Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

63

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2129 words

0Unrated
Faith's eyes slowly fluttered open. She couldn't help but wonder how long she had been out of it. It seemed like forever. But she wasn't sure. Nothing was she sure of these days. Except that she had to make up for her colorful past.
The coldness of the chains made her realize that she was chained to a wall. Or more accurately, a cave wall. She had to wonder if they were in the same place that they were when she had played little hero and nearly gotten herself, Buffy, and that good vampire killed.
Whatever they had done to her, it was making it hard for her to focus on anything at the moment. So things were not crystal clear. There were sounds. Familiar sounds. But nothing that she could pinpoint what exactly they were.
The slayer closed her eyes and thought back. She had been a good child, or so she had always thought. Even her drunk mother had told her that every once in a great while, when she was sober enough to form actual sentences.
She had been a wild child in the sense that she would always be the one to take chances and always be the one to try things first. And it had gotten her into trouble more then one time. But that was just the price of being brave.
Now that she thought about it, perhaps it wasn't exactly bravery that was what had motivated her. Perhaps it was her need for attention. She always seemed to need to be the center of attention, ever since her father had left she and her mother all alone. Could that be it?
Her head was starting to hurt again with all these serious thoughts. And of course from whatever thing it was that Drusilla's lackey had used on her. But it was the serious thoughts that were getting to her. The ones that she never allowed herself to have before.
Faith opened her eyes again. Her sight was still rather blurry but it was a little clearer at the moment. It was clear enough to see that Drusilla was only a few feet away. And some guy, that Ethan if she remembered correctly, was sitting at a table going over some books or what not. If the rogue slayer knew her people, she could tell that the vampire was watching him like a hawk. No trust there, that was for sure.
She flashed to a thought. She remembered just before everything went black that she had tried to contact Willow. Her thoughts went back to the witch, trying to figure out if her message had somehow gotten through or not. Because the size of the party that was going on made it crystal clear that she had no chance in hell of surviving.
The rogue slayer sighed heavily. She didn't even care so much now as she had just before the vampire had put that whammy on her about having a honey. No, there were more important things in life. Like being able to forgive yourself for your past sins.
She knew that she would never forget the harm that she had caused. Or the harm that others had caused her. But she had to learn to forgive those that inflicted the pain and also herself for being so stupid and causing pain.
But that was easier said then done. Especially with what she had done. You can't very easily make up for taking a man's life. Even if it was only on accident. How in the world could you forgive yourself for something like that?
There was nothing in the world, short of a miracle, that could get her to forgive herself of that one. And while it still lingered, she knew that she would never be able to fully believe or trust in herself again. Even when others did.
Drusilla suddenly turned herself towards the slayer. An evil insane smile crept across her face. "My dolly's awake. I'm so happy I get to play now." She clapped her hands together and slowly made her way over to where the slayer was chained.
"Hey, insane vampire." Faith held her head high. She might not live that long, but she was gonna go out in her style, with a bang. "So, how insane have you been lately? Or is this as good as it gets?"
The vampire shook her head. "I don't like it when one of my dollies talks back. I get so upset." She pulled a doll from behind her back. "Miss Iris was a naughty little dolly. And look what happened to her."
Faith tried not to let her eyes widen. The dolls porcelain eyes had been gouged out. The ears appeared to have been filed off. And the pretty white paint was definitely no more. It was not a pleasant sight at all.
"I do so love punishing naughty girls." The evil smile on the vampire's face grew larger. "And you were very naughty, slayer. You did not keep your promise. You helped those goody two shoes. And now, it's time that you pay."
"I wouldn't be so quick about that." The male voice startled both the vampire and the slayer. "Drusilla, my fine vampire, we will need a slayer's blood, both mothers' blood, and the babies' blood. If you are to gain the power that you want my dear."
Drusilla morphed into vampire mode. Faith was surprised. She thought that the vampire would not do that unless upset or the feed was upon her. The facial features of the vampire quickly changed back to humanlike before she turned towards Ethan.
"Thank you for the reminder." The vampire strode away from the slayer like she was nothing, just something that was getting in her way. "Do we really have to wait til the baby is born? I do so hate waiting."
Ethan looked her directly in the eyes. "It is the only way, I'm afraid. So, we have serval months to play babysitter to the slayer and to keep her friends from coming and getting her."
Faith shook her head. What was going on? She could tell that Drusilla did not trust Ethan. And a vibe was telling her that Ethan had his own agenda in all of this. And now she knew for sure. Willow, Tara, and their unborn child were in grave danger. This was beginning to suck big time.
