Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Tangles of Love

Mission Unaccomplished?

by hopper12594 0 reviews

"Okay, stop it, Shakespeare. And besides, He never. Said. That he loves you."

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Sakura, Sasuke - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-01-16 - Updated: 2007-01-17 - 1351 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER 2: Mission Unaccomplished?

"He doesn't love me anymore! WAAAAHHHH!!"

"Correction: He never loved you."

Sniffles.

"I know he loves me! Because I'm his sunshine through the rainy days. His light through the darkness. His success in his defeat---"

"The major pain in his ass."

"Yeah, wait! I didn't say that! Say I'm his major pain in his sexy ass."

Silence.

"Okay, stop it, Shakespeare. And besides, He never. Said. That he loves you."

Silence.
Birds chirped.
Flowers bloomed.
Animals roar.
Mountains twitched.

"I know that line."

"Oh quit it. I'm original."

The Fantastic Four namely Hinata, Ino, Tenten and Sakura,

SOUND EFFECTS...

(Thank you!)
Ehem, they are hanging out at Hinata's mansion. This should have been a study session, as initiated by Hinata, not a shouting contest and oh-how-poor-she-was-left-by-her-almighty-love kind of thing. But that's just the way it is.

"You know Sakura?" Ino started. "You should just date another guy."

"WHAT?!?" Sakura shouted. "You think I'm a slut? And besides, Sasuke will be jealous. And I'm still young. Young and fresh."

"Oh, stop it." Tenten flinched with an obvious expression of impatience. "Stop dreaming."

"Excuse me, I'm not dreaming. I'm a pedophile."

Silence.

"Whoa!" Ino said backing away. "Where'd you get that word? I mean 'pedophile'."

Sakura smiled. "I picked it from a tree."

Silence.

Sakura smiled. "What? You're impressed of me now."

"But Sakura." Hinata inquired. "A pedophile is a sexual pervert who likes children."

Ino and Tenten started to back away casting Sakura scared looks.







"Believe me, guys. They're all here."

"How can we be sure of that?"

"Dude, I saw them going up to her room."

"Maybe they are just doppelgangers. You know, ghost clones."

"Ghosts that talk and laugh?"

"Hehe."

"And I also heard what they're conversing about."

"Hey you eavesdropper! Bring back our friend!"

"Who said that we're friends?"

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles namely Shikamaru, Neji, Naruto and Sasuke,

APPLAUSE!!

(Hey, I'm not a turtle!)

Shut up. Well they're hanging out at Neji's mansion. Well, pure coincidence. Or a stroke of love and destiny?

Sasuke does not like this news one bit. It's been a week after her confrontation with Sakura. And even though he doesn't want to admit it, he misses Sakura. From her pink hair down to her clean feet. And the prospect of Sakura liking and dating another guy is just too strange to his ears.

"Sasuke." Shikamaru shook him out of his reverie. "Does it matter anyway if Sakura is really dating another guy?" Sasuke glared at him. "I mean dude, he's just a fan girl anyway. Ok, maybe, a patient fan girl and the president of your United Love for Sasuke-kun organization but Sasuke, who damn cares?"

Sasuke silently agreed. But beneath him there's something surging. He doesn't want to recognize the feeling because he has a view of what this feeling may be.

Neji smiled. He knows himself that the great Uchiha has finally like a girl. And that lucky girl is Haruno Sakura. But he also knows that Sasuke's ego is extremely high that it can rival the heavens so he'll never admit it. And the inheritance. How to crack an iceberg and decrease his ego? Only someone who's the same as him can do it. Neji smirked and that's him.

"Sasuke?" Neji broke the never-ending silence. "One question, one answer. Do you like Sakura?"

Sasuke glared at Neji. Then he looked away.

"Aha!" Naruto shouted and a light bulb appeared above his head. "Silence means yes!"

"I can't believe that you know how to think, Naruto." Sasuke snapped.

"Hey---"

And before the two start fighting again, its Shikamaru's turn to be a human light post. "Hey guys, what if---"

They all smirked evilly.







