Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Divide and Conquer

All Alone And Being Hunted

by story_master 3 reviews

Ice is back with a vengeance and an evil plan that is sure to take down Delilah and Julius. She wants revenge for all the times that those two have taken her down, and this time she knows exactly h...

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2007-01-18 - Updated: 2007-01-18 - 1839 words

2Exciting
Tory: Hey there everyone! Sorry for not updating in a while. Kinda hectic here. Well not much else to say here. Thanks to everyone who's read and reviewed so far. You rock! Enjoy the chapter!...

Disclaimer: Don't own the show, just my story.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Delilah woke up and groaned as she rubbed her head. She slowly and painfully sat up. Glancing at her surroundings she found herself in a very unfamiliar place. She stood up, ignoring the pain that shot through her body and squinted. It was dark where she was and hard to see everything.

She walked a few steps and found a door. She slowly turned the handle and found it to be unlocked. She peered through the door and then walked through it. Then she heard voices.

" Hey you! Get back here!" it was a man.

Delilah's heart raced as she took off. But she didn't make it very far. She was in an alley way and both exits were blocked by a masked person; one man and one woman.

Delilah took her fighting stance and readied herself for a fight. But she was surprised when her attackers did nothing. Then a third masked person, also a man, appeared from around the corner.

He walked up to her. There was something about that walk that seemed so familiar... but who was it? Delilah held her stance as the man came closer.

" Once a fighter, always a fighter huh Delilah?" the man asked.

" Who are you? How do you know my name?" Delilah demanded.

" I can't believe that you don't remember me. De." the voice replied, a small grin spreading across what could be seen of his face.

' The Con Man? No. Dr. Dismay? No!...' Delilah ran through the list of every villain her and Julius had fought but no names seemed to fit.

" Who are you?" she demanded again.

" Come on De. It's me." the boy said, his voice seemed so familiar.

Delilah figured that she wouldn't get any answers out of him so she lunged at him. What she wasn't expecting was for the boy to evade her attack, trip her and pin her to the ground. She struggled under the pressure he was using to hold her in place, but it was no use.

" How?" she whispered to herself, but the boy had heard her.

" Really now De. You should remember. We used to train together. We used to be the best of friends." the boy said, his voice laced with hurt.

" Julius?" Delilah asked slowly.

But the boy ignored her question and pulled her to her feet. She pushed away from him and took her fighting stance again.

" Run." the boy said.

" What?" Delilah was confused, ' Why is he telling me to run?'

" Run. Now. They'll be coming for you." the boy said, his voice sounded urgent.

" Who will? Who are you?" Delilah asked, lowering her fists.

" I can't tell you right now. But you have to trust me De. Run now. Get out of here while you still have a chance. Go! Now!" the boy said in a rush.

" But wh-" but she was cut off by the screeching of brakes.

" NOW!" the boy yelled as he gave her a little shove.

Delilah looked one last time at him then ran. She ran as fast and hard as she could. She ran for what seemed like an eternity before her lungs begged her to stop.

She came to a stop in a park. Gasping for air she sunk to the ground. 'Oh Julius how could you turn on me?" she thought to herself sadly. But something was wrong. She was so sure that it was Julius but there was something in her mind that told her otherwise.

She got up and raced back to the airport. She had to get her bags that she had left. She arrived there some thirty minutes later. It was pretty easy to find her bags.. they were in the 'Lost and Found'. She got them back and headed to the hotel. She would just stay in Julius room until she had some sort of lead.

Once safely in his room she unzipped the smaller of her two bags and pulled out a book. This was her memory book. Ever since she can remember she had kept her dearest memories in here. She flipped through the pages, examining each picture carefully. She care to the first page, she was flipping through it backwards, and froze in shock.

" No. It can't be." she whispered as she stared at the picture.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back in the alley way...

The boy turned just in time to catch the end of a very hard slap. He stumbled backwards and held his cheek. His two partners came to his side.

" You let her get away!" the girl screamed.

" Sorry. She just kind of slipped through my fingers." the boy replied with a smirk.

" If I were you I wou-" but the girl was cut off by a shout in the background.

" Hey! Come back here!" it was Emmett.

A blonde boy, with his hands tied behind his back came running at them. But the girl stuck out her foot and tripped him just as he passed her.

" Uh, uh, uh, uh. Sorry cutie." the girl said.

" Who's this Ice?" the masked boy asked, gesturing towards the fallen boy.

