Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

61

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2179 words

0Unrated
Spring break had sprung up on the gang. Sophomore year at college had really come and gone so fast already. So many things had happened. And so many things were yet to come. In the life of a scooby, there was always something going to happen.
Quiet was still how to term things on the supernatural front. It was as if all the baddies had gone underground and in hiding. For Buffy and Faith it was like a mini vacation of sorts. They still patrolled every night. And Giles had setup a training facility in the back of The Magic Box. But still, it was eerily quiet for most members of the scoobies.
The one that had changed the most in all of this could arguably be Spike. After all, he had gone from a dead man with a demon inside controlling his blood lust thoughts to a dead man struggling with a demon and a soul.
And that soul was what had nearly driven him insane when he had first received it again. It had been a brutal test to get the bloody thing back. And it had nearly turned him insane. But it was worth it if it made him a better man.
The thought that the vampire could be a better man made Spike laugh. Almost a burst of insane laughter. It was something he had not really done in a few weeks. It was something that he had managed to keep under control. But the thought of him as being a man were too much for him.
There were hints of light spraying about him in his crypt. It was still the nicest place that he could find in any of the many cemeteries of Sunnydale. For he could not live like a man, for he was not a man.
And if he were to stray into those lights, he would soon be reminded of just how much he was not a man. He only wore the look of a man that should have been dead nearly a century ago. And hence, back to the problem.
What was it that he existed for? What was his reason for not being just a pile of ash somewhere. There had to be a reason that he was still allowed to take fake breaths and to pretend that there was a beating heart in his chest.
Then one thought entered his mind. Buffy. The slayer. Of course. That was the whole reason for his existence. Shortly after he had been turned, his sole reason for living was the fact that he could share that dance with the slayer. One that would cost either him or her their existence.
But now, that dance had changed. They now fought on the same side. They were now supposed to be as one. But that was an impossibility. He knew that she loved him. And that he desperately loved her. And that was all of the good. But could they ever share that dance? The one that meant so much?
Spike sighed as he paced around the crypt. There were more important things to be thinking about. His 'love life' should be the last thing on his mind. After all, Drusilla was out there. And her not making a move for this long was something he had never known. Yet his thoughts could only seem to go to Buffy.
""

