Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender > I'll give you the world

Hot Water

by shasta 0 reviews

Katara realizes Zuko was right!

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Katara, Zuko - Published: 2006-12-31 - Updated: 2006-12-31 - 582 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3
Hot Water

It was the next morning, Katara didn't sleep at all, and she just felt so conflicted in her thoughts. 'Was Zuko right about Sokka and Aang did they really not care, and if he was right...what will happen next?' Katara started to cry as these thoughts and others buzzed and stung her conscious like wasps.

After about two minutes of thinking and conflicting with her thoughts Katara made her way to the front deck, where she found Zuko training with five guards attacking him while Iroh watched him attentively.

Katara walked over and sat next to Iroh. "I trust you slept well?" Iroh asked her with a smile.

"No actually...our talk last night left me a little...shook up." Katara replied hesitantly.

"Hmmm, Zuko has always has been very abrasive when it comes to these things." Iroh replied with a sigh.

Zuko then noticed that Katara had come out of hiding and nodded to the guards and his uncle to leave them unaccompanied. All then left abruptly leaving Zuko to sit where his uncle had beside Katara.

"I wanted to apologize for my behavior last night, so I decided to give you something." Zuko said handing her a medium sized wooden box with a gold fire nation symbol in the middle. Katara hesitated for a moment, and then slowly removed the lid. Revealing a folded bunch of red and orange cloth.

Katara then stood up and took the cloth in her hands, which as it unfolded from the box turned out to be a royal fire nation robe. It was sewed together
at the seams of four overlapping layers of red, orange, brown, and red again with gold thread embroidered at the edges of each of these layers.

"Whoa...Zuko it's..." Katara began but she was suddenly at a loss for words.

"Beautiful isn't it? The pattern is a type of metallic thread, the robe itself though is pure silk." Zuko said with satisfaction in his voice.
Two minutes later Zuko was outside Katara's room waiting while she changed into her robe.

She then came out in the robe, and it fit her perfectly, almost as if she was born to where it even though it was Azula's old robe. Everything hung on her shoulders perfectly. She had also changed her hair color to black, and it was now completely straight.

"I...I thought about what you said Zuko." Katara began firmly.
Zuko's good eye then went wide with anticipation, waiting for her to continue. Katara then leaned in and kissed him with so much passion that it didn't seem real, like something out of a dream.

Even if it was though, both were fully lost in the moment, each second felt like a lifetime. It was like nothing was wrong and that nothing can ever be wrong ever again as long as the kiss lasted. She then broke off from the kiss with hesitation.

"You were right...about everything...I love you Zuko and will join you at your side when you become Fire Lord, but I want a favor first." Katara said firmly with the utmost confidence in her voice.

Zuko nodded and kneeled down on one knee in respect to her. "I submit to your command...my love." He said in a commanding tone looking at the floor.

"When my brother and Aang come looking for me...please don't hurt them." Katara pleaded with him. Zuko just silently looked up at her and nodded.
Sign up to rate and review this story