Categories > Cartoons > Xiaolin Showdown > Dragon of Thunder, Dragon of Wind

pilgrim

by angel_of_life2345 2 reviews

Amber an the other monks finaly reach the temple. After the monks fall asleep a mystirous figure watches Amber as she sings. And WHY does it seem that Lauren and Amber are a litte TOO 'close'? and ...

Category: Xiaolin Showdown - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Humor, Romance - Characters: Clay, Dojo, Kimiko, Master Fung, Omi, Raimundo - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-28 - Updated: 2007-01-28 - 1524 words

0Unrated
Angel: well lauren, you do the disclaimer while i put this pink tutu on chase.
Chase young: TOUCH ME AND ONCE I GET OUT OF THIS I WILL KILL YOU!!!
Lauren: Angel does not own Xiaolin Showdown or Wild child by enya, She does, however, own me and wished she owned chase young.

chase: leave me alone you rabid fangirls!

Angel and Lauren: Awwww does the baby want his bottle?

--------------------

Lauren had fallen asleep by the time they reached the temple. Amber jumped of Dojo and was followed by the other monks, Clay carring Lauren, as she looked at everything. The night sky and moonlight gave the temple a mistical feel. She could feel the monks staring at her, one of them im particular. She turned and the first pair of eyes she met were Raimundo's.
"Were will I sleep?" She asked with a smile. She was the only one to catch that Raimundo blushed.
"You shall sleep in the sleeping quarters. Follow us." Omi said. Amber chuckled. The child spoke so formaly sometimes. In the course of a few hours that they were flying on Dojo, the monks had succesfully told Amber about the shen gong wu, the haylin side, and that she was the dragon of thunder. Amber couldnt help but laugh at some of the bickering that went on when they tried to tell her that. Her attention was brought back as Raimundo tapped her shoulder, the monks were heading into the temple. Amber followed obediantly. She was led into a room that had a few 'cubical-like' rooms lined up. So much for a door. Lauren was placed in the fifth cubical, Amber went into the one next to that which was next to the wall. 'Good' Amber thought,'I prefer to sleep with my back to a wall anyway'. The Monks walked up to Amber.
"we will go talk to Master Fung tomarrow. Get pleanty of rest and dont let the bed insects bite." Amber raised an eyebrow at what Omi said.
"I think you mean 'dont let the bed gugs bite'."she said with a snicker.
"Guten nacht." she said. This confused all of the monks, since none of them knew german.
"i'm sorry. It's german. I was born in Germany so I used to speak german regularly. I will try to speak english from now on. I said 'good night'." the monks nodded, still confused, but dismissed it silently. They retaired to there own rooms and Amber laid down on the cot. Thoughts of Raimundo's blush came back to her. 'Hmmm. this is going to be interesting. I know I'm attractive, but I didn't know I could get a monk of all people to start falling for me. This may prove to be a really funny adventure.' After about an hour after that, Amber noticed her insomnia was taking affect. With no school and no Lauren to bug her till she wants to sleep, insomnia was kicking in and she couldnt sleep. She got up and walked out to the stairs of the temple. She looked out and looked at the enrance of the temple.
'this is my new home. Seems better than my old one. If I ont get yelled at day by day for a silly mistake then I just might get used to living here.' Amber thought while sitting down on the stairs. She looked up at the stars. 'So much more that what I saw back in THAT hell hole. The air is much cleaner here to.' She kept looking at the stars as she opened her mouth, not noticing the dark figure on one of the buildings, and began to sing.
"Pilgrim, how you journey
on the road you chose
to find out why the winds die
and where the stories go.
All days come from one day
that much you must know,
you cannot change what's over
but only where you go.

One way leads to diamonds,
one way leads to gold,
another leads you only
to everything you're told.
In your heart you wonder
which of these is true;
the road that leads to nowhere,
the road that leads to you.

