Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

62

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2133 words

0Unrated
Faith still wasn't used to patrolling with anyone. It had always been just her before she had come to Sunnydale. Not even her watcher had come along too many times. That had always been something that she had wondered about, especially after seeing how Giles and Buffy were together.
So tonight, she was out on her own. She had told Buffy that she would not be patrolling. But there was not much that would stop her from doing that task ever again. She still had too many sins to make up for.
The raven haired slayer remembered her comment from just a few days ago. It was just after she had heard one of the best things she had heard. That the two witches had shown their great love for one another and had produced another little witch.
Miracle. It was the best way to put it. For even in lives that had magick and demons and all those fairy tale things, two people finding their way to one another and then being able to show that love was plain and simply a miracle.
It seemed that too many things could and would seem to get in the way. With the way that people grow up these days, the past is sometimes nearly impossible to get over. And especially when their pasts were as colorful as her own.
That was the one thing that seemed to be getting to the formerly rogue slayer. The fact that all the scoobies, except for Giles, had a honey. Even Buffy and Spike were making these googily eyes at one another all the time.
But not her. She was still alone. And it was probably best that she end up alone. For who would be able to handle all of her? There was the slaying thing for starters. And then, she knew she wasn't the easiest person to always get along with. And the most important thing would have to be the fact that she was a murderer. That she had taken human lives.
She shuddered as she walked past a headstone. One that made her flash back to two years ago. It was Principal Snyder's empty grave that she had just walked past. It was empty because the man that she had thought of as her father and had trusted more then anyone had eaten him that day so long ago while she sat in a coma. At least, that's what the gang had informed her.
Her pace quickened as she thought about Mayor Wilkens. The one person that she had thought truly believed in her. But why? Just because he had shown her a little affection. Or was it because following the path of evil was indeed easier then the struggle with the path of good.
All these thoughts were beginning to make her head hurt. Why did she still have to focus on the past. There really was no need for that. She now had some good in her life. She had Buffy and the entire gang watching out for her. Supporting her like no one had ever before in her life.
Then why was she going back to the past? Why could she just not let it go? Would there ever be a day when she could ever release all of that pain and anger and be a whole person again? To believe in herself?
Her mind was so full that she didn't see or hear them coming. Twenty vampires tackled her to the ground and stunned her with an electric prod. As she lay there half dazed on the ground, she could see a familiar shadow. One that she had just recently screwed over big time.
"Little slayer." Drusilla's smile was that of an insane person. "You was a naughty girl, trying to play me for a fool and all. I think it was time that you was punished."
Faith tried to move, but that had been one hell of a jolt she had received. Her eyelids grew heavy as she felt herself being picked up. There were no more words spoken. So, she did the one thing she could think of. 'Red!' Her thoughts tried to get to Willow so desperately. 'I'm in serious trouble girl. That insane vamp has got me. Don't know where she's taking me. I can't stay awake much longer. Please, get the gang. I need...'
"

