Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I've Seen Love Die - Patrick Stump

Thirty-Seven.

by punkypromqueen 3 reviews

why can't things just have a happily ever after?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-01-22 - Updated: 2008-02-04 - 1435 words

2Exciting
It was later that night that Kate's vital signs plummeted sending her into a coma.
"I just need to inform you that if she wakes up she might not be the same." The doctor quietly stated outside of the room.
"What do you mean?" Andy responded in the same hushed tone, he had finally gotten Pete and Joe to go home and get some sleep and come back in a few hours when they we're rested, Patrick however was still wide awake watching Kate, there was no way in hell that he was going anywhere where he couldn't see her. He was no longer hysterical but informing him right now that Kate might be anything less than perfect when she wakes up was a horrible, horrible idea.
"Like I explained before, she shouldn't be alive. Her wounds are serious; she also hit her head probably on her fall down. When she wakes up, if she wakes up, she could have severe brain damage, or amnesia, to what extent we won't know until she wakes up. On the opposite end of the spectrum she could wake up and be fine, no permanent damage, I know I sound like a broken record but once again, we won't know until she wakes up."
"I understand." Andy nodded solemnly and adjusted his glasses. The doctor slightly smiled, nodded a response and walked away with the charts. Andy sighed heavily and he swiveled around on his heal to enter into the room once more.
"What did he say?" Patrick asked not moving his head from its position in Kate's lap.
"No change, but her vitals are strong and he won't be surprised if she wakes up anytime now." Andy lied and placed his hands in his pockets as he leaned on the wall of the room.
"You're lying." He responded with a sniffle still not moving.
"I'm not, she's strong." Andy choked out not very convincingly.
"She's going to die, isn't she? They don't think she'll make it." Patrick's head shot up, his eyes were glassy as he stared at Andy.
"They don't know anything Patrick." He spat out and shook his head in disbelief. The thought of loosing Kate caused Patrick to break down once again, he always had known that her dying was a possibility but it was only now that reality hit him. Kate was in a coma, she may never wake up again and he could do absolutely nothing.
"Patrick, it's ok. She's going to be ok." Andy replied though his own tears as he rushed over to Patrick. He rubbed his back, trying to calm him down to no avail.
"No, NO! This is all my fault. I did this to her. Oh God, I wish it was me instead." Patrick cried into Kate's leg.
"Hey, no. This is not your fault, not at all. You did everything you could, if anything you saved her. Everything happens for a reason ok?" Andy stated as calmly as he could while trying to compose himself.
"NO FUCK THAT!" Patrick stood and violently screamed through his tears.
"Patrick, you need to calm down. You are working yourself up." Andy said now standing to mirror Patrick's actions.
"No this is my fault." He cried.
"This is Sean's fault." Andy said sternly while placing his hands on Patrick's shoulders forcing him to look him in the eye.
"She was only with Sean because of me, Andy, because of me. Because I didn't have the balls to propose so instead I drove her away from me and towards him." Patrick sank back into the chair and cried into his hands.
"She can't die, she can't. She can't leave me here, I'll never forgive myself." Patrick mumbled though his tears and Andy took a deep breath unable to think of anything else to say that would soothe his friend.
For three days Patrick sat in the chair by Kate's bed, he hadn't eaten, didn't talk to anyone and barely slept. Everyone imaginable had tried to get Patrick to move, or even eat but were unsuccessful. Sam and Brian walked out of the room and ran into Joe,
"Anything?" he asked hopeful. Sam and Brian nodded sadly and continued walking. Joe took a deep breath and walked into the room.
"Hey man." He responded, energy lacking. Patrick made a grunting noise in response and Joe sighed and held out a bag. Patrick didn't even acknowledge Joe.
"I brought clothes and peanut butter, look." Joe tried his best to sound cheery; Patrick just placed his head in Kate's lap and sighed.
"Patrick you need to change your clothes, and eat something, look at yourself."
Patrick glanced down at the same blood stained clothes he had been wearing since he found Kate but didn't respond.
"Please Patrick, just go in there and take a shower, you won't be gone for more than five minutes and I'll be here, so if anything, anything at all, I'll get you man, please." Joe gestured to the room's bathroom and Patrick shook his head violently signaling that there was no way leaving her bedside. Joe sighed,
"When she wakes up do you want her to see you like this?"
Patrick sat up as fresh tears began to well up in his eyes; he slowly shook his head 'no' and stood up gesturing for Joe to hand him the clean clothes. Joe slightly smiled and obliged. Patrick glanced at the clothes and let the first smile since the accident appear on his lips.
"What?" Joe questioned confused.
"This is her favorite shirt of mine." Patrick replied with a hoarse voice and glanced once more at Kate before shuffling into the bathroom and shutting the door behind him. Joe let out a breath before sitting down in the seat Patrick was so reluctant to leave. He pulled out his phone and dialed Andy.
"Hey." Andy's voice echoed into the receiver.
"Hey, I got him to shower." Joe replied as he rested his elbow on his knee.
"Keep a close watch on him man, seriously, he is not ok." Concern was apparent in his voice as Joe heard the ding of a car door in the background.
"I know!" Joe replied annoyed as if he was a child getting lectured by his mommy.
"Where are you going?" Joe questioned as he heard an ignition start.
"I'm going to pick up Pete and then to the hospital." Andy sighed.
"Why do you need to pick up Pete?" Joe asked confused and Andy sighed once more.
"Sara called hysterical cause Pete locked himself in the bathroom, he's out now but he's in no position to drive."
"Oh. Well I'll see you get here then. Later." Joe replied and hung up the phone. He glanced around the room that was already filled with pictures, get well balloons, cards, and flowers as well as Molly's little coloring masterpieces.
"Kate please wake up soon." Joe whispered as he sat back into the chair, he glanced to the bathroom door as he heard the water shut off, and he let out a sigh of relief and rested his head in his hand. He shut his eyes for a second.
"Hi Joey." Kate whispered and Joe's head shot out of his hands.
"Kate?! Oh my holy fuck!" Joe stated shocked and went to pull her into a hug but stopped afraid that he would hurt her. He started laughing as tears fell from his eyes and he squeezed her leg. She slightly smiled and nodded.
"Patrick!" Joe shouted frantically, he heard a bang and then the door flew open as Patrick hopped out trying to put a leg in his jeans. Once he had his pants successfully on he ran over to the bed.
"Hi." Kate stared blankly at him.
"Hey baby." Patrick smiled, and Kate glanced at Joe confused. She averted her eyes back to Patrick.
"I'm Kate."
"I know." He laughed at her, she just glanced at Joe once more before responding.
"I'm sorry, I don't," she looked from Patrick to Joe, "I don't know who that is." She whispered.
"What? That's Patrick sweetie." Joe gestured to Patrick and Kate shrugged.
"Patrick? Your boyfriend since forever." Joe leaned down so he was eye level with Kate.
"Don't you remember?" He questioned and Kate shook her head as tears began to fill her eyes. Joe glanced up at Patrick who looked like he had been hit by a truck.
"Kate?" Patrick questioned as tears threatened to fall, and grabbed for her hand, she pulled it away and shook her head.
"I'm sorry I don't know who you are."
Sign up to rate and review this story