Will you find the answer
in all you say and do?
Will you find the answer
In you?
Each heart is a pilgrim,
each one wants to know
the reason why the winds die
and where the stories go.
Pilgrim, in your journey
you may travel far,
for pilgrim it's a long way
to find out who you are...

Pilgrim, it's a long way
to find out who you are...

Pilgrim, it's a long way
to find out who you are..."
At the end of the song she kept her eyes on the stars. Not noticing Lauren walk up behind her and sit down on her left, or the dark figure leave the temple.

----------

Chase young stood at the opposite side of the wall of the temple, on the outside. His heart was beating rapidly. He was scared, mystified, and most of all curious. that girl, how could her voice alone make his heart skip a beat? who was she? Was she a new dragon? 'No matter.' Chase young thought, 'I will find out soon enough'. With that he took of in the direction of his layer.

----------

The monks woke up at the crack of danw, despite staying up most of the night, and went to check on Lauren and Amber. Neither were in their beds. The monks panicked and ran out of the temple into the temple grounds in search of the missing pair. Omi ran past the tower that held the Shen gong wu and noticed the two girls sitting down at the table were they normaly ate and were talking to Master Fung and Dojo.
"I found them." Omi shouted towords the other dragons and ran up to the girls.
"So glad you could join us for breakfast shiny head." Lauren said cheerfully.
"Guten morgen.....oops! i mean 'good morning'" Amber said as the other monks took their seats. The table was full of breakfast like food. Master Fung spoke before anyone could eat.
"young dragons, I am glad to see that the dragon of thunder is finaly among us again. After you all eat I wish to speak with you all in the audience chamber." they all nodded, showing they understood, becouse their mouths were to full of food to speak.

-----------

After the meal everyone followed Master Fung into the audience chamber and sat down on the pillow seats that were in a cirlce.
"hehe. pillows for seats." Lauren said lightly as she sat next to Amber, who pulled Lauren into her lap. Lauren squeked, but did not complain. Raimundo did however.
"Why did you pull her into your lap? Are you lesbians or something?" He asked rather rudely.
"Rai! Dont be rude." Kimiko said in aggitation. Before anyone else could say anything Amber raised her hang, bringing all their attention back to her and Lauren.
"Contrary to popular beleif, Lauren and I are not a couple. I myself am a bisexual, but I am only affectinete like this to friends. Oh and I hug a lot so dont be suprised if I hug you at least 5 times a day from now on." She stated and Lauren laughed.
"remeber that itme you creeped out that senior becouse you just randomly walked up to him and hugged him?"
"he wasnt half as creeped out as the people in that hall when you randomly shouted out 'My boobs are name Edward and Alphones' ran around screaming 'woooooooo!'" Amber said with a giggle.
"I understand that this must be a rather intriging conversation but I must bring you all back to what the real situation is. We may have the dragon of thunder, but this wont help us if the curse of the dragon of thunder turns her to the haylin side." Master fung said.
"curse?" Amber asked

------------------

terms of intrest/ Defenitions-
Amber's german language- After this it may apear every now and then, but she wont talk much in it unless i decide to make her.

Lauren's randomnes- She has no inner monologue. Meaning she can think word in her head. Brings endless entertainment when you bored and she is near by (lauren is a real live person that i got permission to put in this story)

Amber's affection- like myself, Amber likes to hug people a lot, so she will randomly hug people (when lauren said how she randomly walked upt a senior and hugged him, this didnt happen)

Chase Young's and Raimundo's Feelings- basically they both fall for the same girl. this is going to play a key role in wether or not Amber stays on the side of good, or the goes evil.

Amber's singing- i cant remember is i put the reason for her singing in previous chapters, but it is not only becouse she was in te choir, Amber gets an emotional release whenever she sings.

Amber and Lauren on the stairs- they fell asleep there and Master Fung woke them up. Tha it why they were not origanaly in their cots/beds
Sign up to rate and review this story