Spike sat on a headstone watching. He was always impressed with the way that Buffy fought. Tonight was not an exception. It was the rule. She was both powerful and graceful at the same time. She had more style then any slayer he had ever come across.
The blond slayer was busy fighting two vampires. It was the first demony activity they had come across in the two and a half weeks since Drusilla had shown up. Either she was really up to something or she had the locals well under her control. Spike knew the answer to that one without even thinking about it.
Buffy stumbled a little and the good vampire instantly jumped to his feet, ready to enter the fray. He need not have worried. The slayer quickly recovered and made quick work of both vampires. She leaned on her knees and tried to catch her breath.
"You could have helped, you know." She smiled big. She really didn't care if he had or not. What she cared about was that he was with her. That was what she wanted more then anything in the world at the moment.
"I knew you had things under control." Spike took a couple of steps closer. "I'll always have your back, you know that. Well, as long as I got this here soul back I will."
"Good." Buffy walked closer to him as well. "That's just the way that I want it." Their eyes met for only a moment before it happened. The one thing that the slayer nor the vampire ever thought would happen.
Their lips met in one passionate kiss. Both pulled back abruptly. They stared at each other for a moment before they leaned in for yet another kiss. This one lasted even longer and was even more passionate.
They broke a part when they heard a familiar deep voice. "I guess you aren't still pining away for me." Both turned to see the original ensouled vampire standing there with a look of hatred in his eyes. "But that's not important. What is important is if we let things happen. The path that things are taking."
Buffy stood quickly away from Spike and slowly made her way towards Angel. "What are you talking about?"
"I have it on good..." He hesitated for a moment. Those choice of words not really right. "I've been told that there is something coming to pass here in Sunnydale. And it involves my ex and it involves the two witches."
"Willow? Tara?" Buffy's voice was now full of concern. "Angel, you better tell me everything that you know. We have to warn them if they are in danger."
"They already are." Angel slowly walked into the night. It took a stunned slayer and a surprised vampire a few minutes before they quickly followed his lead."""
"""
Tara was in the kitchen making tea for Willow and herself. It seemed that her everything was finally able to calm her stomach, but tea still seemed to help a great deal. So, she was brewing up another pot for the two of them.
She had just poured them both a cup when there was an explosion from the living room. Forgetting everything else, the blond witch took off and was there in an instant. What she found was something that could almost be amusing if it weren't for the fact that involved her pregnant everything.
"Damn it!" Willow muttered to herself. "A simple little locator spell and I nearly blow up everyone and everything in these apartments." The redhead was on her feet in an instant, cleaning a little of the debris up. "This has been happening ever since I found out that I was pregnant." The redhead was muttering to herself, still unaware of Tara's presence.
The blond slowly entered the room and snuck up on the redhead. Willow jumped a little as Tara wrapped her arms around her from the back. "You shouldn't have been trying any spells anyways." There was the pout that Tara knew would follow. "Only because it's so late. We really should just be getting ready for bed and not even bothering with the tea."
Willow turned herself around in her lover's arms. "You just want me in bed with you, that's all." She raised an eyebrow. "It has been a while you know."
Tara leaned in and kissed her gently. "You know that I'll always want you. But right now, I think we both need our rest. You've been putting in so much time with the research between finding out what Drusilla is up to and of course trying to find out who your real parents are. You have a reason to take better care of yourself. Our little reason."
That made Willow smile instantly. She knew that Tara was right. That she really truly ought to be taking better care of herself physically and emotionally. But it was just so hard to let go of wanting to know who her parents were. Wouldn't it be funny if it turned out to be someone that she already knew?
"I know you're right." The redhead engulfed the blond in a hug. "There is always so much going on. But now, it's almost like there is nothing going on. Well, the big badness of Drusilla. But other then that all is quiet. I think I'm even more stressed over that fact."
"Quiet can be unnerving." Tara held her even tighter. "But for tonight, let's just forget about everything. Let's just concentrate on the two of us, or, should I say the three of us."
Willow pulled back and smiled. "All right. I'll finish cleaning up in here. You finish getting the tea. We'll snuggle on the bed for a bit. And just talk and relax. Sound like a plan?"
"A very good one." Tara kissed her gently one more time before she made her way back to the kitchen.
Willow looked around. The mess really wasn't all that bad. A little magick and it would be as good as new. But she remembered what had happened just a few short minutes before. She had been trying not to locate Drusilla like Tara had thought, but her father. It had hovered right over a location not far from The Magic Box before it went all kerplewy.
But that was just the spell going totally wrong. It had to be. How could her father be in Sunnydale? And if he was near The Magic Box, it could mean that Giles was...
No, that was just a pipe dream. Giles was a great man that she admired in so many ways. And she already thought of him as a father figure. So this him possibly being her real father was just a fantasy that she clung to, right?
She shook her head to clear it and finished with the little hurricane that she had inadvertently created. Her tummy started to grumble a little and she realized that she hadn't really eaten anything all day long. That had to stop. She had to take care of the little one growing inside of her. It was too important and it was a part of Tara.
Stretching, the redhead made her way to the bedroom. She had thought about going to the kitchen to make herself a sandwich but as she soon saw, she knew she didn't have to bother. There were all sorts of goodies on a tray along with the tea. Her everything spoiled her every time.
"Knew I was hungry." Willow pulled back the blankets and snuggled in close to Tara.
"I figured you wouldn't have taken the time to eat." Tara picked up one of the many sandwiches. "Now you best be taking care of yourself. I want you healthy. I want you around for a very long time, missy."
"Yes ma'am." Willow chuckled softly. She took the sandwich from her partner and started to nibble away. It felt all good at the moment. It felt all peaceful. She took a sip of her tea when something scared the hell out of her.
"What's wrong?" Tara noticed the sudden change in mood. "Is something happening?"
Willow listened to the voice in her head. Faith was in trouble. But what kind of trouble and where was she. It was bad though. For Drusilla had her. "We've got to get the gang together. Drusilla's got Faith."
Sign up to rate and review this story