Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Divide and Conquer

The Truth... Or Maybe Not

by story_master 2 reviews

Ice is back with a vengeance and an evil plan that is sure to take down Delilah and Julius. She wants revenge for all the times that those two have taken her down, and this time she knows exactly h...

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2007-01-30 - Updated: 2007-01-31 - 1349 words

1Exciting
Tory: Hey there! Hooray exams are over! Five days off WHOO! lol. Anyways on to my note. So, I've thrown a new character into the mix. And so far all you know is his name is Danny and he is from Delilah's past. But what will be found out now? OKay, I'll stop with the questions and just get on with the story. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Don't own it, never will. I just own my stories and any new characters I happen to make up along the way.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ice's van pulled up to an old abandoned warehouse. Ice got out of the van, followed by Ursula and Emmet who were dragging a drowsy Julius.

" Get him inside and make sure he doesn't get away this time!" Ice snapped her orders.

The two traitor spies followed her instructions and took Julius into the building. They tied him to a chair and left him alone in the dark, damp void.

Outside Ice was yelling at someone. Ursula and Emmet stopped by the door and listened...

" Why should I tell you? You quit remember." Ice said harshly.

" Tell me where the antidote is, now!" the boy shouted, it was Danny.

" No. I'm trying to get rid of them for good. How can I do that if you keep helping them?" Ice retorted.

" I don't want to see her suffer anymore. Please, tell me where the antidote is." Danny's voice was softer.

" No! Now get lost before you regret coming here." Ice said as she turned to go inside.

Danny gave her a dirty look and turned around, heading back into the string of alley ways that ran through the city.

" I told you to watch Julius!" Ice shouted as she shoved open the door hiding Ursula and Emmet.

The two spies scrambled to their feet and raced back to their posts. Ice was slowly following them but she stopped to pick up a small briefcase.

As the three approached the tied spy he lifted his head and squinted at them. Before, they had knocked him out to stop him from escaping. His mind still a little fuzzy he tried his best to think of a way to get out of this.

" I see your waking up cutie. Good. Now this should hurt.... a lot." Ice smirked as she set the briefcase down and opened it.

She pulled out a rather large needle filled with a strange blue liquid. She walked over to Julius and held the needle close to him.

" This should stop you from ruining my plans again." she whispered as she jabbed the needle into his arm.

Julius cringed with pain as the liquid began to work its way through his system. He looked at Ice.

" What is that?" he asked weakly.

" It's a very poisonous venom. It comes from a rare snake. It's going to kill you and Delilah and then no one will stop me."

Julius began to feel very tired, he knew it was the poison. This time he just didn't have enough strength to do anything. It truely was the end... the end of his team, the end of him... the end of Delilah. ' Delilah. I'm sorry.' he thought as the poison took him.

His body fell limp and Ice, looking quite pleased with herself, laughed.

" No more Delilah and Julius... no more. I knew that this plan would work. Now all that's left is the academy." she was talking more to herself than to Ursula and Emmet.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning came and Delilah was still running. She didn't know how she had managed it but she did. She made it to an alley way on the outside of town. There she collapsed. The unknown poison working it's way through her body. She felt light headed and weak. 'If only Julius were here...I'm sorry Julius... sorry I got you into this.' she thought weaily.

Then she heard footsteps. She lifted her heavy head and tried to focus on the figure coming towards her.

" Who's there?" she called softly.

" Shh. You need to rest now De." the familiar voice replied.

" Danny?" Delilah asked, her vision growing fuzzier by the minute.

The boy nodded and Delilah fell unconsious. He carried her to a vehicle and drove off. She was safe for now, safe in the depths of her dreams.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Delilah woke up and it was dark again. She tried to move but found herself immobile.

" You're awake, good." a familiar voice said.

" Danny? What's going on?" she asked, her voice hoarse.

" Drink this." he said, ignoring her question, and helping her sit up.

Delilah looked suspiciously at the drink but then downed it. It brought back so many memories of home.

" How are you feeling?" he asked as he sat at the end of the bed she was in.

" What's going on?" she asked again.

" There will be time for questions later. Now you need to rest. You've been poisoned and you need time to let the antidote kick in." he replied.

He got up to leave but Delilah grabbed his arm. He looked at her and her eyes were very serious.

" Why?" she asked.

" Why what?" he asked confused by her question.

" Why did you leave? Why did you leave me alone?" she asked, her tone dead serious.

" I had to. I'm sorry but it was the only way." Danny said, lowering his head.

" No it wasn't. I was your sister and you left me alone. Without mom or dad. With nothing." Delilah said.

" De, I had to leave to protect you. I'm sorry. But I wasn't going to let them get you like they got mom and dad." Danny said, going off into his own little world.

" What do you mean? Are they..." Delilah trailed off.

Danny solumly nodded his head.

" When? Why? How?" Delilah asked, needing to know the truth.

" When you were three. Our house was ambushed, I barely got you out of there. Mom and dad told me that they would be okay and that I needed to get you somewhere safe. They said that they'd come back for us..." Danny trailed off.

" ...but they didn't..." Delilah said as she tried to remember.

" No, they didn't. Four years later I went looking for them. You were seven and pretty self sufficient. I knew that you'd be okay. I didn't plan on disappearing like that. I'm sorry." Danny continued.

" You left me alone for all that time... so why come back now?" Delilah asked absent mindedly as the story sunk in.

" I only found out a few weeks ago about mom and dad. I knew that you'd been searching for them. I knew that you'd want to know the truth." Danny replied, looking at her.

" Thank you." Delilah said, her mind now somewhat at rest.

" Now, you need to rest. If we're going to save your friend Julius then you'll need to be well rested." Danny said.

" Wait! Were they double agents?" Delilah asked, she needed to know for sure, so she could clear their names.

" Yeah they were." Danny replied as he left.

Delilah sat there for a while in the silence. 'He's lying. They weren't double agents. I know it. They just couldn't be... and I'll prove it to everyone.' Delilah thought as she quietly got out of the bed and headed for the door. She didn't know if she could trust Danny. But there was just one more question in her mind that was left unanswered: 'If Danny was her brother then why hadn't Al and Scarlett told her about him?'

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: There you have it, the next chapter. I just love family reunions don't you? lol. Ooo, could Danny be lying? Is he really her brother? Why didn't Al and Scarlett mention him? Ooo so many questions that I want to answer but I can't. I mustn't ruin the story. Well send a review my way and let me know what you think. Constructive critism is always welcome. I'll definitely update soon because I have no school and no homework so I've got lots of time. Cheers!
Sign up to rate and review this story