Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Divide and Conquer

Drifting Apart

by story_master 4 reviews

Ice is back with a vengeance and an evil plan that is sure to take down Delilah and Julius. She wants revenge for all the times that those two have taken her down, and this time she knows exactly h...

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-12-28 - Updated: 2006-12-29 - 2122 words

2Exciting
Tory: Hey there! Well not much to say here. Hope that everyone is enjoying their holidays! And I know that you're probably all wondering 'What's up with Delilah?'. But be patient and all will be revealed. If you've read some of my other stories then you know that I just love twists, turns, and all that good stuff. Well I'll shut up now and let you get on with the chapter. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own Delilah and Julius, probably never will. I just own my stories.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Delilah had stormed around the corner and leaned against the wall, tears threatening to spill down her cheeks. 'I wish I could tell you Julius. I really wish I could.' she thought. Then she heard footsteps and quickly wiped away her tears and headed down the hall.

She decided to go for a swim in one of the indoor pools. It was still early so there weren't too many people there. Actually, there was no one there but her. Not that she minded, she didn't really feel like being around anyone right now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Julius had finally come out of his room after relentlessly pacing and questioning himself. He decided that he needed to talk to Delilah. He needed to know what was going on. He started to look for her around the hotel. It was an hour later that he found her sitting by the pool's edge. She had her legs draped over the side into the water and she seemed to be humming to herself.

" De?" Julius asked quietly, not wanting to make her mad again.

" Hmmm? Oh Julius. Hi. Listen sorry about before. It's just..... I guess I needed this vacation more than I thought." she replied and then patted the ground beside her, motioning for Julius to sit there.

" Is everything okay De?" he asked, not wanting to be left in the dark anymore.

" Julius I..." but she trailed off.

Julius gave her a strange look before following her gaze.

" Delilah?" he asked, waving a hand in front of her eyes.

With out a word Delilah got up and raced out the door. Julius had seen the look in her eyes. It was a look that he had never seen before. Julius was snapped back to reality when he heard a scream.

" Delilah!" he said before racing out the door after her.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

THE DAY DELILAH AND JULIUS LEFT...

Ursula had gotten up before Delilah and Julius, which was unusual. Normally she was the last one up. But today was different. The night before she had received a phone call from the prison where Ice was locked up in.

Ice had given Ursula an offer that she couldn't refuse. And she had to be ready to put Ice's plan into action. First she had to convince Emmett to help her. But that didn't take to long. She just pulled the innocent little girl act and Emmett agreed. Next they had to break Ice out of jail.

That was east too. It just took the prison blueprints and some rope. Then came the most important part. The part that they had to do today. They had to follow Delilah and Julius. That's where the fun would start. Emmett had gotten a helicopter ready so that Ice, Ursula and himself could follow them.

The very first and most credential part of Ice's plan was already done. She had made sure that that was done before Delilah and Julius had caught her. When Delilah had gone after her into the ice maze, she had made sure that Delilah would fall into her trap. When Delilah had fallen off the top of the hedge she didn't seem to realize that she had landed on the nest of a very poisonous, very rare, and very territorial snake. Delilah also didn't realize that she had been bitten by it.

Now that she was poisoned the rest of the plan would go off with out a hitch.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BACK TO THE PRESENT...

Julius had raced outside, and ran to where Delilah was to see that she was perfectly fine. But he knew that she wasn't fine. He knew that something was wrong. Something had made her scream like that. He was sure it was her scream, he'd recognize it anywhere.

" Delilah?" Julius asked.

" I saw her." Delilah said.

" Saw who?" Julius asked.

" My mother Julius. She's alive!" Delilah said.

" What?" he didn't think that he had heard right.

" I thought I saw her yesturday but I wasn't sure. Now I am. She's alive and she's here somewhere. I know it!" Delilah's voice was full of hope.

Julius placed his hand on her forehead.

" Are you feeling okay?" he asked.

But just as soon as he had placed his hand there she had pulled away. Julius was glad though. Her forehead was burning up.

" Delilah we have to get you to a hospital." he said as he grabbed her arm and started to walk. But she just pulled away again.

" What? No. I have to find her." Delilah said.

" Delilah you have a fever. You're burning up. We've got to get you to a hospital... now" Julius insisted.

" No. I've been searching for my mother since the day she disappeared. I'm not going to lose her again. You don't understand! I can't lose her!" Delilah yelled before she took off again.

Julius was left, yet again, alone and dumbfounded. But he wasn't left that way for too long. Another scream snapped him back to reality. He ran around the corner that Delilah had gone around but had to come to a sudden stop. There just around the corner was Delilah's unconscious body.

Julius dropped to the ground beside her and picked her up. He ran to the car that they had rented and drove full speed to the hospital.

But as they pulled to a red light Delilah's eyes flickered open and she was suddenly wide awake.

" Delilah! You're okay!" Julius exclaimed.

" Julius she's here." Delilah her voice was heavy with sleep as she seemed to be drifting back into unconsciousness.

