconds.
So, Giles had seen fit to purchase the establishment. All of the gang had offered to help run it in between their busy lives. Anya had taken an instant liking to the concept of selling things and making money and she had considerable knowledge of the inventory so she was made a full time employee.
It gave the gang a place to meet other then Giles apartment which was a great relief to the former librarian. He would soon have his own space back. Not that he had much of a life. Yet.
After the Drusilla situation was taken care of, he planned on changing that. But to do that, he would have to have a nice little chat with his slayer. Because that was how he still felt about Buffy, she was and always would be his slayer. And because the fact that he found himself incredibly attracted to her mother would be the bigger reason to have a nice chat with her.
So much happening and yet nothing happening in the little town of Sunnydale. It was easy to see why most residents ignored all of the strange things that happened. But not these scoobies. They knew better. And they continued to fight the good fight.
And the fight was now beneath the town of Sunnydale. It was not in the sewers. That would not be fitting of her insaneness. Of the places that Drusilla had stayed while in Sunnydale, the mansion was the place that she had loved the best. The factory had been livable, but not up to what she would prefer.
So, in a cavern that was not far from underneath The Magic Box, she and a friend had set up shop. It was a rather lovely place once her lackey vampires had decorated it. And of course, she had her dollies.
"How much longer do I have to wait?" Drusilla carried around a little redheaded doll. "Miss Edna is getting impatient, as am I. I didn't like leaving that dance."
The man looked up from one of his many books that were laying around. He was a very familiar figure to the scoobies. He had caused a lot of havoc over the years. "Well now luv." Ethan stood up and came towards the mad vampire. "I'm terribly sorry that I had to make you miss out on that soiree. I'm quite sure that a fun time would be had by all."
"I had not one, but two slayers." Drusilla's bottom lip began sticking out as she began pouting. "I've only taken the life of one slayer. And it was quite exhilarating, it was. And I had the chance for two."
"I know. And again, I do apologize." Ethan walked closer to the insane vampire. But he knew not to get too close. "But there is something very important that I've come back to this place for. There will soon be the birth of something powerful in this town. But it won't happen for nearly nine months."
"Oh! Oh!" Drusilla began skipping around. "The child of the witches. How soon could I forget. I'm all excited. That power will help Miss Edna a great deal."
"Yes it will, pet." Ethan returned to his books. He had found the prophecy about three months ago. It told of two powerful witches that were to produce a child. One that would be even more powerful. So powerful, that if under the right control, chaos and the end of the world would soon not be far away. And that was a thought that the old sorcerer liked very much.
""""""""""""""""

Anya stood behind the counter. The lunch rush had just gotten done. It would now be quiet time. So she wandered around the store and went from shelf to shelf to see if anything needed stocking. That's when the door opened.
Her face lit up right away. She already had that fake retail smile going on. Even though she hated dealing with most people. "Hello sir. Is there something I can help you with?"
He smiled. This was perfect timing. Rupert didn't appear to be around or any of the other scoobies. "I have a list of things I'll be needing. I would be ever so grateful if you could help me to gather them up."
"It would be my pleasure." There was that insincere politeness that every retail person had to learn if they actually wanted to make a profit. And Anya seemed to be an expert at it already. "What is on the list?"
Ethan pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket. "This will do for starters. I shall be back for more when the time arises." He also put on his best fake smile. He was so good at charming people. And this young lady was no different.
Anya hustled and got all the ingredients on the list "That is quite the impressive list. And you say you'll be back for more? Well, I thank you in advance for your patronage."
"Thank you my dear." Ethan took the large bag from her after he had of course paid with cash. "It is indeed a pleasure to do business with someone as lovely as you."
"Again, thank you." Just as he was about to go out the door she said, "and please do come again. We value your patronage."
Ethan chuckled. If she only knew. If any of those scoobies knew. So much for promises. He remembered what he has said the last time. That he would be good. But that was never going to be the case. He could not think of one thing in this world that would ever change him. That would make him actually want the world to be peaceful. He just wanted chaos and he wanted power."""
