Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Don't Know How You Do It

The Girl With The Thorn In Her SIde

by -LoVe-CaNt-SaVe-YoU- 5 reviews

I UPDATED! *dances*

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-12-31 - Updated: 2006-12-31 - 1215 words

1Moving
She got into the car and Patrick drove her home. He parked outside her house and waited for her to say something.

"Thanks so much" she said looking up from her lap.

"It was no problem. Do you still feel up to performing at XO tomorrow ?" he asked concerned.

"Yeah , I cant let this keep me down forever right? I have to try to get on with my life" she answered strongly.

"Yeah but I'll still be here when you need me" Patrick added taking her hand.

"Yeah I know" kissing him on the cheek and getting out of the car.



Walking into the house Bree heard her dad and melody talking in low voices in the kitchen but didn't care enough to ease drop. She was exhausted both physically and emotionally. Climbing up the stairs she heard Patrick's words ring in her head:

Yeah but I'll still be here when you need me

Until one of us has to move to LA she thought. That being her last thought that night before she fell asleep.



She woke up the next day and it was already one pm. Today was Friday which meant she would be performing in XO. Her spot was at eight but she would probably need to be there by seven thirty to set up and sound check. Her phone beeped at her from across the room forcing her to throw off her warm comforter and go get it. Stupid phone always goes off whenever I'm comfortable she thought bitterly flipping the phone open to see a message from Patrick:

Pick u up at 7.15 2nite 4 XO... wonderin if u had nethin goin on nxt Friday??

Next Friday is my birthday but he doesn't know that does he she thought replying:
Nothing why?

Two minutes later she got back:
Just wanted 2 kno if u wnted 2 hang out.. c ya l8r

Not thinking any more of it she walked over to her closet and started to attempt to pull an outfit together. She settled on faded ripped blue jeans a white belt with black skulls on it a black tee with a white anarchy sign on it and a black tie with white polka dots... she hadn't noticed but she had begun black a lot more recently she had always worn whatever Jenna had approved of which usually included skirts and lots of pink which left her uncomfortable but now she had found friends who didn't care what she dressed like who accepted her the way she is something she's always wanted and now that could all be taken away. She walked downstairs to the kitchen passing her moms room she heard her dad snoring and she assumed Melody was in there with him.. Talk about respect.

She noticed her dad went shopping and got a load of food with names she had never heard of so she settled on toast with peanut butter. All the necessary food groups. She left it half eaten it had finally sunk in that she was going to be performing a personal song that night and she was having second thoughts. Maybe I could just write something new she thought staring down at her plate having a debate inside her head. But after a while she thought / Is this how its going to be every time I write something that tells people how I feel? /. She told herself no point in trying to write something new now she wouldn't be ready by tonight.

The time flew by as she watched re runs on tv. Her dad and Melody went out somewhere for the day giving no explanation as to where they were going just saying they'd be back again not giving the details as to when they'd be back.



Patrick ran up to her door. Fuck its cold he thought pulling his jacket tighter around himself. Bree answered quickly guitar case in hand and they walked back to Patrick's car. The car ride was less awkward then the day before and they had started getting back to normal. Bree commenting on his inability to leave the house without a hat and Patrick launching off into a speech saying something about a fashion statement which halfway through it Bree was laughing so hard he had to stop.


They got to XO and saw Pete and Andy sitting at their table they waved motioning for them to come over. Patrick offered to get something for her having learned from his past experiences when buying giant cookies but she shook her head being to nervous to eat. XO was full and she had to sing in front of all these people. As soon as Patrick was out of earshot Pete turned to Bree and said:

"Patrick's planning a surprise birthday party for you next Friday"

"Surprise!" Andy added with less enthusiasm then expected

"And your telling me this because.." she said puzzled as to how Patrick knew it was her birthday and why they were telling her about her own surprise party.

"Because I don't like secrets" Pete stated in a child like manner.

"I told Patrick not to tell him..." Andy said through clenched teeth staring at Pete.

"Ok.." she started but was cut off by Andy:

"Sssshhhh he's coming!"

Patrick noticed Pete had a strange look on his face and looked extremely uncomfortable.

"What's up with you Pete?" he asked his mouth full with the chocolate chip cookie he had finally gotten all to himself.

"Nothing cough nothing.." Pete said sounding alarmed, he really was a bad liar.

Patrick looked from Andy to Pete to Bree and guessed.

"Pete, you told didn't you?" he said punching Pete in the arm.

"Ouch! Yeah I did sorry..you know how I hate secrets!" Pete retaliated.

"Dude, the one thing I -" Patrick was cut off by the manager of XO:

"And now we have Miss Bree Waren singing a local artist singing one of her own original songs. Give it up for Bree!"

Oh, shit here we go she thought to herself. She walked up to the temporary stage and picked up her guitar as she took her seat at the centre stage.





Take a needle push it in starting with the eye.
For ever time they wandered and every time they lied.
Take a needle push it stick it through the hands,
For every time the smoothered me for failing your demands.

That Voodoo you do, comes back threefold on you
That voodoo you do, my paper-made man. (my paper made man)

Take a needle push it in press through his tongue,
For ever time he told me that he loved me and whispered me i'm done.

That Voodoo you do, comes back threefold on you
That Voodoo you do, oh no oh no oh no (comes back threefold on you)
That Voodoo you do, comes back threefold on you
That voodoo you do, my paper-made man. (my paper made man)

Take a need it push it in press it through his heart,

That Voodoo you do, comes back threefold on you
That Voodoo you do, oh no
That Voodoo you do, comes back threefold on you
That voodoo you do, my paper-made man.


The room erupted in applause and she knew she made the right decision singing that song.
Sign up to rate and review this story