It was lunchtime. Xander had worked long and hard at the construction site. It was wonderful to have a job that meant a good income and one that he was very good at. He had even gotten good at fixing up the various messes left by the life of the slayer. It really did come in handy.
Instead of staying on the site or going out to eat like most of the guys, he instead went to The Magic Box to spend a little time with Anya. Even though they were finding lunchtime to be a little busy, he decided that whatever little time they could share would be better then nothing.
This particular noon found The Magic Box relatively empty for once. He could hear the sounds of Buffy working out in the back. Or was it Faith? Or both. Images ran through his mind that Anya would probably slap him for. But he didn't care. He let them flow. So much so that he didn't hear Anya.
"Xander!" Finally her turned to look at her, having a very goofy grin on his face. "I know that look. You are thinking about sex. It better be sex with me or you are in trouble."
Xander straightened up quickly and lost the grin. "I only have eyes for you." He immediately came over and gave her a couple of short kisses. "Who's in the back?" Change of subject and hope that Anya wouldn't notice.
"Oh, two sweaty slayers." There was that look on his face again. "Ha! I knew it! You were thinking of sex. And not with me. You are thinking of Buffy and Faith in various lesbian sex acts."
"What?" Xander shook his head to clear it. "Well, maybe. But you know you are the only one that I want. Always."
"Whatever." Anya quickly went behind the counter and opened up the register to start counting the money. It was the one thing that she could do to get calm again. And this conversation was mildly irritating her.
Xander decided not to push. He hadn't noticed that Willow and Tara were at the big round table, books scattered everywhere. Willow also had her laptop with her. The two were in serious research mode at the moment. Who better to interrupt.
"Hey ladies!" Xander said with a lot of enthusiasm that he really didn't feel at the moment. "So, what's up?"
"Nothing much, as usual." Willow didn't even bother to glance up from the computer screen. "Whatever it is that Drusilla is up to is far beyond me. And we can't find any timed rituals to coincide with what we do know. It's still a buckus."
Xander's eyes caught the computer screen for a moment. "Why are you researching Oxford? You thinking of going to another school there big red?"
Willow looked up quickly at Xander. "No reason. Just happened to come across the site and besides knowing what other opportunities are out there is a good thing and I wouldn't be going anywhere right now not with the big news and..."
"Willow?" Xander sat down next to her. "I know that babble. I know that look. What is it that you aren't telling us? You have so got something hidden."
"What?" Willow looked all fluster. "No, nothing hidden. I have no idea what you are talking about it has nothing to do with me and Tara and the fact that we are expecting..." The redhead smiled sheepishly. "Special ingredients from England."
"And I buy that, not!" Xander stood up and called the entire scooby gang over to the table. Giles had just gotten back, so the entire gang was now there. "These two are hiding something, I just know it."
"Xander, just leave them alone." Buffy sat down, wiping sweat off from her with a towel. "You are just getting paranoid since nothing has happened over the past few weeks. Just relax."
Giles eyed the two witches. He could tell instantly that there was something that they were not sharing. "If this is something to do with the most recent events, I would rather that you didn't hold back."
Willow and Tara locked eyes for a moment. They had planned on setting things up with a little party or something. That way there could be a celebration afterwards. But obviously for their friends, it was something that they could not wait to find out. And that was all right with them.
Willow took Tara's hand in her own. "All right. There is something that we've known for about two weeks and haven't shared with you. And I'll warn you, it's of the biggest. The big, bigger then big, biggity big big big."
Buffy smiled. She knew that Willow was enjoying this and it was something of the good for once. "All right. When you get like this I know it's something good. Just spill already. Please."
The redhead nodded. "You see, Tara and I are going to have a child." There was just stunned silence for a moment. "I'm pregnant. With Tara's child."
"Oh wow!" Xander quickly sat down. "No offense, but that was the last thing in the world I would ever expect. I mean, me or Buffy having a child. Evan.." He shuddered at the thought. "G-man having a child. But you two?"
"Yo!" Every one turned towards Faith. "I think it's like some majorly great news. Think about it, a miracle. Kinda like me not trying to kill you all."
That brought a little chuckle out of the gang. Giles came and put one hand on their backs. "So, I do believe that this is cause for celebration. Something of a rarity for us. Any suggestions?"
"Party!" Xander got up and started dancing. "We's gonna have an awesome time. Party the night away." He looked at his watch. "Damn. For now I have to go to work. But we can all meet here later to have the festivities."
"All right. Let's just plan on here after nine, shall we?" Giles looked at the group. "And even though it has been slow, please all of you do be careful.""""
""""
Drusilla watched. She did not like this. This sitting around and doing nothing. And her vampire and demon lackeys were getting impatient as well. But they were not what concerned her.
What concerned her was the human that she was allowing herself to be aligned with. Which was a very first for her. She had used them as lackeys before, but never had counted on them for as much as she was Ethan.
Ethan seemed oblivious to her stares. There was something that seemed off about him. Something that he was not sharing with her. And that would lead to surprises. And surprises could lead to not good things.
The insane vampire decided that he needed to be checked up upon. And that was not as easy said as done. It would take a special person to see what her supposed partner was up to. And she knew the man would deal with her.
So, she snuck out into the sewers. She did not tell anyone what she was up to. After all, she was the one that was in charge. It was none of their business what she was up to. And that was finding out what she needed to know.
It took only a short time for her to find the place that was well hidden. She entered through the sewer entrance for there were still those dangerous rays of the sunlight pouring down. And she would rather not get a tan.
The place was filthy. It was truly disgusting, even for those that were used to living in sewers or making do with what they had. Of course, she had never gotten used to that. And this place made the sewers look inviting.
There were protests as she made her way to the door. One little glare and all those fools were soon silent. It was not a good idea to mess with this vampire. Not when she had her own little mission.
The man stood there, no surprise on his face. A scar on his face and his eye that could barely see. But a grin quickly grew. "I know why you are here, vampire. I have the information that you seek. But it'll cost you. It always does."
Drusilla stepped closer to the man. "Rack, darling. You know that I could easily do things to you. Even with all the magicks at your disposal. Do you think it is really wise that you be saying that it is going to cost me?"
Rack only laughed. "I've missed you. It's hard to find people that are both insane and so lucid. It's a nice change from all those pretending to be sane." He shrugged. "Anyways, I know. But I could be of help. When the little girl is born, she will indeed hold power. And I'd like my own turn at taking some. That's all that I ask."
Drusilla shrugged. "I'm sure there is enough power to go around. But that's not the reason I'm here. You know that I knew about the child. What I want to know is about my human playmate."
"Ah." Rack nodded. "I should have guessed. I've had dealings with Ethan as well. You are wondering if you can trust him. Don't even think you can for a second."
The vampire's eyes lit up. "The reason, if you please."
Rack shrugged. "It's quite simple really. He found out something that the witch, the redhead wants to know. That the child that will bring such power to the world, it's Ethan's grandchild."
Sign up to rate and review this story