Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Against All Odds

We Need to Talk

by Arisa 5 reviews

This is for you Alyssa~!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-04 - Updated: 2007-01-05 - 1803 words

1Original

Ch.4 We Need to Talk
Alyssa, since you were confused, I decided to explain things in this chapter for you. Hope you enjoy~! So, lets get straight to the story. I think I also might start another story...damn the plot bunnies! Sorry this took me soooo long to get up! I'm horrible I know? PLease review anyway? .<

Brendon lifted me up, giving Ryan a helpless look. Ryan shrugged and pulled out his cell phone.
"Hey, Jon. Do me a favor and get Spencer to take the other guys back to their room and keep them there. We need to talk, it's about Katie."

Ryan looked at the phone for a second, waiting for a response. He heard Jon's breath catch before he answered in the affirmative and hung up. Ryan put the phone down and walked over to the door, holding it open for Brendon to take me in through. He walked through the door and into the elevator, Ryan walking in quickly after him. Brendon sighed as the door closed, looking down at me. Ryan now had his hand running threw my hair and down my back in an attempt to calm me down.

"Katie... maybe you should talk to Jon alone first?" Ryan sounded worried, but I knew he was right. Jon knew more than any of the others about this, and I think I needed to talk about what was happening in general. I knew this would be tough, but I nodded despite my doubts. We exited the elevator, and everything seemed to happen too fast. Before I knew it, we were entering the room and Jon had stopped his pacing in front of the couch to look at us. "Katie?!" He seemed worried, but at the same time relieved.

"We'll leave you two alone." Brendon whispered, setting me down on the couch. He and Ryan left, and there was silence for a few seconds as I heard their door close. I felt Jon sit next to me, and put his arms around me. I held onto him for a minute longer before pulling away. "We need to talk." I knew he was right, so I took a breath before finally getting up the courage to talk. "What do you want to know?" I asked, though I already knew.

"You've obviously talked to Patrick, since it was him on the phone. What did he say?" I shook my head. "He didn't really say anything on the phone, but he did talk to me tonight. I met him outside the hotel." "Alone?" Jon sounded angry, but I knew it wasn't at me. I shook my head, "Not really, I made sure it was a public enough area." He nodded a little, still looking slightly upset. "He showed a picture of all of us going to the pool to my boss. He thinks that I was hanging around with a group of guys instead of trying to get back. So, I got fired." Jon's eyes softened and he reached over and gave me a hug. "You can stay with me, I mean, you were traveling a lot anyway, and I'm sure your aunt and uncle wouldn't mind. You said you guys weren't getting along." I sighed. "There's something else I need to talk to you about." I paused as he looked at me, listening silently. " I'm not exactly....living with them. After the incident, when mom and dad died about a year ago, you knew I was going to living with auntie and uncle, but that didn't last." He opened his mouth to say something, but I held up my hand.

"Some of the people I met while modeling helped me to get set up in an apartment, because I refused to marry Connor and left, and auntie told me not to come back. I make enough money modeling that as long as I'm careful, no one suspects anything." He groaned, shaking his head. "Why didn't you tell me! That was right around the time I came on tour, you could have come with us!" I nodded, looking down. "I know, I just... This was your dream, I didn't want to cause a problem. I was planning on telling you, but it was hard." Jon exhaled, but smiled slightly.

"Well, I'm upset that I wasn't told, but, it IS in the past, and you'll stay with me, us, from now on. Before you say anything, explain what's happening with Ryan and Brendon." I blushed and looked down, but Jon didn't seem as uncomfortable. Yet. "I...don't know exactly yet, but I like them. Both of them." I heard Jon sigh. "They are great guys, I know that, but they're together, and your young." I knew he would react like this, so I was already ready to answer. "I know that, they told me, but...they're willing to accept me into their realationship. You said yourself that they're great guys, and wouldn't you rather I be with them and happy than with someone like Patrick?" I saw Jon pause for a second before nodding.