" Julius Shevalier." Ice replied.

" Where's Delilah?" Julius demanded from his spot on the ground.

" Yes, where is Delilah?" Ice asked, glaring at the masked boy.

" I won't tell you. I won't betray her... not again. I quit Ice. You can do your own dirty work." the boy replied firmly.

" Fine. Then she'll suffer more when I find her. And as for you... I'll deal with you later." Ice said as she picked Julius off the ground and dragged him back to the van, where Ursula and Emmett were waiting.

" I thought I told you two to keep an eye on him." Ice snarled as she pushed Julius in the back and climbed up front.

" Well you caught him, didn't you?" Ursula muttered to herself.

The van pulled out of the alley way and left the three masked people alone.

" Find her." the boy who had warned Delilah said.

The others just nodded and took off. Leaving the one boy alone with his thoughts.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Delilah ran her hand over the picture before taking it out of the covering. She smiled as a small tear slid down her cheek. All the memories of that day came racing back to her. She couldn't believe that she had forgotten it... forgotten him.

She glanced down at her book and was about to put the picture back when the glass patio doors shattered. Delilah jumped off the bed and looked at the window. She was expecting someone to come through.

" Darn vandals." she muttered as she walked over to the mess.

" Hello Delilah." a voice said from behind her.

" Ursula? What are you doing here?" Delilah asked, turning to face her.

" I came to get you." Ursula said with an evil smirk.

" What? Al didn't say that he was sending anyone." Delilah said, more to herself than anything.

" Oh come on Delilah! Isn't it obvious? Two masked people break Ice out of jail and then Julius goes missing? Even you can't be that slow!" Ursula snapped.

" You broke Ice out of jail? Why?" Delilah asked, finding the missing piece to the puzzle.

" Get her Emmett!" Ursula ordered.

Delilah heard the glass shards break under someone's foot behind her. She charged at Ursula, jumped on the bed and then over the blonde spy and the pushed her into Emmett. Delilah pulled open the door and ran. She took the stairs to the first level, there was no time to wait for the elevator.

She rounded the corner and just missed the manager. She shouted a 'sorry' over her back and raced out the front doors. Moments later the manager was hit by Ursula and Emmett coming around the same corner.

Delilah ran to a park where she took a quick break. But just as soon as she stopped she heard more footsteps. She took her battle stance and turned to face the noise. It was just after sunset so she couldn't see too well.

" Come with us." it wasn't Ursula and Emmett this time.

" Who are you?" Delilah asked, she could make out two figures.

" Danny wants to see you. Now come on." the two urged.

" No." Delilah said as she turned and ran.

She leaped over a hedge and raced into the streets. She could hear the sound of footsteps fading behind her. She hated this... running... being hunted.... she felt like an animal. She ran through the streets until she felt safe.... at least for a few moments.

She gasped the air as she surveyed her surroundings. Then she felt a sharp pain shoot through her side. She clutched it as she fell to the ground. It was in one concentrated spot. Delilah heard footsteps approaching fast. She needed to get out of there.

She stood on shaky legs and ran once more. The pain seemed to have lessened for the time being. She turned into an alley way and pressed against the wall, keeping out of sight. She couldn't keep this up all night. The pain in her side burned like a million fires and her head swirled like the waves of the oceans. She slid down the wall and looked up to the moon.

" Julius.. where are you? I need you." she whispered.

" I heard something over here!" a voice in the not-too-far distance shouted.

Delilah used the wall to get to her feet and she started to run again. She never felt so alone. But maybe she deserved it... maybe she asked for it. She had wanted Julius to leave her alone and now she was regretting it... she just wanted this vacation to be over.

The traffic had slowed over the course of the day, and the pedestrians had dispersed. The streets were quiet... except for the pitter patter of feet. Feet that were running... from fear.... from suffering... from her past. She ran as fast and hard as she could but no matter how far she had or could run her past would always be right behind her... always.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: Well there you have it! I hope that you enjoyed it. The next chapter is going to be my favourite. Ooo so a new character is thrown in the mix. I guess the question now is " Who the heck is he?" and " Can Delilah trust him?" Ooo. I just love cliffies and suspense. You'll just have to stick with me to find out. I'll try to update soon. Exams are coming up so that means half a week off when they're done! Whoo! I'll definitely update then, if not before. Don't forget to send a review my way, letting me know what you think about the story so far! Cheers! ;D
Sign up to rate and review this story