""""""
It was a larger then usual gathering at The Magic Box. And it was an unusual mixture as well. The regular scoobies was one thing. But to have two ensouled vampires was quite another thing. Both that still had feelings for a certain blond slayer.
Giles stood at the table while the gang sat around the table. They were waiting for him to give them direction. But he was uncertain of how to proceed. In the background, both vampires paced and would not be stilled.
The silence was broken by Giles. "You are certain that Faith said nothing about where she might be taken." Willow nodded. "And you have tried a standard location spell?"
"We both have." Willow slumped a little in her chair. "I think that there is something powerful blocking our attempts to find Faith. And I'm thinking that we really don't have time for all of this." Her eyes wandered to Angel. And at that moment, the vampire was glaring at his counterpart. Spike just smiled bigger at him.
"We have to figure something out." Buffy suddenly got up and began pacing back and forth. "Faith is finally trying to make up for her past. She's been doing nothing but good. We really need to save her."
"I second that." Xander shrugged at the looks. "She came through for us. We need to come through for her. That's all I'm saying." But there seemed to be more meaning behind that statement. At least to Anya there was.
"I don't think that Tara and I can really come up with anything." Willow sighed. "I mean, two very powerful wiccans here and we can't even get a locator spell to work. How much does that suck?" Absently, her mind went to her stomach. Her fears were also for her child. She had to wonder what effect that all the magicks she had inside her was having on the little one.
"There is one spell that I might know." Tara's voice went back to the shy, nearly stuttering girl that Willow had met so long ago. It made Willow's heart melt all over again.
"Is this a dangerous spell?" Giles looked up from the text he had been reading. Not that there was going to be much information in his texts. But he had to try.
"I-I'm afraid it can be." Tara sighed. "Especially with Willow kinda being not in control."
Willow's heart fluttered at the sound of the stutter. It had been so long since her girl had used it. And she cringed at the darn lack of control thing, even though it was true. "I tried a simple locator spell earlier. And it went majorly kerplewy on me. It was not of the good."
Tara took the redhead's hand in her own. "I have a theory on that one." All eyes were now on Tara. "I think that our little one already has some magick abilities. It's added to Willow's already great source. That's why it went all kerplewy."
Willow could not help but smile at her everything's use of the word kerplewy. "That would explain it. Because I've been oh so careful knowing that thingy is still out there that could mean that I could destroy the world if I don't use control and if I should not keep that control and with all my good friends and especially my two special ones in my life that's the last thing that I would want to do."
"Indeed." Giles smiled. "Well, do you think you'll be able to compensate for this added power with which you seem to have access to?"
The redhead looked at Tara. Her girl was the one that would know better. Tara always seemed to know better, especially when it came to the magicks. She trusted her completely. She trusted her with her life.
"I can help her compensate." Tara blushed a little. "It's a spell that takes the two of us anyways. I'd have be her anchor. Keep her here."
"If that's the case, I think now is as good as any a time." Giles stood up. "Will you be needing any ingredients?"
"Some." Tara sighed. "But it's mostly about the words and the power that the two of us can generate. That's the key to this particular spell."
"Very well." Giles turned to see that Buffy had stopped pacing. She now stood between Angel and Spike. It seemed that she was caught between her past and her present. "Buffy, I think that you and Angel and Spike should maybe hit Willy's place. And any of the other places you've gained contacts over the years." Giles turned to Angel. "You do have your cell phone still." The vampire simply nodded in response. "Very well. The rest of us will help Willow and Tara with the spell. And we will keep them safe. We need to find Faith and fast."
"All right Giles." There was almost a gratefulness in Buffy's voice. Not that she really wanted to be alone with Angel and Spike, but at least it was giving her something physical to do. Buffy was and always would be action girl. "Hopefully these two can behave themselves."
Spike rolled his eyes. "Like I have anything against the original poof there. We used to work well together when we were all evil. I think we can do it now that we're all on the side of good and all."
Angel shook his head. "We never worked well together, Spike. But for good, you know I will. And Giles, we might want to hurry." At that moment, he realized that he had forgotten to tell everyone about the information he had received. Well, for now it was no biggie. But soon it could be.
Willow watched as the two vampires followed Buffy out the door. A sudden vibe hit her. "Giles, I'm not so sure that those two alone with Buffy is such a good thing. I think that something is going to happen."
Giles nodded. "Precisely. That's why I sent them out."
The redheaded witch stared at Giles for a moment. It took her a bit to realize that he had just admitted to intentionally sending one of the two vampire, if not Buffy, to their doom. This was a side she hadn't seen of Giles. And it made her shiver.
Sign up to rate and review this story