"I'm not comfortable with it, but I can accept it for now. If your sure your ready for this." I paused before answering him, and he looked even more serious than before. "I'm ready but...this could kill their carreers. I mean, your right, I'm young, and they're already together, and I don't want to ruin things for the band." Jon stopped me, and I was glad since I probably would have continued babbling. "If you really think you want to be with them, and they feel the same way, then it shouldn't matter. Besides, we may lose some of the teenie-boppers, but true fans of our music or even just us, shouldn't care. They should be happy if Ryan and Brendon are happy right? Besides, the teenie-boppers would have faded out eventually anyway. We're just a craze to them." I paused, considering what he was saying. "What about everything else, I mean, this is unconventional." Jon chuckled, shaking his head.

"Tell you what, I'll talk to them, explain Patrick, mom and your dad, and all this. Then, see how they really feel before you decide whether or not it's worth it, okay?" I nodded and smiled, tears coming to my eyes again. Despite the fact that Jon didn't fully agree with my realationship, he was willing to accept it and help to make me happy. I was grateful, and nodded before I had really thought about it. Once the door closed and I heard the hum of people talking, I became unsure again. I didn't like telling people about my parents, and I was afraid it would be hard for them to accept. My father was an alcoholic, and was abusing. Not horribly, and he usually didn't hit my face. He wasn't home most of the time, and he was unconcious for half the time he was. It was the once or twice a week that he was home that he was abusive.

I came home one night to find my parents arguing. My father had a knife, and had my mother backed against the counter. I immediately grabbed the phone and dialed 911, freaking out inside. My father had caught me, but I had already explained. When he heard the sirens he panicked and took both my mother and himself to the grave. That was when Jon first found out about the abuse and everything else, but I expected him to hate me. It was, after all, my father who had killed his mother, and we hadn't been very close before that. Surprisingly enough, it was him who comforted me more than anyone, since my father's relatives didn't like me that much. It was at that point that we got to be closer than ever, and that was the start of the realationship we had now. As for Connor, which I was sure Jon would explain too, he was the son of a wealthy corporate family who liked me. My family would have loved the money and power, but unfortunately, the feeling wasn't mutual.

I knew immediately when the three boys walked out a half-hour later that Ryan and Brendon wanted to talk. "I think I'll talk to Spencer too. Have fun kids, and behave." He looked at Ryan and Brendon seriously when he said that, and they nodded. Great, Jon talked to them about me too. They both sat down on either side of me silently, none of us sure what to say. "So, Jon explained a few things." Ryan started and I nodded slightly. " I'm sorry." All three of us said it at the same time, and it lightened the mood a little as we all laughed slightly. "Look, I understand why you might be worried about...us." Ryan started. "We were too, that's part of the reason we were reluctant to ask you, as well as the fact that we were afraid you'd say no." Brendon finished up what Ryan was saying, and I nodded, smiling slightly. At least I wasn't the only one.

"If your not ready yet, we'll wait." Ryan had started again, and I knew that Brendon was going to finish up the statement. " We just want to make sure that you know that we do want to be with you." Brendon did finish, and I was beginning to realize that this was their way of making sure I knew both of them agreed. I yawned and stretched. I had managed to cry so hard I felt completely drained. "I think...that I still want to give this a try, but... if you don't mind I'd like to sleep on it. I'm worn out." I felt bad, but they both smiled. "I'm glad." Brendon said as Ryan exhaled. I blinked at them both, confused. "You may not have answered, but you said you think you'd like ot give us a try. That means you don't hate us." Brendon gave me another smile and I smiled a little too. "I could never hate you guys."

With that, I stretched out on the couch. I felt Brendon's arms under me and I squeaked. "You'll still stay with us, right?" He asked, already walkng towards the room. Ryan already had the door open and had flopped on the bed when I nodded. Brendon set me down gently between them, and they were speaking gently over me with their arms around me, but I fell asleep without really hearing the conversation.

Well, I hope you all enjoy this chapter, especially Alyssa.~ This took me a while to write, and it may be another little while, what with school and other things. I'm really sorry my loyal readers (I hope I have loyal readers...oh well, I like to make it sound like I rock anyway!
Sign up to rate and review this story