" Delilah we have to get you to a hospital." Julius said, hoping that she wouldn't run off again.

" No, she's here. We've got to catch her again. We've got to catch..." but she didn't have enough time to finish her sentence before she slipped back into her unconscious state.

Julius decided to run the red light because it was taking forever and he needed to get Delilah to a hospital now. Luckily there were no cops around so he didn't get a ticket. But that was the least of his worries.

They arrived at the hospital minutes later and Julius raced inside to the front desk. Luckily there was no line up so a doctor was able to see them right away.

They did a bunch of tests on Delilah and Julius was asked to wait in the front waiting room. With everything that was going on with Delilah he had forgotten how nervous hospitals made him.

It was hours before the doctors would let Julius see Delilah. It was around 7:00 that they came out and told him that she was asleep but he could go see her.

Julius stepped into her hospital room and took seat next to her bed. She looked so sad and pale laying there. He placed his hand gently on top of hers and sighed. Somehow he felt responsible.

" De, I really wish I knew what was going on with you." he said in a whisper.

" Ice." Delilah mumbled. It was barely audible but Julius heard it.

" Delilah?"

" I'm sorry young man but visiting hours are now over. You'll have to come back and see your friend tomorrow." a nurse said as she ushered him out of Delilah's room.

Julius knew that he had no choice but to leave. So he went back to the hotel, went to his room and fell back onto his bed. An eerie silence seemed to cover the entire town. But it was abruptly broken by the oh-so-familiar arguing of Ursula and Emmett. Wait! Ursula and Emmett?!

Julius got up and went over to his door. He opened it and looked down the hallway. No one was there. He closed the door and went over to his balcony. Again no one was there. Suddenly he realized that he was tired. Though he hadn't done much that day, he was exhausted. Worrying for someone's life can wear you out. He sat down on his bed and before he knew it he was out like a light.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

He wasn't sure what time it was exactly but it was late. He had a bad feeling in his gut like something was wrong. He sat up, fully awake, and remembered that Delilah was at the hospital. He couldn't take it not knowing if she was okay or what she said. But he was going to find out.

He pulled on his spy clothes, which consisted of black pants, a black shirt and a black hat, and then he snuck out the balcony window. He wasn't sure why he was sneaking out of the hotel but he did it anyways.

He drove to the hospital and park in the shadows. Then he snuck to the hospital wind where Delilah's room was. He began to scale the wall, man was he glad that Delilah's room was only on the second floor. He came to her window and opened. It was dark inside so no one would see him.

He quietly closed the window and turned to the bed. His mouth dropped open. The room was empty. But how? Why? He was sure that this was her room. Then he saw a piece of ripped fabric by the window. Delilah had run away from the hospital. Julius snuck back out the window and went back to his car.

He was going to search the entire town. He wasn't going to rest until he knew that she was safe.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just as he had promised himself, Julius had spent all night searching for her. When he found absolutely nothing he decided to head back to the hotel. It was just past dawn so he decided to go in the way he left, through the window. He had just collapsed onto his bed when a knock echoed through his door.

" Julius? You awake?" Delilah's voice sounded normal.

Julius jumped up and raced to the door. He opened it, pulled Delilah inside, closed the door and turned back to her.

" What happened to you?!" Julius demanded, his voice was heavy with worry and anger.

" What do you mean? What happened to you? You look like you've been up all night." Delilah replied.

" I have been up all night! I was looking for you!" Julius replied, his anger overpowering his worry.

" What?" Delilah said.

" You left the hospital! What were you thinking? You were burning up! What if something had happened to you?" Julius said, his voice was a little calmer.

Delilah didn't answer. She really didn't know what to say. Julius sighed heavily and then looked at her.

" Delil- De, what's going on with you? Ever since you heard that we were going on vacation you've been acting so... well you just haven't been... you." Julius said, his voice was soft and sincere.

" Julius it's hard to explain. I wish that I could tell you but... I just can't." Delilah said.

" De, I'm your partner. We've never had secrets. What's going on? The other night you disappeared and came back at two in the morning. Then you started to act really weird. Then you passed out and ran away from the hospital. I thought you trusted me?" he said.

" Julius.... you just wouldn't understand. I can trust you, but..." she trailed off. She wasn't exactly sure how to explain it.

It was silent for a moment while the two of them dwelled over their thoughts. Then Delilah said something that crushed the both of them.

" I guess that we... we're drifting apart. It happens to everyone. Julius.... this could be it." Delilah said.

And with those words she walked past Julius and left him alone. More alone then he had ever felt.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A/N: Well there you have it! I hope you liked it! Oooo so more is revealed about Ice's plan. And No! This can't be the end of Delilah and Julius! But it's not so don't worry. And I know, I know, you're probably still thinking 'What's up with Delilah?!' But like I said before all will be revealed in good time. So send a review my way and let me know what you think. I'll try to update soon. Until then, Cheers! ;)
Sign up to rate and review this story