"Okay, so here's the plan." Hinata whispered softly. They made Sakura take a sleeping pill that lasts for 8 hours (gulp) because they know that Sakura will not agree to their devious plan.

"So we'll put that to action by Monday morning. Bring her to the courtyard and there we'll work out our plan. Get it?" Hinata inquired Tenten and Ino.

"Ino," Tenten asked. "You sure about this guy?"

"Yeah. I'm very sure. Sakura will like him."

"But will he like Sakura?"

Silence.

"Absolutely." This last word was uttered with uncertainty. For a moment, they doubted if their plan will work but seeing Sakura's poor, heartbroken state made them be more determined to carry out the plan.






Neji gave Shikamaru a whiteboard. He sketched a plan on it. For half an hour, the three watched Shikamaru doodling in the whiteboard figures and other head-aching drawings. And when he was finished, Naruto had dozed off.

Neji poked him in the sides before he woke up. "Okay." Shikamaru started when everybody was ready. "Here is the plan..."

Two words: Boring, dude.

And after two hours of painful torture, Neji and Naruto have slept leaving Sasuke the only one listening intently.

"So, you mean, we'll follow her in the school tomorrow?"







8:00

Sakura finally wake up. She neither know that she slept that long nor she know about her friends' plan. She felt that she have drunk dozens and dozens cups of coffee. She was extremely alive and energetic.

She doesn't know that someone is watching her from afar. Sasuke is hiding in the bushes. Great for an Uchiha. Oh the shame if someone found out that an Uchiha is stalking a girl. And he's doing it badly. Hiding in the bushes?

Oh God. She's beautiful. Sasuke is watching her intently. He doesn't want to admit it but he's falling in love with the girl he had used to hate all these years.

Her once annoying sing-song voice that irked him is now a melody to his ears. Her constant clinging and demanding Sasuke misses. Her touch makes Sasuke nervous now. Her face that's a total nuisance to him once is now the object of all his dreams.

Love, that's what they call it. And he likes it.

SMACK!

Sasuke flinched. Sakura bumped into a post. Tsk. Tsk. Some things never really changed at all. I fell in love with this stupid girl? I can't believe it.






Next day...

Hinata and the others are dead nervous. This is it. This is really is it. Do or die. Now or never.

"Where are we going?" Sakura asked. This is not the route to their usual spot. There's something going on. Sakura thought. For once, she used her brains.






"Come on!" Shikamaru urged the others. They are putting their plan on work now. But boy, they look foolish.

The four of them are wearing all black. Black long sleeves, black pants, black shoes, black gloves, black caps, black paint on their faces, black bags, heck even black underwear. These are all Naruto's idea.

"What do you think?" He asked. "We look like professional assassins, eh?"

"We're not assassins."

"Then we look like investigators!"

"We look like Men-in-Black."

Sasuke is impatient now. And without further ado, he ran and rushed to work out their plan.

"Hey, wait!" the others called after him and ran.

"Part 1 of this operation: ongoing."






Hinata, Sakura, Tenten and Ino are nearing the courtyard. They can see a guy with his back on them waiting on the agreed spot. The three looked at each other and gulped.




Sasuke continued to run and when he is in his position now, he contacted the others. "Subject in the courtyard, meeting someone."

Naruto answered him. "We'll still get close. Stay there."





"Hi!" Ino started and the guy turned. He looked at Ino with those deep eyes.






"Can you see the face of the guy?" Sasuke inquired. He's getting impatient and jealous.

"Wait. I'll get close." Neji answered him.





"This is Haruno Sakura, remember the one I'm telling you?" Ino said. What the heck? Sakura thought. She's getting all her brain cells to work to figure out this one.





"So?" Sasuke asked, getting really impatient.

"Wait, just wait a second. I'm getting now a good view of him."






"Well, Sakura." Ino cheerfully said as she caught the interested expression on the guy's face. "This is---"




"Oh, dude," Neji said. "Shit! He is---"
Sign up to rate and review this story