"""

"I just had the funniest of thoughts." Willow was sitting at her computer in the living room of her and Tara's apartment. It was a Saturday afternoon and they had no classes. So the young witch was doing research. On two fronts. One, of course the Drusilla one which was proving pointless and the other more personal one.
"And what's that, Sweetie?" Tara was sitting on the couch. She had several magick books spread out with her. They would need some very powerful defenses and offense that could still be kept under control the next time that they faced off with the vampire. Doing what she did took power. And that scared the young blond. After all, the woman that she loved was carrying her child.
"Well, what if Giles was my real dad?" Tara looked up from the book that she had been reading. "I know that there are how many people out there in England. And there are how many people here in California. What would the odds of Giles and whoever my mother is hooking up. It would be interesting to say the least."
Tara smiled so big. "It would be interesting. But in a way, it would be very nice as well. I mean, Giles would make the most wonderful father in the world. In a way, he already does to all of us."
"I know." Willow smiled at her everything. "It's really a silly thought. And maybe just wishful thinking and all. But it still just keeps running around in my head."
"It's not silly." Tara's radiant smile lit up the room. "And again I say that it would be one of the best presents you could receive in the world."
Willow shook her head. "But not the best present." She got up and made her way over to Tara. "The best present I ever got was meeting you. And you being in my life. A second close is the fact that you and I were able to create a life together. Now that is real magick."
As soon as Willow sat down next to her, Tara kissed her sweetly. "You are the greatest gift that I ever received. This child of ours is just like this big time bonus. One that I'm eternally grateful for." Her eyes got a little sad. "Are we gonna tell the gang soon? I mean, if you want to."
"If I want to?" Willow put her hand on the blond's cheek. "Sweetie, this is the greatest news we've had since we basically got hitched. The two of us having a child, the rest of the gang will probably burst."
"That's true." Tara sighed. "I just am a little scared. This is something so good. And I'm used to something bad happening after something good comes into my life."
"I know what you mean." Willow pulled Tara so that her head was on her shoulder. She wrapped her arm around her shoulder. Her other hand took hold of Tara's. "But we've got one another. And that's what counts. We'll get through anything as long as we stick together."
Tara sighed. "I don't know what I would do without you in my life. You make everything so much better."
"You'll never have to find out." Willow kissed the top of her head. "We're stuck together. For life."
"Mmm. Pleasant thoughts." They sat in silence for several minutes. "Any luck on the research?"
"Not really." Willow sighed. "I can't figure out what Drusilla is up to. And there just isn't enough information to go on with the parental search. It's getting frustrating."
"I have an idea." Tara sat back up. "We planned on it anyways, going back to learn more from the coven. Well, why not while we're in England, we could see if there are any records of your father. You don't even have a name for him though. That's gonna make this rather difficult."
"Nearly impossible." Willow squeezed her hand. "All I know is that he went to Oxford." The redhead's eyes widened. "I just remembered something, so did Giles!"
Tara's smile grew. "Sweetie, remember how many people went to Oxford. It may be a coincidence that he did. Or, maybe he does know your real father. It's just so many possibilities at this time. We've got to narrow it down a bit."
"I know." Willow began pouting. "It's just that now that I'm old enough, I really want to find out who my real parents are. Especially now that we have a little one. I'd like to give them a little bit of a history about their past. I may not really be Jewish after all. Adopted and all. And I want them to grow up knowing who they really are. Unlike me."
"It doesn't matter." Tara took her hand. "Look at me. Look at the family I came from. They were people that anyone would hate admitting they were related to. But they are still my blood family. But I've not got a real family. One that no thing in this world can take away from me."
Willow smiled. "You and I were connected before." She took Tara's hand in her own. She gently placed it on her stomach. "And now, the connection is stronger then ever. It means that neither of us will ever be a part."
Sign up to rate and review this story